Choose the best internet browser:  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best internet browser:

• Safari
    • Netscape
    • Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Other

Firefox + Adblock. If Safari had a good Adblocker I would use Safari and drop Firefox.

586534024[/snapback]

That's my combination too. Safari has got some good ad-blockers out there (PithHelmet) - the thing with that is that it kept on resetting the window position of Safari :crazy:

Radish?

I use mainly Firefox Deer park (that's 1.5b, right?) mostly, but still I don't trust it enough to be my default browser. otherwise I use Camino (but it lacks many ot FF's features like extensions) or Safari. Safari works icely but I dunno, I've been using FF for over a year, so I'm used to it and I like it. I'll agree that it feel's a little more sluggish than it's Windows counterpart though (once you enable turbo mode and modify the pipelines it works like a charm... or two maybe)

I use mainly Firefox Deer park (that's 1.5b, right?) mostly, but still I don't trust it enough to be my default browser. otherwise I use Camino (but it lacks many ot FF's features like extensions) or Safari. Safari works icely but I dunno, I've been using FF for over a year, so I'm used to it and I like it. I'll agree that it feel's a little more sluggish than it's Windows counterpart though (once you enable turbo mode and modify the pipelines it works like a charm... or two maybe)

586534675[/snapback]

Turbo mode? :o

Radish?

Turbo mode:o:o

Yup. I don't know how it does it, but this setting makes FF fly (or something of the like):yes:s:

type about:config in the addressbar, filter turbo and enable the setting.

I have recently sold my Powerbook and got myself a PC (so that I can run some software needed for my classes) and I must say, Firefox on PC is a lot faster than the Mac version. Aside from speed, Firefox (Mac) seems to have some bugs too. For example, using the Ad-block extension somehow makes it impossible to view any videos from cnn.com (it just wouldn't connect), while the Windows version doesn't not have such a problem.

i think i have commented in this thread b4 and said safari.. but i must say since it went 10.4.2 i have found it very unstable and it crashes probably 2 times a day for me in the few hours i use it. it seems so random also

i think i have commented in this thread b4 and said safari.. but i must say since it went 10.4.2 i have found it very unstable and it crashes probably 2 times a day for me in the few hours i use it.  it seems so random also

586542944[/snapback]

I can't say I experience those problems. I use Safari frequently but it almost never crashes.

Camino is nice, but I found it to be a little feature-less. And Firefox still kind of sucks on macs.

SO my vote goes for Safari, but I actually prefer Shiira to it, but too lazy to download again. :p

• 3 months later...

I'm using Safari as my primary browser and Camino as a secondary one.

Camino has come a long way but it still has a lot of gui problems and doesn't use Aqua to it's full potential like Safari does. Can someone recommend me some good Camino optimization tweaks or sites?

Edited by Neowave