Problem with New Nvidia Vista Drivers

:crazy: Out of all the computers in the world it seems the new 32bit Vista drivers dont work correctly with my card. The enable the glass effects fine, but Vista will only allow the resolution to be 640x480. When I change the res the desktop stretchs off screen, so all I can see is the top left hand corner. Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas on how to fix this? I have a gigabyte 6800gt. :p

i take it your running  Vista  32bit  and  i dont reconize them drivers  the latest on nvidias site are  77. somthing

586295890[/snapback]

Yea they are the vista drivers. Its weird because all the people that I have read post from who have 6800gt dont have this problem. Ive tried a clean driver install and os install but I get the same results.

is working fine on my fx5200 the only problem i have is when i raise the refresh rate windows acts funny

ill see what i can come up with on my brothers system and see if i can help you out

he have the same card as you and doesnt have ny problems

Yea they are the vista drivers. Its weird because all the people that I have read post from who have 6800gt dont have this problem. Ive tried a clean driver install and os install but I get the same results.

586295906[/snapback]

I have a 6600GT and I have the same problem as you. I wanna use the glass so bad!!

I have a 6600GT and I have the same problem as you. I wanna use the glass so bad!!

586296203[/snapback]

Ditto; BFG 6600 GTOC 128Mb AGP - it's almost like having the physical desktop resolution set at 640 x 480 and a virtual desktop set to 800 x 600, but with no way of scrolling the virtual desktop.

It's a shame, 'cos with the new nVidia drivers I can see some of the Aero Glass effects, and they look very purdy.

Oh well, it was inevitable that there were going to be issues - after all, they're Alpha drivers on an (early) Beta OS!

Ditto; BFG 6600 GTOC 128Mb AGP - it's almost like having the physical desktop resolution set at 640 x 480 and a virtual desktop set to 800 x 600, but with no way of scrolling the virtual desktop.

It's a shame, 'cos with the new nVidia drivers I can see some of the Aero Glass effects, and they look very purdy.

Oh well, it was inevitable that there were going to be issues - after all, they're Alpha drivers on an (early) Beta OS!

586296732[/snapback]

i too have the 6600GT, using the LDDM Alpha drivers from nvidia, and Glass works fine - try installing your monitors guys ;)

Same problem with a 6600GT. Also occurs with a 5700, so there must be somthing dodge with the new LDDM drivers, as opposed to the stock drivers.

Same problem with a 6600GT. Also occurs with a 5700, so there must be somthing dodge with the new LDDM drivers, as opposed to the stock drivers.

586296976[/snapback]

or the cards themselves not liking them... I mean, you can have two identical setups, right down to brands and part numbers, but you cant guarantee both will perform the same

I'm also experiencing the exact same problem with my GF6800NU: the monitor's resolution is 640x480 and shows just the top-left quarter of the desktop. Installing different monitor drivers didn't work, either. The previous non-LDDM nVidia drivers from June worked fine. I'm going to try connecting my monitor to the other VGA port on my graphics card, and see if that helps...

If there's that many people having this problem, I am sure a new one revision would be out as soon as today...i mean...it does say it's alpha build... :D . But I wanna use the Aero Glass...LOOKS SO COOL

lets hope they also add sli support and the control pannel to the new revision :) - if they are making one

Doesnt it seem weird that ATI have made drivers for x86 AND x64 that supports LDDM while nVidia only has x86 and in alpha build that doesnt even have the control panel?

nvidia are acting very n00bish. they need to speed up on the release of thier drivers for beta 1, also include that control pannel, btw i had the same problemwith them, it was stuck in 640*480 or whatever,.... even when i increased the res it stayed the same. :( pretty stupid, the ATi ones worked fine with my 9800

Not wierd no, just a shame, its perfectly acceptable for a company to only just start developing drivers for an operating system which has only just released Beta 1, we will just have to wait a while.

Not wierd no, just a shame, its perfectly acceptable for a company to only just start developing drivers for an operating system which has only just released Beta 1, we will just have to wait a while.

586298306[/snapback]

Tru enough...but we are talking about nVidia, o well...we got a LONG way to go...it's a start at least, plus it's not like the drivers doesnt work for some people

I have the same problem here to running a 6600gt with an Iiyama vision master pro 502, I installed the Iiyama drivers that are included with Vista and they made no difference all I get to see is the top left corner of the screen. Oh well Im sure somebody will find a fix for this soon.

I think it's more about your monitors than the drivers.

These drivers seem to be picky about your monitor inf files.

My 6600GT w/ a Samsung Syncmaster 957MB for example has resolutions beyond 1600x1200.

These drivers don't *universally* have a prob wih 800x600+.

I noticed some of my resolutions went away, but nothing big. I wonder why some aren't listed but it really feels like inf issues or smth like that.

Well its nice to see that im not the only one with this problem. Its a shame nvidia didnt have beta drivers ready by now hopefully will see some thing next week. I guess its back to the non LDDM 6800gt drivers.

I too have this problem and I also came to the conclusion it has to do with the monitor, i spent a good hour and a half trying to work around this and finally gave up and went to the stock LDDM drivers, I have DWM working and my games perform above average.

I will just wait till the next release of the vista drivers ..