Sony Ericsson K750i

i never get any smudges no matterhow much i move when taking the pics.. i guess i have the latest firmware.. i bought it yesterday though so i guess thats why.

out of curiosity though i'd like to know where to get the latest.

The latest firmware decreases the picture quality, you will have the very first firmware on your phone, thats why i sold my old K750i, it had the latest firemware, the video and picture quality decreased hell of alot. It's been said that they did this because the file sizes where too high, loads of bollocks if you ask me.

Primie.

i got questions for all the owners out there

1) able to play mp3 thru loudspeakers?

2) is the media (mp3) easy to scroll thru? (lets say, 1gb msd filled, so search by: artist, album etc?)

3) is the battery able to handle a day of: mp3 playback for couple hours, 2 hour talktime, couple camera shots, 1 hour gaming?

thanks, im looking forward to get my silver k750 soon in hong kong

i got questions for all the owners out there

1) able to play mp3 thru loudspeakers?

2) is the media (mp3) easy to scroll thru? (lets say, 1gb msd filled, so search by: artist, album etc?)

3) is the battery able to handle a day of: mp3 playback for couple hours, 2 hour talktime, couple camera shots, 1 hour gaming?

thanks, im looking forward to get my silver k750 soon in hong kong

586238132[/snapback]

yes, yes and yes

1 hour gaming.. you make me laugh :D

Enjoying this badboy here. Couple of thoughts.

Has anyone else played the tennis game? I haven't one a single game/match yet. Swept on all of them.

Second...I added a reminder for my hair cut appointment last week. The reminder worked great, but the little reminder icon is still visible on the phone. I've deleted those appointments, which you shouldn't have to do to get it to disappear, but it still shows. Anyone know how it's done?

tennis is a decent game imo, and i've one once, keep getting to dueses and advatages then loosing mostly though.

is there a definate way to check the firmware version on the handset?

Cingular in my area supports 850/1800/1900 tri-band :( So now I have the funds for the phone but my provider says they can't gaurantee good reception :angry:

tennis is a decent game imo, and i've one once, keep getting to dueses and advatages then loosing mostly though.

is there a definate way to check the firmware version on the handset?

586239383[/snapback]

>*<<*<*

>*<<*<*

586243280[/snapback]

In-case that confused anyone here are step by step instructions to access the service menu:

1. Move Joystick RIGHT

2. Press *

3. Move Joystick LEFT

4. Move Joystick LEFT

5. Press *

6. Move Joystick LEFT

7. Press *

8. Go to SERVICE INFO

9. Go to SOFTWARE INFO

And Voila!

Hi,

I'm new here. Got my k750i 3 days ago. I can not seem to "reset file no." when i save my pictures to the phone memory.

The "reset file no." option only resets the numbering of the memory stick.

Anybody experienced this?

Thanks!

Hehe, you guys wuldn't believe how lucky my dad is. His k750i was locked by Orange, so he couldn't really upgrade the firmware and stuff. So he tok it to a Sony Ericcson dealer, and they did it for him! He then has an unlocked phone. He asked Orange for their settings, and he got it working again, without any branding or locked features. As a result, he can browse the Web for free on his phone :D No fee from orange, its amazing.

Hehe, you guys wuldn't believe how lucky my dad is. His k750i was locked by Orange, so he couldn't really upgrade the firmware and stuff. So he tok it to a Sony Ericcson dealer, and they did it for him! He then has an unlocked phone. He asked Orange for their settings, and he got it working again, without any branding or locked features. As a result, he can browse the Web for free on his phone :D No fee from orange, its amazing.

586249248[/snapback]

or just ask for an unbranded handset when you buy it..

(obviously not in the orange shop)

in the uk we have some phone stores that cater for all networks so i just use them cos they are unbranded :D

Can you have a custom text message sound.. have an mp3 one like you do with the ringtone?

^Cool! Hehe, we don't have that kinda service here in the Dominican Republic...In order to get any decent cell phone, you gotta get it from Orange.

Hehe, you guys wuldn't believe how lucky my dad is. His k750i was locked by Orange, so he couldn't really upgrade the firmware and stuff.

586249248[/snapback]

tis a bad thing;) the firmware update messes with the video recording bitrate.

----

yes you can set an mp3 to any tone like ringtone and txt tone.

Can you have a custom text message sound.. have an mp3 one like you do with the ringtone?

586249645[/snapback]

Yes you can, although it can not be different for different contacts but I think it's fair enough right now to "just" have one specific mp3 for smses. Personally, I have the first bar in Sweet Child Of Mine, perfect!

thats good to hear. Although Im waiting for W800i which is almost like k750 but this one is a walkman version. :p

great review and pics are stunning :woot:

586011222[/snapback]

Agreed men. That cellphone's camera is like no other :yes: