IRC Channel for Neowin?

24 members have voted

1. 1. IRC Channel for Neowin?

• Sure! It's a great idea!
    • No. Bad idea... :
    • I don't know! Leave me alone! Don't use IRC.

i would love to chat in "real time" (lag dangit.. ) i would prefer the enterthegame server because 2cpu is there and i dont' have to have two clients open or two servers.. its much eaiser.. lol

ur opionion man.. remember.. message boards u can always come back to.. like right now.. say dazza ain't in a irc chan.. then whats he gonna do. NOTHING.. but here he does't have to be here but later on he can come and see whats been happeneing..

I think it's a great idea having an IRC channel over here. :)

But, wouldn't that be smarter to have the channel over a big network? Like EFnet, dalnet or Quakenet?

I suppose most of you guys are hanging over QuakeNet, so let's do it over there. :)

six people at the same time, yes. most people just joined, saw that there were only a few people and left immediately, afraid they had to actually talk ;)

the problem with a neowin chat room is that whenever one is created, the idea goes downhill within a few hrs-days, its happened a dozen times b4, but it needs to stay in a permanent spot, n advertised alot in ppls sigs n have a thread thats at the top of the general discussion page telling everyone to go to the room

n me n someone else once made a neowin on msn chat a while back n it went downhill from there...

i agree there needs to be one, and it needs to be advertised and such

ive been in a few but there were only a small handful of users in there, so i diddnt care to stay

i reckon it needs to be in a popular network, my faves are undernet, criten.net or efnet, probly efnet would be the best choice

Originally posted by bigmoose

ive been in a few but there were only a small handful of users in there, so i diddnt care to stay

That's what everyone does. How are the chans supposed to get more users if that constantly happens?

i reckon it needs to be in a popular network, my faves are undernet, criten.net or efnet, probly efnet would be the best choice

efnet is horrible imo. at least make sure you have a chanserv, a nickserv would also be nice. my favorite is still OPN (irc.openprojects.net) since it has a very mature ChanServ and NickServ with lots of options.

Originally posted by username

there already is an official (at least i think) one

#neowin on the undernet

Just clearing one thing up.

There is no official neowin IRC channel, if one is ever made official (please don't ask about it) then one of the staff will inform everyone.

Originally posted by aco

Just clearing one thing up.

There is no official neowin IRC channel, if one is ever made official (please don't ask about it) then one of the staff will inform everyone.

Still didn't get it.

What's the problem in having an official Neowin IRC channel? :ermm:

I think it's a great idea.

I know a lot of boards that have an IRC channel, and they all work out great.

It's a nice idea to have a living chat and a forum.

Think about it.

Edit: I'll make a poll, and we'll see if the people over here want an IRC channel at all.. :p

This is the continue of the thread that was posted before in the General Discussion forum.

So, do you even want an IRC channel for Neowin? Or are we waisting our time in here? :p

Originally posted by T-Man

Still didn't get it.

What's the problem in having an official Neowin IRC channel? :ermm:

I think it's a great idea.

I know a lot of boards that have an IRC channel, and they all work out great.

It's a nice idea to have a living chat and a forum.

Think about it.

Edit: I'll make a poll, and we'll see if the people over here want an IRC channel at all.. :p

There's no need for the "official" bit imo. Once a channel was up and running successfully for some time it might become the "official" one, but you don't need that right from the beginning.

Understood on the right, but I had messaged neobond three days ago and no reply back. I also messaged another admin no reply back. I also asked in in the forum and no one seemed to have a problem with it and some suggested it too be a good idea. I have no problem relinqushing all authority of the channel or moving it on consensus to somewhere else. To me, even though I created the channel its neobonds channel. I would just transfer ownership over when asked. Im not power hungry I just wanted a place where we could all hang out especially for those interested or whom use irc constantly. The channel is monitored as well as possible. The only rules so far are don't spam, don't disrespect anyone and no warez. Not that it need enforcing but just to say it is monitored until we either come to a conclusion on IRC or not. I didn't mean to step on anyones toes and don't belive I have becasue from the beginning it has been stated at anytime neobond or anyone he appoints can gain ownership of the channel or make the final decision and I will comply fully. The right for me to create a channel I don't see a problem with, the right to own the channel I do and it isn't my channel... it's yours controled by neobond at any time and basically just watched by me and shared with eveyone until then.

ok ok.. so which one are we gonna all decide to go to... someone tell me right this minute or something. Let's just make one decision and stick to it. Which server?

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

ok ok.. so which one are we gonna all decide to go to... someone tell me right this minute or something. Let's just make one decision and stick to it. Which server?

irc.enterthegame.com

#neowin

It is free of warez, it is moderated by chanserv and is a good network. It's been arround since the advent of quake and is mostly a gaming clan server, so with the the clan in neowin I belive it fits. People may argue it but thats where it is now. Untill I here from someone higher:) Thats the channel 7-12 of us have made home.