Ordered! 12" 100gb PB....!

well.......now i am not getting my PB :( :( :(

i emailed them twice then rang them today, as i had a confirmation from them saying they'd shipped it, but no-one had gotten back to me regarding the possible error in having a combo drive instead of superdrive.....

so.....she has cancelled the order (i think) so that cancels the applecare, ipod mini, and the PB.  then when i get back from hols in a weeks time or so, i'll put the order through again as a new order and make sure they do it EXACTLY right!

586345334[/snapback]

excellent, the woman on the phone lied, and did in fact send me the order that she told me she cancelled.

Canceling an order and stopping shipping are two completely different things. If you already received the shipping confirmation then there was no way to stop the delivery, despite the fact that your order was canceled. Now, if she said, "I have canceled your order and it won't be delivered" then she didn't know what she was talking about and you were completely misled.

so, they replied and (mostly) apologised tho there were excuses at some points, hinting i misunderstood what i was told, or that i should've contacted them sooner, or by phone instead of email first
Yep, what they said. Now about their goodwill gesture: a discount or a free accessory is pretty gracious in my opinion, considering there were some things that you complained about that were not under their control (i.e delivery; TNT pickup after notification).
actually i'm being a drama queen (again) it really isn't that bad at all... but still.

Yep, what you said. But I suppose that is understandable . . . temptation is hard to resist :whistle:

I've had positive experiences with Apple, but then again I order online. I've only ordered through the phone once for a computer and that was through Dell way back in the day. Good luck with your next order and make sure you know everything you want.

Canceling an order and stopping shipping are two completely different things. If you already received the shipping confirmation then there was no way to stop the delivery, despite the fact that your order was canceled. Now, if she said, "I have canceled your order and it won't be delivered" then she didn't know what she was talking about and you were completely misled.

Yep, what they said. Now about their goodwill gesture: a discount or a free accessory is pretty gracious in my opinion, considering there were some things that you complained about that were not under their control (i.e delivery; TNT pickup after notification).

Yep, what you said. But I suppose that is understandable . . . temptation is hard to resist  :whistle:

I've had positive experiences with Apple, but then again I order online. I've only ordered through the phone once for a computer and that was through Dell way back in the day. Good luck with your next order and make sure you know everything you want.

586439178[/snapback]

well, ok, again all your opinions! like i (think i) said, the thing that irked me most was the woman on the phone who lied - she did, she didn't misunderstand or anything, i asked several times over, and she kept saying, don't worry, you won't receive the order, i said are u sure, cos its been despatched, no that's not a problem she said, seeing as we made the error we can catch it now and stop it being sent to you. i wouldn't have gotten angry or even complained, if it wasn't really for this step in the whole process. i don't mind misunderstandings, and yes it would've been quicker for me to just ring them, but maybe i just didnt think quickly enough - both ends are guilty of that! difference is however, i didn't lie to them.

and i'll stop myself before i go on and on, as i will go on forever lol.

anyway i will let you all know if/when it comes! even though my friend just bought an Intel M (i think?!) powered laptop for ?1000 with dual processor thing (apparently?) so it runs a something like 3.4Ghz because it has 1.7Ghz on each one (was a bit tipsy but sounds bout right from what i remember he said), even tho he has just got that for less than i paid for mine, and with more than double processor speed, i'm still glad i chose Apple over a windows based laptop anyday!!

well, ok, again all your opinions! like i (think i) said, the thing that irked me most was the woman on the phone who lied - she did, she didn't misunderstand or anything, i asked several times over, and she kept saying, don't worry, you won't receive the order, i said are u sure, cos its been despatched, no that's not a problem she said, seeing as we made the error we can catch it now and stop it being sent to you.  i wouldn't have gotten angry or even complained, if it wasn't really for this step in the whole process. i don't mind misunderstandings, and yes it would've been quicker for me to just ring them, but maybe i just didnt think quickly enough - both ends are guilty of that! difference is however, i didn't lie to them.

and i'll stop myself before i go on and on, as i will go on forever lol. 

anyway i will let you all know if/when it comes!  even though my friend just bought an Intel M (i think?!) powered laptop for ?1000 with dual processor thing (apparently?) so it runs a something like 3.4Ghz because it has 1.7Ghz on each one (was a bit tipsy but sounds bout right from what i remember he said),  even tho he has just got that for less than i paid for mine, and with more than double processor speed, i'm still glad i chose Apple over a windows based laptop anyday!!

586443097[/snapback]

Until you understand what I told you is not my "opinion" but fact you will not understand what I am trying to say. And until you stop changing your story I am going to give Apple the benefit of the doubt (that's my opinion btw).

Until you understand what I told you is not my "opinion" but fact you will not understand what I am trying to say. And until you stop changing your story I am going to give Apple the benefit of the doubt (that's my opinion btw).

586448153[/snapback]

............ :cry:

yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!!!! obviously i must not have a brain attached, as i do not "understand" anything...... i'm so hurt, i might just run under a stone and hide forever, because you don't think i understand and u don't believe me, my feelings are so hurt......

anyway,give Apple the benefit of the doubt all u wish, Sir!! because, it does not really matter either way, if u take my side or theirs, however you want to put it... does not affect the situation at all.

so, back to the important stuff!!!

UPDATE: apple website says everything is still being processed - "processing order", for each part of my order. i wait with fingers crossed!! well done to all those that have just bought Apples!!! seems to be quite a few on the forum who have just purchased, so congrats - and i shall be joining u all soon, very very soon, as an Apple owner :D

hey dailyplanet, customer is always right and if you or apple dont like it, you can blow it out your #$#@ :) thank you.

586448581[/snapback]

i of course agree with this lo!

seriously tho, if Apple truuuuuuuuuuuuly thought they'd done nothing wrong here, and in other cases, would they offer something to the customer for free? they are a company, not a charity...... i am sensing their guilty conscience by their offer, me thinks.........?!

i of course agree with this lo! 

seriously tho, if Apple truuuuuuuuuuuuly thought they'd done nothing wrong here, and in other cases, would they offer something to the customer for free?  they are a company, not a charity......  i am sensing their guilty conscience by their offer, me thinks.........?!

586448590[/snapback]

Working in retail (@ a Kinko's), I can tell it doesn't work quite like that. I/we are often forced to give up discounts or refunds due to "bad copies" which almost always are due to the customer's inhability to read directions CLEARLY posted and/or ask for help. In this cases we refund the customer out of image more than guilt. (otherwise the customer can always call the corporate offices, make our life impossible and get the refund anyway)

Working in retail (@ a Kinko's), I can tell it doesn't work quite like that. I/we are often forced to give up discounts or refunds due to "bad copies" which almost always are due to the customer's inhability to read directions CLEARLY posted and/or ask for help. In this cases we refund the customer out of image more than guilt. (otherwise the customer can always call the corporate offices, make our life impossible and get the refund anyway)

586449769[/snapback]

yeah you're right of course, cos rather subdue someone with a small price rather than have their complaints cause the whole company to suffer, if they go to the big boss and cause a huge fuss.

i emailed them twice then rang them today, as i had a confirmation from them saying they'd shipped it, but no-one had gotten back to me regarding the possible error in having a combo drive instead of superdrive.....

so.....she has cancelled the order (i think) so that cancels the applecare, ipod mini, and the PB.

The only reason i think i have to be ENTIRELY mad at Apple, the other stuff just annoyed me etc, was a woman from Apple lying down the phone to me, outright, saying, "i've just cancelled your order and it won't be delivered". did she? no. then why say it?! just to get me off the phone? pretty poor i think.
like i (think i) said, the thing that irked me most was the woman on the phone who lied - she did, she didn't misunderstand or anything, i asked several times over, and she kept saying, don't worry, you won't receive the order, i said are u sure, cos its been despatched, no that's not a problem she said, seeing as we made the error we can catch it now and stop it being sent to you.

Any other variations on your story? I am merely trying to tell you that canceling an order is not the same as canceling its delivery. I don't know who screwed up but either way you both were misled. I'm sorry that this "hurts your feelings." Under similar circumstances I would have known better than to believe the lady, but that's because I've had more experience with phone and online orders. Either way, hope you like your new mac.

seriously tho, if Apple truuuuuuuuuuuuly thought they'd done nothing wrong here, and in other cases, would they offer something to the customer for free? they are a company, not a charity...... i am sensing their guilty conscience by their offer, me thinks.........?!

They are a company and they have to make up for (some) of their dumb employee's mistakes.

And just for future reference, it's ma'am, not sir, though I would prefer not to be called by either ;)

Iconboy: I thought we were past the terrible twos . . . :sleep:

Any other variations on your story? I am merely trying to tell you that canceling an order is not the same as canceling its delivery. I don't know who screwed up but either way you both were misled. I'm sorry that this "hurts your feelings." Under similar circumstances I would have known better than to believe the lady, but that's because I've had more experience with phone and online orders. Either way, hope you like your new mac.

They are a company and they have to make up for (some) of their dumb employee's mistakes.

And just for future reference, it's ma'am, not sir, though I would prefer not to be called by either?;))

Iconboy: I thought we were past the terrible twos . . .?:sleep:p:

586450306[/snapback]

ok, regarding "changing my story", sorry if it appears i did this - i don't necessarily write it all down exactly right or use the same phrasing etc or mention it all each time. so, for this confusion, i am sorry for not explaining it correctly.

and also, sorry for calling u sir, i was also incorrectly labelled as male when i came onto the forum and was not happy, so sorry about that!

and i also hope i like my new mac:D:D lol, how long have u been using one for? ppl still keep trying to convince me i've made a mistake in ordering one, but i reckon if it works like it is said to, it will be a godsend!!!

Edited by laura7112

ok, regarding "changing my story", sorry if it appears i did this - i don't necessarily write it all down exactly right or use the same phrasing etc or mention it all each time.  so, for this confusion, i am sorry for not explaining it correctly.

and also, sorry for calling u sir, i was also incorrectly labelled as male when i came onto the forum and was not happy, so sorry about that!

and i also hope i like my new mac  :D  lol, how long have u been using one for?  ppl still keep trying to convince me i've made a mistake in ordering one, but i reckon if it works like it is said to, it will be a godsend!!!

586450367[/snapback]

Laura,

It's perfectly ok to not repeat your story verbatim. If she really did assure you that you would not receive the package and you double checked with her, then she was giving you the run-around. I'm sorry if I appeared harsh, I was just under the impression that she told you the order was canceled and nothing more.

NP with the gender issue either; I thought my sig would clear that up but apparently not haha.

I've been using a Mac for less than a year. I got it around January of this year. It was the greatest move I've made. Don't worry, you won't regret it :D Hope your order is problem-free this time around so you can stop being Mac-deprived :p

Laura,

It's perfectly ok to not repeat your story verbatim. If she really did assure you that you would not receive the package and you double checked with her, then she was giving you the run-around. I'm sorry if I appeared harsh, I was just under the impression that she told you the order was canceled and nothing more.

NP with the gender issue either; I thought my sig would clear that up but apparently not haha.

I've been using a Mac for less than a year. I got it around January of this year. It was the greatest move I've made. Don't worry, you won't regret it  :D  Hope your order is problem-free this time around so you can stop being Mac-deprived  :p

586450820[/snapback]

i am most definitely feeling mac deprived of late, especially after i decided to "switch". using the internet on my PC, i must check system resources every five mins or so to ensure they remain just above 50% otherwise they spiral downwards from there immediately and freeze the system. or sometimes, just randomly at 70 or 80% free. fair enough this is a fairly old PC, and it *is* Win98 )s.e tho........!) but even my sis's laptop which is a year or less old. it is running like treacle i think personally, though she doesnt, and it reaaaaally feels unbearable to use!!

still waiting for an email to say part of the order has been shipped, they had to change my printer even tho the one they were gonna send is still on website etc, maybe stocking problem?! but added a week to the exp. shipping date, so rang and immediately spoke to someone helpful which was nice!! they're going to ship the order separately - as soon as something is ready they will ship it out, individual items she reckoned!! now, this is great, but i can see myself jumping up and down, and opening a box to find.........my printer cable, or just my.......AppleCare!!