359 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best internet browser:

• Safari
    • Netscape
    • Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Other

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I just noticed btw that Neowin's main page displays some bugs when rendering it with Camino. After a few news items the "comment" buttons are out of sync with the background.

post-128385-1135292260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neowave

I Don't like Shiira, maybe when more development has gone into it I'll use it.

I personally prefer Safari with Saft. I find that Safari scrolls the smoothest with my PowerBook's two-finger scrolling which I love so much I don't even like using a mouse anymore.

I Don't like Shiira, maybe when more development has gone into it I'll use it.

I personally prefer Safari with Saft. I find that Safari scrolls the smoothest with my PowerBook's two-finger scrolling which I love so much I don't even like using a mouse anymore.

Have you seen the new 1.2 release? They implemented RSS support similar to Safari's, and a whole bunch of other WebKit features. I think it still needs a little work but its come a huge way in a short time, and Tab Expos? is an amazing feature that I'd love to see implemented into Safari.

Sure you know, that you can customize it to look whatever you want. Just like every other browser. :rolleyes:

Todays browsers should fit in with Mac OS X 10.4 by default. Most elements from iCab still originate from 10.1 including those Aqua tabs which can't be easily replaced. The toolbar icons aren't replaceable in the way you would expect them to be in Mac OS X either. The package contents of iCab.app is everything but standard.

I suggest you keep that " :rolleyes: " to yourself.

Edited by Neowave

Is Safari in Tiger much better than it is in Panther, aside from RSS support?

Big time, yes! It's the only web browser on Earth that renders the Second Acid Test successfully and most web sites can be viewed flawlessly. But still, it's recommended to have Firefox in case you run into a site that doesn't work right in Safari.

Todays browsers should fit in with Mac OS X 10.4 by default. Most elements from iCab still originate from 10.1 including those Aqua tabs which can't be easily replaced. The toolbar icons aren't replaceable in the way you would expect them to be in Mac OS X either. The package contents of iCab.app is everything but standard.

I suggest you keep that " :rolleyes: " to yourself.

Hey, if you don't like it, it's ok.

You can customize the tool bar icons and look of the browser. There are plenty of other web sites that show you how to customize iCab. More than what they show you in their main page.

You probably don't like it because the customization might not look the same way as your favorite browser do. But there is more than looks in a browser.

I think iCab has potential. They have come a long way since they started. They just released another beta update the other day! :p

Hey, if you don't like it, it's ok.

Thanks.

You probably don't like it because the customization might not look the same way as your favorite browser do. But there is more than looks in a browser.

And yeah of course there's more to a browser than it's looks, the thing is I want both and iCab doesn't offer that in my opinion. Plus I really don't feel like hunting down special iCab theme files or hex editing the application to get rid of those Mac OS X 10.0 tabs. ;)

Since checking out this thread a second time, I've started using the latest Shiira. So far, I like it. It seems to be a bit snappier than Safari. Though, I wish it showed the number of unread entries in the RSS shortcuts on the bookmarks bar like Safari does. Other than that, it's an excellent browser.

Since checking out this thread a second time, I've started using the latest Shiira. So far, I like it. It seems to be a bit snappier than Safari. Though, I wish it showed the number of unread entries in the RSS shortcuts on the bookmarks bar like Safari does. Other than that, it's an excellent browser.

I'd agree. Shiira is an excellent package and with v1.2, it seems so much better. It is my default browser and it works well with those iritating WYSIWYG editors that come with CMSes. Certainly a good browser which has a lot of potential.

I chose Firefox because its what I used in Windows and was used to. I don't really like Safari that much, although is not much different. I am really picky about change... although it didn't take much to go from Windows to OS X :p

Safari on some, Firefox on others.

Safari's support on large HTML pages blows big chunks. For example... our email server @ work, Communigate has a log feature and I use it to errors customers may be experiencing. Trying it do it from Safari would look it up, which is just no good. Do it with Firefox and the 100mb file just loads up fine.