PSP 1.5 Hacked

Almost a week after Killer-X and the PSP-Dev team released the revolutionary Swaploit v0.1, and they seem to be at it again. Their website states that on the 22nd of June (tomorrow), at 12:00 GMT, they will be releasing a new version of this method. Details as of now are fuzzy since nothing is said about it except:

?Several days ago we released the swaploit (15-Jun) , some of the sceners got satisfied but some of you tell us to do it better. Today we are proud to announce that in a few days you will get a new hit from Killer-X and PsP-Dev Team...?

The only clues the videos on the site offer of this new version is something called 'Direct Loader', followed by a SNES emu loading up WITHOUT swapping memory sticks. Is this is the end of memory stick swapping? Let us only hope. Should this be true, expect another groundbreaking PSP 1.5 hack tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for more details as this story progresses.

Thanks to Scott for the heads up!

http://putoamo.addr.com/kxploit-full-demo-psp-dev.avi

some concerns;

The one thing that has me worried is at the beginning of the video, they don't show the whole PSP.

At first boot up, they might be swapping memory sticks to load the first homebrew and after that no swapping is needed unless you power off the PSP. After you turn the unit off then it needs the first swap again, which wouldn't be too bad as long as you don't need to swap after putting it into sleep mode.

Remember, they fooled us all with the first videos that didn't show swapping. Hopefully I'm wrong, but they could be doing it again.

I don't believe that they've *specifically* announced a "non-swap" just a "better" one (please correct em if i'm wrong. If they have come out and stated that it will be nopn-swap, i will jump for joy!) given that PSP-Dev came through on the first hack, yet took us all by suprise because I don't think anyone expected there to be any swapping involved in the exploit. whcih kinda leads me to believe that this new hack will be "better" but not EXACTLY what people were hoping for (i.e. no-swap-what-so-ever-hack).

PS2NFO;

PaWsTick, CybBlade, and Killer-x from the PsP-Dev Team who released SwaPloit v1.50 last week have now let the world know in THIS Forum thread that tomorrow (06-22-2005, 12:00 GMT+2 Spanish Time) they plan to release a final version of their v1.50 PSP firmware "homebrew" launcher entitled KXploit! This version will NOT require two Memory Sticks nor any swapping we're told, so it may indeed be the FINAL solution many v1.50 PSP owners have been seeking! More details will be posted as they are available, and for up-to-the-minute action we invite everyone to join us on EFnet #PS2Ownz of course!

all we can do is wait till tomorrow :o

i'm wondering will it have the option to change to other emulators or will it be one by one.

586097435[/snapback]

Im guessing the loader will be the eboot and it will be directly linked to the data.pbp....but thats just a guess.

we in ny get it at 6am! woot.

Edited by Alpha2004

Good thing there's a swapless one coming... I lost my 32mb yesterday :(

586097454[/snapback]

I found one yesterday. :wacko:

Thanks, In a way.

guide for playing wolfenstein 3d on peee esssse peeee

Alright, here we go.

things you will need:

Download wintex 4.3:

http://download.filefront.com/7986;9658b1a...0d76147231b4c45

Extract it to lets say : Wintex43 folder

download wolfendoom spear of destiny for example

http://www.3ddownloads.com/showfile.php3?file_id=7291

extract the wad to the wintex folder

------------------------------------------------------------------

now, download doom2.wad (this can be found in the following file):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18BWKXSM

its in this directory: Doom-Pack1\DOOM-PSP\GAMES

extract the doom 2 wad to the wintext folder

or, try out this FREE doom 2 iwad, which is easier to download, and extract it to wintex foler etc..:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freedoo....3.zip?download (untested with this though)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Run wintext. At the current game, press doom2 and select the file (it should be in the windex directory...doom2.wad)

In pwad to join, select spear.wad, or whatever its called

Now click merge in Iwad

Say ok to all the errors etc.

When its done, copy doom 2 to your doom-psp folder and play wolfenstein

You can also play half life with this method, but its buggy

Note: If the wad you want to join is for doom 1, then make sure you merge it with doom1

I believe final fantasy is a doom1 mod.

merge.jpg

why do people continue to doubt these guys? i would say, from all of the psp website forums that i browse, 75%+ of the people were screaming "fake!" when they announced the first one. now why would they be lying about this one? people are so cynical....

can't wait til tomorrow.

ico set info

paint text made with my new graphire drawing pad :)

5 year old version 1 though..it was a gift.

post-63991-1119394361.jpg

Edited by Alpha2004

i wanto import a psp from Lik-Sang (im in the UK) and i was wondering if say i ordered it next week it would be a 1.5 firmware version? or is that version the latest out or something?

hey, for PSPGenesis .12b, can you save games? i don't see any options except for render: cell or line (whats the diff?) and CPU speed 222 or 333. am i missing something?

hmm, this one IS buggy, isn't it? upon pressing the home button, then yes, it just froze and crashed the psp, turning it off.

Does anyone know if they;re working on 1.51? My stupid brother updated the PSP :@

I know there's 1.52 out now but I'm sure if anything they'll hack that last.

lol, why bother with 1.51 when 1.52 is out. ;)

586099567[/snapback]

Cause 1.50 is hacked, and 1.51 might be easier to hack than 1.52.

Both were security updates. I'm sure 1.52 is a lot harder.

*hopes 1.51 gets cracked* lol

It sucks you can't go back to 1.50 :angry:

Unless you can and I don't know about this... :huh:

:wacko:

hey, for PSPGenesis .12b, can you save games?? i don't see any options except for render: cell or line (whats the diff?) and CPU speed 222 or 333.? am i missing something?

hmm, this one IS buggy, isn't it?? upon pressing the home button, then yes, it just froze and crashed the psp, turning it off.

586099551[/snapback]

No saving games as far as im aware.

.11 was the best.

.12b is more compatible (games like sonic 3 now run)

.12b is slower than .11

.12b render mode to cell seems to cause more crashes than line mode

.11 played mk3u decently

.12b plays it less decently

I am upset. But, one must sacrifice performance for compatability, I guess