NeoCleaner

Nice one, keep up the great work, it looks awesome. I dig the iCandy Foood Icons.

As far as the registry cleaning part of it goes, there is one area you could make an HUGE improvement over CCleaner.....for some reason, every single release of CCleaner detects file associations set to programs it doesn't recognize, like Irfanview for pictures, as being an error and it "cleans" them so that after you run a reg clean you have to reassociate your picture files to it all over again.

Then, the next time you reg clean with CCleaner it detects the file associates as being an "error" that needs "cleaned" all over again. I for one love Irfanview, it's the fastest, most efficient, and capable little image viewer i've ever tried. It's also one that has been around for quite awhile....so why CCleaner does this I have no clue, but even the latest release of CCleaner still does it to the latest release of Irfanview on a reg cleanup.

As one possible appearance tweak, with the popularity Longhorn/Vista looking things have built up, ever think of doing the areo glass borders?

I wouldn't need to do aero glass borders as NeoCleaner uses regular windows controls, so it will take advantage of windows vista's skinning.

when the registry cleaner does become avalable will it be safe to use in xp64?

i read somewhere that a 32bit registry cleaner is not a good idea on xp64 or something.

oh well my other computer isnt 64bit so i can hopefully use the registry cleaner on that one anyway when it comes out.

As NeoCleaner is written in VB6, it will be impossible to be fully compatible with 64-bit windows. (unless MS releases a 64-bit VB6 compiler, and you know as well as I that it will never happen.)

I'm only on AIM when necessary. As I had a HD problem, I lost all source code since about July 24th. I am frantically working to bring NeoCleaner back to where it was 2 days ago. Expect a delay of another day or two, so the release looks like it will be this friday.

Latest screen shot:

neocleaner.jpg

[EDIT]

if bEverythingGoesWell = true then

NeoCleaner_ReleaseToPublic

end if

:p

Edited by jimbo11883

Nice program, but how does it compare to CCleaner? Is it more effecient?

586363814[/snapback]

it's still being written. if you want one that's more efficient, search softes windows cleaner :p

Yes, trying to squeeze in the rest of the IE cleaning features... These were originally done, but were lost when Vista f u c k e d up my hard drive... :angry: and I forgot to backup before testing... :cry: But 95% of the souce code was recovered. :ninja:

Registry Cleaning will be the last feature to be added, and will take the most time... I don't want people to come to my door holding torches when thier computer is fux0red from the reg cleaner. It will be a test at your own risk beta. I'll be testing it on a XP virtual machine myself.

For those of you dying to know what I've been up to, here's the current change log:

- Implemented Internet Explorer temporary internet files cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer cookies cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer history cleaning.

- Added multiple delete support for remove programs.

- Added multiple delete support for startup programs.

- Improved check boxes for cleaning items. Main category check boxes now receive a partial state when one or more sub-items are checked, but not all are checked in the category.

- Fixed startup programs command line arguments text being copied into the next item.

- Added an option to hide Windows Updates from the remove programs list.

- Added ability to unload Windows Explorer during cleanup.

- Optimized cleaning items control placement routine.

- Fixed small UI bugs.

- Fixed file not found error with remove programs when trying to run a missing uninstaller.

- Simplified Update Agent.

EDIT!!!

I've decided to release the new version early, with everything in it that I expected to add, except for two IE features (Index.dat files and Autocomplete Form History). These two features will take some time and I'll never make it work before Friday becomes Saturday lol... anyways,

Version 0.3.1.0 (BETA)

- Implemented Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer Cookies cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer History cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer Recently Typed URLs cleaning.

- Implemented Internet Explorer Last Download Location cleaning.

- Added multiple delete support for remove programs.

- Added multiple delete support for startup programs.

- Improved check boxes for cleaning items. Main category check boxes now receive a partial state when one or more sub-items are checked, but not all are checked in the category.

- Fixed startup programs command line arguments text being copied into the next item.

- Added an option to hide Windows Updates from the remove programs list.

- Added ability to unload Windows Explorer during cleanup.

- Optimized cleaning items control placement routine.

- Fixed small UI bugs.

- Fixed file not found error with remove programs when trying to run a missing uninstaller.

- Simplified Update Agent.

Downloadable installer only as Update Agent has been changed.

Edited by jimbo11883

For some reason its taking absolutly AGES to do a computer cleanup

and i mean its been running now for ever 10mins and it still going :huh:

i had 171.1mb of stuff to clean but still going very slowly.

Analysis or cleanup part?

586370034[/snapback]

Cleanup

i went out and came back 1hr later and it was only about half way though.

ive cancelled it now rather than wait for it to finish.

when there is a release that requires a full download of the setup package isn't there someway you could make the auto updater download the full setup package?

or even just display a message notifying the user there is an update but they need to go and download it manually?

The new update agent downloads the full package every time now, to ensure proper updating. Try NCUpdateAgent.exe with the /force switch.

The new update agent downloads the full package every time now, to ensure proper updating. Try NCUpdateAgent.exe with the /force switch.

586370293[/snapback]

:D great news

Oh and jimbo check your pm's ;)

Edited by dragon2611

Neocleaner is getting a new home at neocleaner.net (i think whill have to wait for jimbo to confirm)

I decided to register the domain and donate it to jimbo as i think its a great piece of software and wanted to show my apprecation :happy:

NeoCleaner.net will be up and running soon! Remember, that's http://www.neocleaner.net/

586370410[/snapback]

i've put a redirect on the update mirror, should redirect to the neocleaner site unless the URL of a specific file is entered :yes: just in case someone tryes to use that url.

mirror URL is http://neocleaner.fbdragon.co.uk not that anyone needs it as its just for the auto updater really.