[rel] VistaXP Visual Style

Thanks for your nice comments guys :)

Sorry, don't know where I got maroon from, lol.

Anyway, I thought the titlebar was transparent in a silver like that in the previous build if you don't use DWM transparency.  :huh:

It looks pretty silverish to me, just semitransparent.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Longhorn:

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/4417/lh9vc.jpg

Your VS with 30% transparency:

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/3797/vs8fr.jpg

Another way I can see it is that the white halo around the title bar text melds into the title bar background color in Longhorn, which seems to tell the title bar background is pretty close to white. Actually, the 3D face color in your VS seems far closer to the actual thing to me now that it turned 30% transparent too, only too blue (which it should be), but the brightness seems about right.

586235482[/snapback]

sogoeUI comes with XP??? i dont think thats right. MS made the font when they started on LH.

Btw, kol, can you make a silver/white version of your theme?

thanks in advance.

586235588[/snapback]

Yesterday I was thinking to create a Silver version.

I'll work on a mock up and post a preview soon :)

Very very cool theme. Been here a few times before and grabbed some themes but never posted.. ;/

Question is, you mention you use Mac Icons, could you paste a link to the ones your using? they look very cool. Thanks ;)

586236177[/snapback]

Great stuff! Now all I need is the icons. Any idea where I can get them?

586236193[/snapback]

The Icons are MINIUM from www.rad-e8.com

Common guys this is not a competition. Jemaho did a great job with his theme. Both themes are well done. We know that we cant please everyone; some people like my theme better than his theme and some people like his theme more than mine. Its a matter of preference. I think is better that we stop comparing both themes and work with the themers to make the themes better. Like people are doing in both thread, posting bugs and suggestions. :)

...and talking about suggestion here is a mock up of the silver version. Remember big border is for WindowBlinds version (if I fix the caption buttons problem)

lhsilver4pf.th.jpg

now all i need are good longhornish msn skins , windows media player skins & firefox skins ............man you made me turn to aero from aqua

Well it's obviously not *legit* since it doesn't come on any XP CD unless you've made a custom one. But then that's not what we're talking about and you know it.

586235533[/snapback]

ahhahha yea you have a point

I just realized that my windows installation killed the c:\windows folder as thats what I had to do to fix my dead windows installation (docs@settings and program files folders are untouched)

wait... the fonts folder is IN c:\windows, right? see, now im really confused as the font is there from first-run :blink: mind telling me how it got there on a fresh windows installation off of a 300 dollar holographic XP CD? I think a virus must've put it there...

edit: its an SP2 CD which, mind you, was made after the font was made. its no shock to me if the font was added on the sp2 CD

Common guys this is not a competition. Jemaho did a great job with his theme. Both themes are well done. We know that we cant please everyone; some people like my theme better than his theme and some people like his theme more than mine. Its a matter of preference. I think is better that we stop comparing both themes and work with the themers to make the themes better. Like people are doing in both thread, posting bugs and suggestions. :)

...and talking about suggestion here is a mock up of the silver version. Remember big border is for WindowBlinds version (if I fix the caption buttons problem)

lhsilver4pf.th.jpg

586236977[/snapback]

Ahhhh. A silver toolbar background is way better than the ugly blue background :x

lhsilver4pf.th.jpg

586236977[/snapback]

KoL I must say the silver one is quite impressive... :D

Still wondering about those icons ;)

586237195[/snapback]

Check first post. :D

Silver mockup rocks the boat.

586237259[/snapback]

Thanks my friend :)

kol, please go back to the idea of the mockup version!

the mockup looks 10x better!

sorry

586237494[/snapback]

The images are the same except the borders. Is not possible to create those borders for msstyles.

The silver looks great! That would definitly be a theme I'd use.

Well I am already using the current version, but the silver version does look a bit nicer.

very impressive kol!

thanks for the theme

can i make a suggestion too?

Silver background is great, but Black Pearl is the best!!! (like the used on 4071)

the black colors from start menu buttom :)

like this:

dirty7eq.th.jpg

is possible a 5203 theme in black pearl colors?

thanks for attention :rofl:

Silver version?:yes::

586237487[/snapback]

Looks great, but could you also make a version with the black taskbar? I would like to have a theme that resembles 5203 as closely as possible (like you current black version). But since transparent borders arent possible, the closest to that would be grey.

Maybe something to consider?

edit: are you also planning on making a toolbar for styler to which looks like the new ie7 (http://www.tweakers.net/ext/f/62147/full.png)? Would be great too:yes::

Silver version  :yes:

586237487[/snapback]

Wow. The titlebar's pretty slick. :happy: