[CRICKET] Ashes 2005 Thread

man i remember watching the entire ashes last time and it was sooo boring. australia just crippled them, wasn't even a point to watching. But there was one man who stood out.. his batting elegance and defiance of aussie attack was quite awe-inspiring. Right then i knew that man would be something more... it was michael vaughan =)

i think this is the most anticipated ashes ever... the rivalry is approaching the level of india/pak (i said approaching =P). too bad i can't get it live here in canada, but i'll be looking for some feeds/recordings wherever possible!

Australia - 176/6 :o

edit1: Two more wickets down in succession. 178/8

edit2: Australia bowled out, brits must be real happy.

Australia - 190

Langer - 40 | Warne - 28

Harmison - 5/43 | Jones - 2/48

Edited by jerry

McGrath gobbles up Trescothick first ball after Tea, his 500th wicket.

England - 10/1

edit: McGrath strikes again, Strauss perishes in slips.

England - 11/2

edit: McGrath strikes again, Vaughan bowled.

England - 18/3

edit: McGrath on fire, Bell bowled. (played on)

England - 19/4

Very tense match going on guys. :cool:

Edited by jerry

England 94 - 7 or something like that. Last ball of the day and Giles gets out! England are in trouble but Keven Pierterson is still there!

england being on a high after bowling australia out for 190 and then finishing the day on 92/7. great bowling spell first up by mcgrath, it was really good to watch and he showed everyone how to bowl on that pitch especially england who bowled way short for most of the australian innings. i don't think england will get too many more runs tomorrow unless pietersen goes mental which is a possibility.

i can hear the questions being raised about the pitch already.

England were bowled out for 155, Pietersen getting his half century and becoming the top scorer in the first innings.

Australia started off well in their second innings and were almost in the drivers seat at 255/3 but the English bowlers struck 4 crucial blows in the final session. Match evenly poised as of now. The pitch has eased considerably as predicted, it is easy batting on the 3rd and 4th days. IMO, Warne will be the biggest factor when England will bat.

What do you mean the contest is now even? If you look at the statistics, England have only successfully completed a run chase this big four times in history. And Australia are still batting. It will be very difficult for England to win this match from this point on.

What do you mean the contest is now even?  If you look at the statistics, England have only successfully completed a run chase this big four times in history.  And Australia are still batting.  It will be very difficult for England to win this match from this point on.

586253933[/snapback]

Tomorrow is the 3rd day, plenty of time to get runs. Also batting is now easier as echoed by all players, commentators. One big partnership is enough to chase 350 down.

england's catching was pathetic, mind you so was their batting apart from pieterson. i don't know what the hype was about seems pretty much the same as the other ashes series.

Second Test started today. Australia won the toss put England in. Trescothick smashed the Aussie bowlers all round the park, then two quick wickets by Kasprowicz changed the momentum. Now Pietersen & Flintoff are mauling the Aussie bowlers, playing at a more aggressive run rate than the Aussies. Interesting match nonetheless.

England 240/4 in 46 overs

Trescothick 90 (102)

Pietersen 31* (37)

Flintoff 29* (28)