Ultra Slow Browsing With IE7 & Firefox?

Ok i've tried many things (including turning of the firewall, changing all the settings etc) but websites don't seem to load EXCEPT google.com and cisco.com. Anything else like bt.co.uk or bbc.co.uk times out and dosn't load. The ethernet is an onboard one, but I could try using my PCI one, don't think it will make much difference. I think Vista is also crashing my router, anyone else getting that problem?

OK I think i've got a bit further with this one.

It seems that the DNS resolution is a bit buggey.

If say in a cmd I type >ping www.bbc.co.uk it cannot resolve it, however

if I do a NSlookup and then type in www.bbc.co.uk it works straight off...

More importantly is that as soon as I have done the NSLOOKUP on the url it works fine with ping and IE/FireFox.

Wierd!!!!

I think they may be a bug/compatibility issues with routers and DNS. Try switching your DNS servers to a more generic free one like

This worked for me! Did it work for you?

Ill try that tomoz atm iam too peed off with it to do anything. If that dosn't work throwing out the window might resolve some issues... with my stress levels

Hi all, loving vista not even bothered going back onto xp for a few days now only nagging thing is the mega slow internet browsing with IE7, front page of neowin takes about 30seconds to load. Firefox is alot faster but when u open a few tabs the whole thing grinds to a halt like im on 56k again

Pages load fast for me. I have a nforce chipset, but with dual LAN so one was realtek, which included drivers that were in windows, the other one was nvidia and it didn't work till I installed nforce drivers.

But still, before and after installing the nforce netowrok drivers, things loaded fast for me.

Im behind a router and dont remember if I have windows firewall enabled or not.