Free 1GB Web Host

Question

it looks like spooted.com is coming online next monday, they have updated their website, and it looks like they dont require any posting or advertising.

its looking good so far.

Well, if they stay up and perhaps increase the space + bandwidth + have PHP + mod_rewrite + MultiViews + ImageMagick + CPanel + MySql + Email + Domain hosting + Domain transfer + fast servers, I'll go with them for sure, even if they do charge a few bucks for it.

we will never let our server load go higher than 70%.

WTF? It should never go higher than about 10%!

I am interested in finding out if it will actually come out or now. I may just use this to host episodes of Whatever Tech for all I care.

Yeah, but it seems like the only piece of information they DON'T ask for is my SSN. They ask for phone, address, e-mail. I shouldn't have to give my phone number if it's a FREE site.

Also, why do they have a page about billing if it's FREE?

They may offer bigger packages for some money. Most free hosts do that. They need to make money somehow and im sure they will do it through the pay section on the site. I signed up and im waiting for comfirmation still.

They may offer bigger packages for some money. Most free hosts do that. They need to make money somehow and im sure they will do it through the pay section on the site. I signed up and im waiting for comfirmation still.

586376350[/snapback]

No, they don't.

All Spooted.org hosting accounts are free. We offer two packages, a subdomain and a hosted domain package, if you already have your own domain name, you must go with package number two.

yer, they dont offer any pay package's,

We display no advertisments on our members website and do not plan on doing so in the future. Funding is a major factor at Spooted.org, we are run completely from donations from our members

They run completly from donations, lol

Tim