[New Car] Hypoxiaicon

I spy with my little eye an ecotek valve, is it doing any good? I happen to like the mods, it's not chavved up at all. it's all performance mods or tasteful so.... Suppose that's all opinion though.

Its not chavved up at all.

Everything is tasteful. I hate gash body kits.

If you compared a standard Punto to mine you'd fine it hard to find the mods, why? Because mine are subtle.

The Ecotek on my car made it slightly more responsive, cant comment on MPG yet though, I wouldnt say it was worth it on a 1.2 8v punto though, I got mine cheap @ ?30 from ebay but I wouldnt buy one new for ?80+

uh..what's the little white peg thing on top of the strut tower?

They are like sleeves that protect the bolt from corrosion as far as im aware, always been there, only took it off when I lowered my car

• 9 months later...

Yeah it looks nice congratulations, but my friend had nothing but trouble with his punto. Five years old, new breaks, new clutch, new alternator (the RAC were called on that one), new fan belt, two new lights and a HUGE headache.

I hope you have better luck, his was second hand but only had 30,000 miles on the clock (and it needed a new clutch!! I ask you) still though I'm not painting yours with the same brush, good luck

A clutch can go at any time for a number of reasons. The bearings went on my VW clutch after 10k miles. Luckilly got a good swap-out/replacement that day.

But the major fault with Punto's is the exhausts.