What are you playing?

• 2 months later...
On 23/10/2023 at 01:58, margrave said:

Loving Starfield. I'm on NG+2

I'm actually in the middle of my first NG+ on that, I decided to put it down and play some other stuff until the next few updates drop, specially the first expansion this year.  Once that's out I'll finish up my NG+ and then I'll start NG+2 with the new expansion ready to go.

I finished Sea of Stars and I'm on my 3rd NG+ for Lies of P.  Once I'm done with that I'll look for something else, heck I might go back and grab the CP2077 expansion and play that.    I really don't want to start it all over though but with all the changes they did I feel like I have to.

Finally got around to playing Firewatch after a Steam sale dropped. So far, I can understand the love for this game. Also playing a lot of DayZ lately.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had death stranding in my backlog since I got it for free and finally decided to play it.  The story is interesting and it plays good but I seriously lost interest in doing many of the side orders halfway through the game.  I now find myself wanting to move things along faster so I can get it over with. 

As much good as it has going for it, it's padded to the brim with repetitive quests that get boring quick. 

I'm going to do whatever story orders are left so I can get this over with.  It's a 8/10 at best if I had to give it a score. 

Picked up Persona 3 Reload over the weekend. Really enjoying it. They added a lot of the enhancements and refinements from 5.

On 13/02/2024 at 10:05, George P said:

I had death stranding in my backlog since I got it for free and finally decided to play it.  The story is interesting and it plays good but I seriously lost interest in doing many of the side orders halfway through the game.  I now find myself wanting to move things along faster so I can get it over with. 

As much good as it has going for it, it's padded to the brim with repetitive quests that get boring quick. 

I'm going to do whatever story orders are left so I can get this over with.  It's a 8/10 at best if I had to give it a score. 

I thought it was a fantastic game, I recommend building all the roads and your zip line network asap if you haven't already.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Tales of Arise on my XSX, don't know what I'll be jumping into next I'll have to look at my backlog but I'm currently traveling so it'll be a few days. 

Helldivers 2 and my typical World of Warcraft addiction (for nearly 20 years last year since beta started)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been swapping between Elder Scrolls Online & DayZ.

I have been swapping between Power Wash Sim, Crisis Core remake, and Unicorn Overlord.

I'm trying to get into Rimworld thanks to some friends harping on about it. But it's pretty complex so I'm struggling to find the time to properly sit down with it.

I also picked up Inscryption the other day. I loved Pony Island, so I'm looking forward to a similar mind-bending, fourth wall breaking experience... :laugh:

I got a confirmation email this morning that my new laptop is being prepared, so when that gets here I'll be looking into picking up Helldivers 2.

On 02/04/2024 at 05:57, SnoopZ said:

I'm giving A Plague Tale: Innocence ago on PS5.

How is it? I could not last past first 1.5 hours in both games, but it happened to other good games and I eventually pushed through and got into it - I wonder it this will also be the case here.

(I am talking both plague games - both I tried and both could not enjoy enough not to drop)

I am playing rise of Ronin - not too bad but far less impressive that I hoped it would be - fell for hype this time - still fun but I would have skipped it if I knew how the experience would be and consider it on sale in a year or so

On 03/04/2024 at 08:37, E.Worm Jimmy said:

How is it? I could not last past first 1.5 hours in both games, but it happened to other good games and I eventually pushed through and got into it - I wonder it this will also be the case here.

(I am talking both plague games - both I tried and both could not enjoy enough not to drop)

I am playing rise of Ronin - not too bad but far less impressive that I hoped it would be - fell for hype this time - still fun but I would have skipped it if I knew how the experience would be and consider it on sale in a year or so

After playing the last 3 Tomb Raider games back to back and Platinuming 2 of them I needed something relaxing and so far it's doing its task and it's showcasing the PS5 on my top of the range mini led TV image wise which TR didn't do so I'm chilling with it while off work this week.

Edited by SnoopZ
  • Like 1

Been playing Resident Evil Village on my Steam Deck the past few days.  It has actually been running quite good.  Even docked at 1080p with HDR enabled and medium to high settings the game mostly holds between 40-60 fps with occasional dips into the 30s if you're looking at a wide open area.  Obviously in handheld mode it stays locked at 60, or seems like it does anyway.  I've been really enjoying it.

download.thumb.jpeg.6bb770c9e63aeb8a71d9f40a340f5a0c.jpeg

On 03/04/2024 at 08:37, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Really enjoyed it, it's a bit grimm but I'm glad I didn't pass it up only 2 chapters left before I go back for the trophy clean up.

• Like 1

Back on the Hell Let Loose train these past few weeks, as I hadn't played in almost 2 years. A lot has changed.. some for good, others not so much.

Currently Avatar frontiers of Pandora PC (very buggy, crashes quite a lot and requires the switching out of game files to even get it running for more than 30 seconds at a time) - fun but wouldn't buy it for PC given my time again!

Alan Wake 2 (PC) - looks awesome, quite fun but frustrating so can't play for huge sessions at a time!

Callisto Protocol on PS5, enjoying it but can't play when the kids are around!

Finally Diablo 4 (PC) as it is now on Gamepass, I'm a few hours in and it's nice but not my normal style of game, I'll give it a bit longer but I'm not sure this one is for me!

When I get time, I play Diablo 4.  When I don't I'm usually playing something on my phone.