• 3.Johnny Unitas
    • 4.Dan Marino
    • 5.Brett Favre
    • 6.Terry Bradshaw
    • 7.roger staubach
    • 8.Steve Young
    • 9.Dan Fouts
    • 10.Other

He only played in one.  Stats werent bad either...

29/50  318yds  1 TD 2 INT

586108852[/snapback]

why did i think he played in more than one?

anyways, stats aren't bad, but consider that he averaged 3TD and 1NT through the regular season...

why did i think he played in more than one? 

anyways, stats aren't bad, but consider that he averaged 3TD and 1NT through the regular season...

586109008[/snapback]

Say it again. He chocked.

Thats why Peyton Manning its getting so many Marino comparissions.

A good team will beat a good QB.

A QB cant make a team win a SB

the QB's Job is to run the Plays(Pass the football only), and run the offence

to say rings make a Great QB is wrong but that QB will be remember.

marino wont run 20 yards a game or make a play contune. but he did pass it hard and fast were his WR can catch it. He aslo released the ball very fast to not get sack.

0 chapionships=the team is bad(could have 1 great player)(Barry sanders, Tim brown, and many others)

3 chapionships=a great team SF, Dal, Bal, Pit and others(a back up QB could win 3 chapionship with 4 teams playing 10 year and having less then 2000 yards pass).

29/50  318yds  1 TD 2 INT

i dont know about that game.

so let me talk about another game

When the raiders played TB, R.Gannon had 3 ints under 2 mins to make a play to win a chapionship. Also under the 2min i saw T.brown and J rice dropped balls to make big runs after the catch. and he throw some balls away. that is like 15 incomplates.

Why is Terry Bradshaw even on the list? Sure, he won 4 Super Bowls, but what qb couldn't with their D. He only had 3 or 4 seasons (out of 14) where he had more TDs than interceptions, and managed to break 3000 yards twice. Hell, Steve Grogan was a better quarterback all around if you look at pass completion, interceptions, etc. The only difference was Grogan didn't have the Steal Curtain to play with. Still no clue why Bradshaw is in the Hall.

Montana pretty easily. The guy was the man

A good team will beat a good QB.

A QB cant make a team win a SB

the QB's Job is to run the Plays(Pass the football only), and run the offence

to say rings make a Great QB is wrong but that QB will be remember.

marino wont run 20 yards a game or make a play contune. but he did pass it hard and fast were his WR can catch it. He aslo released the ball very fast to not get sack.

0 chapionships=the team is bad(could have 1 great player)(Barry sanders, Tim brown, and many others)

3 chapionships=a great team SF, Dal, Bal, Pit and others(a back up QB could win 3 chapionship with 4 teams playing 10 year and having less then 2000 yards pass).

586110839[/snapback]

A QB can definitely make a team win the SB. I give you Doug Williams....Tom Brady.....Steve Young...

Each of those teams would be ringless if they were hurt before the SB. Marino was a great QB, but he was too one-dimentional. He couldn't play-fake to save his life.

I blame a lot of Marino's lack of SB rings on his team, though. He had a mediocre WR corps at best....and never had a decent RB. Team management by above is who Marino should be blaming on his lack of a SB

A QB can definitely make a team win the SB. I give you Doug Williams....Tom Brady.....Steve Young...

so Tom brady,doug williams, and steve young didnt have a good team. Steve young didnt have a great WR?

so Tom brady,doug williams, and steve young didnt have a good team. Steve young didnt have a great WR?

586115677[/snapback]

They were on a team that wouldn't have won the SB without them.

Young, TBH shouldn't have even been in the SB has Barry Switzer not called the plays from his butt on the sidelines in the NFC Championship game in '94.

They were on a team that wouldn't have won the SB without them.

Young, TBH shouldn't have even been in the SB has Barry Switzer not called the plays from his butt on the sidelines in the NFC Championship game in '94.

If each of these teams had Dan Marino they would have won it. and i bet you they would have won the game in the 3rd.

If each of these players had any Dolphens D with Dan marino and his RBs they would have not make it.

the NFL is a team game. in the NBA you could win with a good player. MLB win with a good pitcher.

586131432[/snapback]

Why did it take Clemens so long to win a ring then? In the MLB today you need more than one stud pitcher. In the palyoffs he can only get you MAYBE three games in a series and that menas he HAS to win all three. And the Yankee staffs of the late 90s (before Clemens came) didn' really have much of a star pitcher. Nor did the Angels. Arizona had TWO and they needed BOTH of them plus they got fortunate and beat Rivera. And in the NBA, I think only Jordan did that. Kobe won't win unless they pick someone up. LeBron isn't doing anything in Cleveland with that team. New England doesn't have any future Hall of Famers on their roster except maybe for Brady if he continues this way. Granted, I still think he's the exception to the rule. Generally I'd agree that in the NFL you need a good team (obviously the Patriots are) but I'd have to agree I don't see them winning 3 out of 4 without him. Just like I didn't see the Bulls winning 6 out of 8 without Jordan (again the exception). The NBA today, with new defenses won't allow a single superstar to carry a team withou help. I don't really think any sport can anymore. Defenses have caught up to the few exceptional stars and elarned how to coantain them and amke others beat them.

That's my opinion anyway.

I can't really pick a top QB, would like to say Marino but without a ring it's hard. My underdog pick would have to be Young and I think my best would be a tie between Montana and Favre.

i will give you the base ball thing but you see my point. i didnt mean a good player can win a chaptionship but make the playoffs and kobe is not that good he is what i call a team raper. Shaq tolk the magic to the finals with avg. players. a good team dont need a hall of fame player but a good team. like in evey sport Defence wins chapionship(but have a hard time winning games any starting QB can win a game when the game is 3-3 and he has the ball at the 50 with 3 timeouts in the 4th with 1:min to go