IRC Channel for Neowin?

24 members have voted

1. 1. IRC Channel for Neowin?

• Sure! It's a great idea!
    • No. Bad idea... :
    • I don't know! Leave me alone! Don't use IRC.

That would be great if it could be leafed and those leafs dont crash. Otherwise you end up with one ircd and it goes down and that would be bad. If we could get an ircd setup that would be nice. But we know how much it would take and that would be a couple of people with a fairly nice pipe and leafed.

Originally posted by Jafo

irc.enterthegame.com

#neowin

You know where I stand ;)

irc.openprojects.net

#neowin

much easier to maintain, many services available, but the network might be pretty unknown here.

well how about this, there are 11 people here on tha irc.enterthegame.com sever so how many in the other, we'll just bring it all together..

It would be alright if even one of the mods was on it at all... :(

But I do think that if the community would have a possitive vote for this, the mods won't object. Right? :p

oh geeze, there's tons of people on that irc.enterthegame.com server already so let's just make it one and we all go there. If there's more anywhere else we'll pack up and go there but as of now i don't see that happeneing.

#neowin

well the linkbot is back, and people start to like irc.openprojects.net. although you can still just go to irc.enterthegame.com of course :) the chans are linked. the linkbot is a bit annoying though.

Hey guys! i set up a irc channel for neowin gamers. check it out! get mirc at www.mirc.com then install it then launch it. when connected, type in /server irc.undergroundcandy.net then when connected, type /join #GamersHangout please come check it out and stay too. talk about any game you want or just idle there! meet you there!

seeing as how everyone is having problems trying to get onto the enterthegame network. try using the openprojects.net

/server irc.openprojects.net

/join #neowin

even undernet is linked again :) as long as the bot doesn't get disconnected from the server of course. it'll try to auto-rejoin but that doesn't seem to work out too well on undernet for some reason. OPN greets you with a special treat though ;)

hmm what the hell!

* Now talking in #neowin

* Topic is '.: Welcome to Neowin.net IRC Channel! .:. https://www.neowin.net'

* Set by ChanServ on Fri Jun 28 07:24:00

#neowin wI-OSMAN- @jafo|waway +ilm|zzZzz +lbot +bigmoose-bed @ChanServ

#neowin End of /NAMES list.

-

pretty small

Originally posted by wI-OSMAN-

hmm what the hell!

* Now talking in #neowin

* Topic is '.: Welcome to Neowin.net IRC Channel! .:. https://www.neowin.net'

* Set by ChanServ on Fri Jun 28 07:24:00

#neowin wI-OSMAN- @jafo|waway +ilm|zzZzz +lbot +bigmoose-bed @ChanServ

#neowin End of /NAMES list.

-

pretty small

What do you expect? It will be small anyway because not everyone will want to join an irc channel while they have a message board to convey their ideas.

there used to be more people online... besides, how is it supposed to grow when everyone joins, says "bah it's too small" and leaves immediately without saying a word?