• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Latest build of Jaguar...

Dazzla    5

Some more info from Jaguar, the latest release of OS X. These screenshots showing off some of the Ink features being implemented as well as some other nice little touches.

Jaguar will ship with four levels of antialiasing, or font smoothing: Strong, Medium (best for Flat Panel), Light, and Standard (best for CRT).

Additionally, support for subpixel rendering on LCDs is very apparent. It makes a huge difference. Less tearing, and a bit less ghosting. It's getting better." Additionally, this improves gameplay on LCDs.

The view options of the Finder have an interesting new addition, called "show item info." This displays information under file and folder names, in small blue text. For folders, this is the number of items in a folder. For hard drives, it is the total and free disk space, and for MP3s, it can be ID3 tags.

In the Internet preferences pane, the new iDisk tab displays the amount of free iDisk space, and even has a button to purchase more space. It also allows you to easily set the access privileges for your public folder.

Packet Decoder is a new Bluetooth app included with Jaguar, but few specific details are known.

Network Startup is now an option in the Startup Disk preferences pane.

Finally, Mac Help has been completely revamped in newer builds, and includes lots of new documentation for Jaguar, including a "what's new" section.

Now, some images ;) :

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

Dazzla    5

...and some more images, damn image limit :china:

9.gif

10.jpg

11.gif

12.gif

13.gif

14.gif

15.gif

Screenshots showing the 4 different types of text smoothing. In the order Standard - best for CRT, Light, Medium - best for Flat Panel, Strong:

screen6.png

Timan    556

tile view! i like!

cerbero    0

Why did you post these?? Now I want my Mac even more badly :D

I hope 10.2 will be out by the time I buy it.

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by cerbero

Why did you post these?? Now I want my Mac even more badly :D

I hope 10.2 will be out by the time I buy it.

"Late summer" is the official word, but knowig Steve Jobs, that will be end of August, early September. Possibly the last official day of summer.

I'm quite happy to be trying out the beta builds though. Reminds me of the Win XP beta's :p

cerbero    0
Originally posted by Dazzla

"Late summer" is the official word, but knowig Steve Jobs, that will be end of August, early September. Possibly the last official day of summer.

I'm quite happy to be trying out the beta builds though. Reminds me of the Win XP beta's :p

Should be about the right time then..

freeza    11

look sweeeeeet

FlyerXL    0

Sweet, your right Dazzla, Mac Help has been completely revamped, about time :p

freeza    11

why the hell does apple insist on using I in front of everything they create lately?

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by freeza

why the hell does apple insist on using I in front of everything they create lately?

Yeah, like iChat, umm.. err.. what else new?

I know they've got iMovie, iTunes etc etc and I guess it's a slogan now. Kinda like a seal of quality if you will :D , you're not really going to get a bad iApp.

freeza    11

oh ok lol

does the I mean anything?

purush    0

Wow ! I have a strong urge to switch to Mac. I have had one sometime back, wasn't anything like this. It's beautiful with bright and pretty icons. The icon for address book is so realistic. If only I had the cash ? Lucky you, you seem to have the best of both worlds. Mac is out of this world most certainly. Mr Jobs could sell his stuff by the millions if he brings down the price.

Tim Dorr    0

w00t.

damn, i'm getting an iMac in the fall and this is what I have to look forward to! I'm going CRAZY!! :pirate: :china: :pirate: :china: :pirate: :china: :knocked-o

Gator    0

CRAZY!? I'm going crazy making myself wait until after MWNY to order my iBook!:devious: :)

Zerosignull    290

if we have 10.1 already will we have to pay for 10.2?

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by Zerosignull

if we have 10.1 already will we have to pay for 10.2?

Nothing has been mentioned of this yet. It will either be free, a $20 CD (free download) or a full price upgrade i.e. $99.

The Free download/$20 CD option is looking the most likely.

There is also the people who have bought OS X retail and have free upgrade vouchers, no-one knows where they stand.

I guess we're going to have to wait until nearer the time.

Tesseract    0

nice job dazzla! ;)

on the comparision where you show the four different types of font smoothing, they all look the same to me. i am on a CRT, BTW.

Silvorgold    1

nice ;)

a friend of mine was asking if i wanted a copy of jaguar

Dazzla    5
Originally posted by codyg11

nice job dazzla! ;)

on the comparision where you show the four different types of font smoothing, they all look the same to me. i am on a CRT, BTW.

Doesn't make a difference, it isn't smoothing the fonts before your eyes. it's a screenshot of it so you should be able to see a difference.

Zerosignull    290

im looking at that iNk thing for jag and im wondering if it alows maouse gestures in the os like in Opera and Mozilla?

Silvorgold    1

oh ok lol

/me thinks Interactive or something to do with the internet

Dazzla    5

oh ok lol

INCREDIBLE

:rolleyes:

BroChaos    1

god, why does this own XP? i want a mac so bad. hopefull no blind xp zealots are going to read this :p:ninja:

Tesseract    0

idiotic j/k :D :D

Zerosignull    290

Originally i was suposed to be for internet as the iMac was designed for inet use. Now though i think its just a brand name like a mark of quality or a suite of products ....