[rel] VistaXP Visual Style

Yay for the radio buttons, not too sure on the titlebar text though. I really liked what you had going on with the glow, I wonder what it'd look like but with just a little less glow and different colour text, the text looks rather flat compared to the normal version. This is just nit picking really, it's a top, top quality port :D

Thanks everyone :)

Yay for the radio buttons, not too sure on the titlebar text though. I really liked what you had going on with the glow, I wonder what it'd look like but with just a little less glow and different colour text, the text looks rather flat compared to the normal version. This is just nit picking really, it's a top, top quality port :D

586233563[/snapback]

Hmmm I'll see how it look with less glow and try other colors but I dont promise anything.

Thanks everyone :)

Hmmm I'll see how it look with less glow and try other colors but I dont promise anything.

586233839[/snapback]

Can KoL or anyone who knows tell me how to get ahold of one of those sweet flag avatars [KoL has the Puerto Rico one]? I want to show off my Jamaican colours, but I don't know where to download them. Thanks so much for any help.

Can KoL or anyone who knows tell me how to get ahold of one of those sweet flag avatars [KoL has the Puerto Rico one]? I want to show off my Jamaican colours, but I don't know where to download them. Thanks so much for any help.

586234064[/snapback]

KoL's DeviantArt Page

KoL's flag icons can be found there :)

Looks really good but in the screenshot on page 1 of this thread it shows a mac monitor for the My Computer icon, this is meant to be Longhorn not Mac :p

Perhaps this is just a personal preference thing, but is it possible to make the glow on the text for the active titlebar a little more subtle, it seems quite hard to read for me. Fantastic theme though, love the caption buttons as well, I've no idea how you done it, looks excellent though.

586230637[/snapback]

I agree, I tried it out on my Windows box and it really is hard to read.

As already stated earlier I think by bangbang23, I have the same opinion stating this is the first LH/aero or any related theme that I like

thanks kol (Y)

damn...I gotta say this is probebly the FIRST Longhorn skin I will keep on using...very great work and I'm really digging the glowing color for the Minimize, Maxmize and Close button..:D

Looks really good but in the screenshot on page 1 of this thread it shows a mac monitor for the My Computer icon, this is meant to be Longhorn not Mac :p

586234087[/snapback]

Those are the icons that Im using. I dont care if they are Mac, I love them. :D

KoL, I was just wondering if you are working on any toolbar icons y'z dock or similar? Awesome, awesome theme, i'm in love.

586234162[/snapback]

No, maybe later but not now.

I dont see anything wrong. All the toolbar is blue. except the inactive elements.

The original titlebar color is not light grey, is transparent (when the transparency is not applied I think is black or dark grey) and the title bar text is blue not maroon.

586230001[/snapback]

Sorry, don't know where I got maroon from, lol.

Anyway, I thought the titlebar was transparent in a silver like that in the previous build if you don't use DWM transparency. :huh:

It looks pretty silverish to me, just semitransparent.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Longhorn:

lh9vc.jpg

Your VS with 30% transparency:

vs8fr.jpg

Another way I can see it is that the white halo around the title bar text melds into the title bar background color in Longhorn, which seems to tell the title bar background is pretty close to white. Actually, the 3D face color in your VS seems far closer to the actual thing to me now that it turned 30% transparent too, only too blue (which it should be), but the brightness seems about right.

Edited by Jugalator

pff, just checked it. kol's is way better.

586227780[/snapback]

kol's isnt the actual theme. the actual beta 1 theme doesnt carry the glass into the windows. thats only for DWM, and I feel that its rather off-putting when black-glass is used in a theme

Ill stick with Jemaho's real interpretation of the beta1 theme :)

??? since when?

586226887[/snapback]

The segoeUI theme is on my *legit* XP CD :)

Well it's obviously not *legit* since it doesn't come on any XP CD unless you've made a custom one. But then that's not what we're talking about and you know it.

sogoeUI comes with XP??? i dont think thats right. MS made the font when they started on LH.

Btw, kol, can you make a silver/white version of your theme?

thanks in advance.

really good work. better than jemaho

586234286[/snapback]

:no: Except for the taskbar and startmenu, those 2 vs have nothing to be compared, like KoL or me have already stated here,... :no:

Very very cool theme. Been here a few times before and grabbed some themes but never posted.. ;/

Question is, you mention you use Mac Icons, could you paste a link to the ones your using? they look very cool. Thanks ;)

:no: Except for the taskbar and startmenu, those 2 vs have nothing to be compared, like KoL or me have already stated here,... :no:

586235717[/snapback]

AND KoL's version doesn't have a black toolbar + has more choices for fonts + more readable menus. On the other hand, in my opinion, Jemaho's taskbar looks much better.