IRC Channel for Neowin?

24 members have voted

1. 1. IRC Channel for Neowin?

• Sure! It's a great idea!
    • No. Bad idea... :
    • I don't know! Leave me alone! Don't use IRC.

...to be honest, I'm really not that continuously active on the net to really run an irc channel. We've got a newborn, and well...I'm lazy, I guess. I just thought it'd be cool to chill w/ some of you guys whenever I get a free moment. :)

Originally posted by use_imagination

why don't you start it yourself ?

i just did #neowin on PTNET since i see that some portuguese ppl comes to the boards

BTW - My nick is the same as here

because there is no point of having 15 differen't irc channels for neowin :/

We used to have chat integrated in this board but it wasn't all that great really

Originally posted by use_imagination

hey Redmak, how do you do that "now playing..." in your sig ?

It's a combination of a winamp plugin and a small php script. (answered your pm :))

Originally posted by Redmak

We used to have chat integrated in this board but it wasn't all that great really

i liked it :l

I started an IRC channel for Neowin on irc.enterthegame.com I had asked erlier about this and found out this has happened before:) But I thought it would be nice for the community to be able to hang out and chat live. If you are not familiar with IRC then you can find out more hereMiRC and if you are experienced and would like mirc to look a little better a good addon is Fractal as it will make irc look like this because it has a built in theme genorator called MTS.

To connect to the server connect to irc.enterthegame.com port 6667 and join #neowin

Hope to see you guys there.

Originally posted by username

there already is an official (at least i think) one

#neowin on the undernet

I can't join it, you sure it still there?

Originally posted by username

there already is an official (at least i think) one

#neowin on the undernet

I see you are correct... I honestly couldn't find that information anywhere. I saw another network and connected but no one was there.

By the way just to clarify. Neobond is the decider here. I wasn't aware they may be other neowin channels. Just looking for a permanent irc channel. In the channel has been some discussion on another network. I put it on enterthegame.net because of the gamers who associate with this board but its neobonds channel:) He just doesn't know it yet. So if it need moving its cool. I just wanted people who were interested to be involved in a single channel. Thanks.

ha!

somebody knows their place!

This has been discussed many times guys; some argue that it cant be moderated hence we cant really put our official name to it; some argue that we have a bboard for discussion why do you want chat...

i doubt it will happen- but if you get it working im sure youll get a few visitors!