NeoCleaner

then the update agent needs to be able to update itself not much point having an auto update if it can only auto update some of the time.

586262440[/snapback]

I'd imagine once the auto update code is working flawlessly it will never be updated again. This is a beta.

I'd imagine once the auto update code is working flawlessly it will never be updated again. This is a beta.

586262456[/snapback]

yes but is there a reason why the old autoupdater couldnt have just downloaded and installed the new one :huh:

then the update agent needs to be able to update itself not much point having an auto update if it can only auto update some of the time.

586262440[/snapback]

NeoCleaner is still in beta, so things like this change, although I think that Update Agent is done, other than small bug fixes if they show up.

yes but is there a reason why the old autoupdater couldnt have just downloaded and installed the new one  :huh:

586262472[/snapback]

Because of changes to the files that Update Agent downloads, that would be impossible. The file formats are finalized now, so all updates will be through Update Agent.

NeoCleaner is still in beta, so things like this change, although I think that Update Agent is done, other than small bug fixes if they show up.

586264210[/snapback]

awaiting the next version then, hope it goes smoothly :D

Because of changes to the files that Update Agent downloads, that would be impossible. The file formats are finalized now, so all updates will be through Update Agent.

586264210[/snapback]

I was wandering why the auto updater couldnt just download and install the new autoupdater sorry if the way i said it was offencive

btw what happened to the neocleaner irc channel :huh:

No problem, dragon. No offence on your part. I decided just to close the IRC channel as its pretty much dead all the time.

New milestone version available! 0.3 beta marks the completion of the UI, Update Agent, settings and Windows cleaning items. These still need to be checked further for bugs, but I think I worked out most if not all of the bugs.

Version 0.3.0.0 (BETA)

- Implemented log files cleaning.

- Implemented chkdsk file fragments.

- Added error handling for processing cleaning results.

- Added icons to cleaning results.

- Moved savings column in cleaning results to be second column in list view.

Available via installer or Update Agent.

auto update worked

although i did have an issue where metaproducts download express keeps trying to take over the download! :rolleyes: (I've changed it to only monitor clicks when i press a certain key now so it wont try it again hopefully)

Once the registry cleanup gets turned on please make and option To backup the registry before cleaning it, just in case something was to go wrong.

Durning analyze on my laptop Neocleaner just closes itself this is with version 0.3 beta

i have all the options checked (i pressed check all)

Seems to happen when it scans though system volume information whilst enumerating files and folders.

Not sure if that helps you pinpoint the problem easier.

Edited by dragon2611

^ System Volume Information, eh? I'll look into it, although I do not have this problem myself.

EDIT:

I've uploaded a private test build (NeoCleanerPTB.rar) for you on the server space you've provided me. See if you still get the bug using it.

Edited by jimbo11883

After running Analyze with Windows all checked, the program just closes, is it suppose to do that?

Running v0.3....Windows XP Pro...

Great dragon! I'll post that to the beta update server now.

586269181[/snapback]

do i need to redownload or will i still get the updates on the next build i replaced my neocleaner.exe with the one from the test build you gave me : :unsure:

not sure if that was such a smart idea in hindsight

there is one thing that worries me, were and how do you get hold of the libary of spyware and such?

586269306[/snapback]

What?

its cleans up temp files and the registery

its not a antispyware app :huh:

do i need to redownload or will i still get the updates on the next build  i replaced my neocleaner.exe with the one from the test build you gave me  :  :unsure:

not sure if that was such a smart idea in hindsight

586269302[/snapback]

The test build I gave you is the same as the beta release I just put on the beta server, except for the custom title bar caption. ;)

oh ok, lol

downloads and installs anyway.

oh and it crashes in scanning, lol

586269324[/snapback]

Are you running 0.3.0.1? or 0.3.0.0.

well i slight feaute addition, when you do a computer cleanup, there are greyed out boxes, would be an idea if you could choose to selcte then , as a user might want to clear one thing but not the other

Are you running 0.3.0.1? or 0.3.0.0.

586269346[/snapback]

nevermind, lol dragon just told me to tick beta update box and download the .1 build and it fixed it

Jimbo add that sort of information to the first post. LOL so many new testers. Im on a mac in boston now so i will bug the app when i get back in a week