Sony Ericsson K750i

You've just received a bad handset, that's all. Get it fixed (or do what you need to do) and you'll be happy with it (Y)

Mjah, I have it since November 2005 and this is actually the first problem I encounter. It's at the local shop now, they will ship it to SE. We'll see but I do miss her.

I'll be selling mine soon no doubt, had it for a few months due to o2 cocking up my contract and thinking it finished earlier than it did. I'm due for an upgrade soon, aiming for the w850i.

Just had ik back from the service centre. They claim to have fixed the problem yet I still cannot turn on the phone. What's up with that?

Sorry, I'm giving them one more chance or I'm moving on.

@Storm: Does the bg light flash?

Just had ik back from the service centre. They claim to have fixed the problem yet I still cannot turn on the phone. What's up with that?

Sorry, I'm giving them one more chance or I'm moving on.

@Storm: Does the bg light flash?

Tried turning it on without the Memory stick inserted? I only ask because my mates phone wouldnt turn on, he gave it to me to figure out why, I removed the memory stick and checked everything. Eventually we worked out that the mstick, or the slot was faulty.

Hmmm that's an idea

**runs off to try it**

You ... you ... you

that frikking works!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Glad I could help...if u were referring to me :D

Try a different memory stick, and see if it still has the same issues, or even reformat the original one in a card reader and re-test..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks for this ace review! I was considering the k750i, and I think I may just take the plunge and buy it:):)

Again, thanks for the review. *thumbs up*

At this point, why not get the K800 instead, or the W810? Both phones are newer and superior to the K750.

canada has the w810 for a very cheap price, which is the same (if not better) phone to the k750, including a larger memory card and better headphones, i suggest you consider that

Despite the more recent comments in this thread about people saying to go for the newer models, I myself am aiming to get a K750i within the next few weeks.

Before you start spamming me with the "omg newer versions are so much better" which is probably true, i must admit that i dont like the look of any of the newer models, and i'm not the sort of person who really gives a monkeys about the differences between a 2.0 and a 3.2 megapixel camera.

K750i FTW!

I have upgraded twice since having my K750. When I go on holiday though, I revert back to it because it's an old phone that works perfectly but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost, broke, whatever.

But whenever I do use it - I remember exactly why I loved this phone.

Apparently quite a number of k800i's are suffering from software corruption, which forces you to ship to back for repairs. Besides the 3.2MP camera, I see no reason to upgrade from the k750i in the next year or two.

Apparently quite a number of k800i's are suffering from software corruption, which forces you to ship to back for repairs. Besides the 3.2MP camera, I see no reason to upgrade from the k750i in the next year or two.

There are no major reasons to upgrade from a K750i to a K800i in my opinion, but a K800i is a good choice for someone wanting to start a contract.

Despite the more recent comments in this thread about people saying to go for the newer models, I myself am aiming to get a K750i within the next few weeks.

Before you start spamming me with the "omg newer versions are so much better" which is probably true, i must admit that i dont like the look of any of the newer models, and i'm not the sort of person who really gives a monkeys about the differences between a 2.0 and a 3.2 megapixel camera.

K750i FTW!

The camera jump is not the only difference, but it's the most prominent.

some days ago, my K750i stop working, I mean some keys in the keyboard didnt respond (the Number 1, 2 and 3 the joystick and the accept key) I went to the sony center of my country but they toldme that they didnt repaired my phone so I when to Anovo and they repaired my phone but It stopped working again so I told them to check out it again and they finally repaired well.

I dont know how only one fell of about 100cm or less make it change the keyboard, some integrateds and the one diode.

dsc00803iw7.th.jpg

i've had the k800i for three months and two weeks after getting it Sony had to replace the stick coz it didn't work.

overall not a bad phone, i just don't seem to get the utility out of it i expected. the camera's OK but doesn't look like a true 3.2. however, it is the best camera phone i've seen.

does anyone know if it scales back photo quality if the battery's low?

I recently sold my k750i to my little bro (at a reduced price) as it was beginning to show it's age (not entirely it's fault.) I had lost two of the control buttons (top left, and top center) and the button characters were beginning to fade away. Also, as I was a smoker, I managed to get some of the cigarette contents between the display glass and display when using the same pocket for cigs and cell; don't ask how the cig contents got loose and left it's box.

I'm a proud owner of the k800 atm, after returning a Nokia 6280 that felt too much like a Fisher Price toy :D

anyone knows how to unlock a k800i from a provider?(Three mobile from Aust)

Have you tried asking the provider for such a service? Chances are they will do it for free (as in the case of some companies in the States) or they will charge $50-$100 for it. I think there will be some sort of minimum commitment to 3 in terms of length of subscription before such a service will be offered.

ps. sorry for going o/t