• 3.Johnny Unitas
    • 4.Dan Marino
    • 5.Brett Favre
    • 6.Terry Bradshaw
    • 7.roger staubach
    • 8.Steve Young
    • 9.Dan Fouts
    • 10.Other

Lets not forget about Ryan Leaf himself.  *The* biggest disappointment in NFL history, I should add.

586103536[/snapback]

Damn. I forgot about him.

How about Rick Mirer? :p

Leaf has his own friggen wing in the Hall of Disappointment. They had to build an add-on for his worthless butt.

I vote Elway, w/ Montana a close second.

I still believe Leaf surpassed Mirer in the Hall of Disappointment.

586103562[/snapback]

Eli Manning its on his way, give him a chance :laugh:

In 10 years Im going to comeback to say "Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB ever"

I hope...

Eli Manning its on his way, give him a chance :laugh:

586103572[/snapback]

As much as I hope so, lets hope it doesn't backfire on you ;)

As much as I hope so, lets hope it doesn't backfire on you ;)

586103595[/snapback]

I was partially joking. I am sure he its going to get a lot better, but he is already marked because:

1.- He had the highest hype for a rookie I can remember in years

2.- Roethlisberger just ridiculized him.

Lets not be mistaken, Eli must feel stupid for not wanting to be with the Chargers. Talking about the Chargers, I must say Brees had one of the best comeback years in recent times.

I was partially joking. I am sure he its going to get a lot better, but he is already marked because:

1.- He had the highest hype for a rookie I can remember in years

2.- Roethlisberger just ridiculized him.

586103599[/snapback]

Yeah I'm not sure he'll live up to the hype but I don't see him pulling a Ryan Leaf. Near the end of his rookie season he started to GET it. I don't remeber Leaf ever getting it. If he could turn out to be three-quarters of what his brother is (adding a Super Bowl) then I'd be more than thrilled. Plus last year he had no one to throw the ball to. Jeremy (butterfingers) Shockey and Amani (falls off the face of the earth after a Pro-Bowl season) Toomer aren't a great receiving corps to have.

And o yeah, my pick was Montana. Three Super Bowl MVPs, four rings, orchestrating the drive against Cincinnati in SB XXIII, throwing "The Catch." Plus, he could've probably had another SB title in XXV if Leonard Marshall of my Giants hadn't knocked him out of the NFC Championship game.

Edited by bigbluepride35

Being the best QB doesn't mean you must have a ring... You team could be really bad, and that is no reflection of your skills...  He does have the record for having the most records you know.. Had he had some better players around him, he would prolly have a few rings.  Gotta admire him for sticking it out as long as he did!  My vote goes to Dan Marino!

(SC)Dan_Marino_Photo.jpg

586103451[/snapback]

(Y)

American Football is a very team oriented game. A players greatness shouldnt be detracted because his team never won a championship.

Dan Marino, easily.

but marino CHOKED every SB! compare his regular season stats with his stats in the SB. good team or not, he wasn't able to sustain what he did during the regular season.

if marino had played as well in the SB as he did during the regular season, then ok, blame it on the team or something.

but at this point, i don't think marino deserves to be on the all-time greatest list. marino is 2nd tier.

Superbowl XXXVII Winner: Tampa Bay. No good RB

Superbowl XXXVI Winner: New England. No good RB at that time

Superbowl XXIX Winner: 49ers. Horrid RB at that time (Wasnt Garrison "Irregular" Hearts their RB at that time?)

586103428[/snapback]

In XXIX (1995), then it was Ricky Watters, who had only < 1000yds rushing, but had >700 yds receiving, so all in all he wasn't that unproductive. Also, 1996 GB Packers didn't have a rusher over 1000 yds either.

Lets not be mistaken, Eli must feel stupid for not wanting to be with the Chargers.  Talking about the Chargers, I must say Brees had one of the best comeback years in recent times.

586103613[/snapback]

Actually he should be glad he didn't go there, since Brees took off liek he did he'd definately be riding the pine for a while.

My vote is to Montana. Stats and Championships back it up. A QB is and should be rated by their teams performance in the big games. It is part of his job to inspire and lead those guys out there. Marino was great, but not the best. I'd even take Steve Young over Marino.

Actually he should be glad he didn't go there, since Brees took off liek he did he'd definately be riding the pine for a while.

586104027[/snapback]

Most likely, he would've been the starting QB on opening day, so I'm sure he still feels a little awkward.

Most likely, he would've been the starting QB on opening day, so I'm sure he still feels a little awkward.

586104368[/snapback]

That's assuming San Diego wouldn't have taken so long to get the contract done. That's a big assumption to make with them lol. They kind of have a history of not dealing with contract negotiations with draft picks that well.

Bottom line: San Diego did the right thing...until they gave Rivers that huge contract.

586106475[/snapback]

San diego are safe for at least 4 seasons.

Superbowl XXIX Winner: 49ers. Horrid RB at that time (Wasnt Garrison "Irregular" Hearts their RB at that time?)

586103428[/snapback]

It was Ricky Watters (who was hardly horrid, in my opinion). That season the 49ers also ran the ball alot with fullback William Floyd, so Watters would easily have had 1,000 yards and over 10 TDs rushing. I think that 1994 49ers team is quite possibly one of the best teams ever assembled.

My vote is for Joe Montana as well, but I would love to see the type of career Steve Young would have had if he didn't spend all those seasons sitting behind Joe.

At the time I started to watch football, Young and Aikman were the top 2 QBs in the NFL. I voted for Young since I'm a 9ers fan. Montana did a lot for the 9ers, but I didn't see it, I only read about it.

It was Ricky Watters (who was hardly horrid, in my opinion). That season the 49ers also ran the ball alot with fullback William Floyd, so Watters would easily have had 1,000 yards and over 10 TDs rushing. I think that 1994 49ers team is quite possibly one of the best teams ever assembled. 

My vote is for Joe Montana as well, but I would love to see the type of career Steve Young would have had if he didn't spend all those seasons sitting behind Joe.

586106933[/snapback]

For me there is no better team than the 90's cowboys. Aikaman + Emmit + Irvin = Godlike team.

but marino CHOKED every SB!  compare his regular season stats with his stats in the SB.  good team or not, he wasn't able to sustain what he did during the regular season. 

if marino had played as well in the SB as he did during the regular season, then ok, blame it on the team or something.

but at this point, i don't think marino deserves to be on the all-time greatest list.  marino is 2nd tier.

586103671[/snapback]

He only played in one. Stats werent bad either...

29/50 318yds 1 TD 2 INT