[olympics] London will host 2012 games

yep, london won the finals against paris and will host the 2012 games

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/06/spo...06olywinner.php

credits to The_Decryptor for finding a newssource.

what's your impressions/comments on this?

edit: if you got more and better sources fell free to add them.

updated links:

http://tsn.ca/olympics/news_story.asp?id=129726

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/front_page/4655555.stm

Edited by insanekiwi

I watched this live on tv a second ago and IMHO i think that londons presentation clip which they showed was the best on eout of all of them. Im glad we won the bid.

hmm the IOC meeting was in town. didn't get to see any celebrities cause they closed out all the roads. :crazy:

anyway it would be nice to see the olympics in london.

<PimpShiznid|Away> Oh ****, you mean to tell me London hosts 2012? That ruins in.

<PimpShiznid|Away> *it

<PimpShiznid|Away> London in 2012.... *shakes head*. I didn't know we were having the Chav Olympics..

<PimpShiznid|Away> the 100 meter relay would turn into the 100 meter purse snatch.

Didnt think London would get it as it was such a big mountain to climb, but congrats to Londond and the Olympic team :D:D

Well at least we won something for a change lol. BBC site is on a crawl and the london 2012 site has crashed ;) Wonder if we should rent out our spare bedroom lol

Well at least we won something for a change lol. BBC site is on a crawl and the london 2012 site has crashed ;) Wonder if we should rent out our spare bedroom lol

586170562[/snapback]

you do that. i'm sure you'll make a few pounds with that.

didn't France have some issue with their "athletics" stadium? Or was that one of the other countries?

I just heard that they built it more for football (soccer), and not for athletics, which could cause quite a few problems.

:sleep: I don't see how all the news sites are making a big deal about this. It's for 2012 for god's sake! :sleep:

:sleep: I don't see how all the news sites are making a big deal about this.  It's for 2012 for god's sake! :sleep:

586170588[/snapback]

well london will have to build alot of stuff for olympia regarding infrastructrue, stadiums, hotels etc. so if you're not interested why bother posting in here?

Pretty cool, personally I was rooting for Moscow. As if London doesnt have enough immigrants without letting legal aliens in.

/sarcasm.

scientists will find proof that greatbritain will sink by 5inches if all the tourists go there. i'm sure :rofl:

Edited by insanekiwi

well london will have to build alot of stuff for olympia regarding infrastructrue, stadiums, hotels etc. so if you're not interested why bother posting in here?

586170601[/snapback]

Well, considering there has been absolutely no news coverage here in the US about this until this morning. Buy hey congrats London. There, happy?

Well I was not too keen on winning it myself, due to the years of governments allowing the East End to go into ruins, maybe they will regenerate it quicker than normal. I hope they will use that Millennium dome waste of space for something now also.

Just to see that cheesy grin wiped off Chiracs face was enough, he seems to forget we have never hosted an Olympics we have won by an Olympic commitee vote, we hosted 1908 and 1948 due to countries not able to host them, it was our 4th attempt, 2 London, 1 Manchester 1 Birmingham.

France, it was their 3rd attempt.

Come on London, make sure this is better than ever Olympic wise!

Tony Blair is a Businessman, not an Olympic's lover.

I think Blair has cheat !!!

Paris do the maximum for this Olympics games, all the French Sport stars support this Olympics with their hearts.