Telewest Broadband Announces Speed Boost

It is infact, Telewest and NTL that are merging, NTL has caps I think and Telewest customers are worried about the introduction of caps which would seriously **** me off, I love Telewest the way it is, and NO CAPS RULE

I got 1mb connection at the moment, so I should have 4mb soon :D

THANKS FOR THE GREAT NEWS (Y)  *does a strange dance*

586360775[/snapback]

I'm an NTL customer, and I'm worried about having to pay ?10 extra per month.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'M HAPPY VERY HAPPY!

I have been a loyal customer to Telewest and recently I have been giving them some stick because everyone else has moved onwards and upwards but this news is terrific. I think I might pay the extra ?10 for 10MBiT But then again 4mb is very nice indeed.

GREAT NEWS!! :DD :DD :DD

:punk::

What are the upload speeds? 250kbs? Or are they faster now?

586365296[/snapback]

''Upstream will be increased to 256K for the new 2Mb service and 384K for the others'' Not amazing, but considering I do far more downloading than uploading it's all good :)

''Upstream will be increased to 256K for the new 2Mb service and 384K for the others'' Not amazing, but considering I do far more downloading than uploading it's all good :)

586365302[/snapback]

Oh that's pretty decent, it's better than what I'm on at the moment which is 128kb.

(I didn't see that in the main topic I was too excited I had to post :p)

ahhh yess. I just wonder who'll be the first region to get it, I hope they don't make it a long process doing each region. I'm in merseyside we have a very big Telewest customer base so I'm hoping we get it pretty quickly. I'm so happy about this. haha!

Here's a thought....

I'm not sure about the Webstar modems but I'm pretty sure the Motorola Surfboard modems (3100/4100/4200) that Telewest used to provide won't support anything near 10Mb. Aww, I don't want mine replaced. It's been a reliable companion over the years.

586360652[/snapback]

According to another forum the 4100 CAN support it as the ethernet port supports 100mbps, but it will not be able to do no more than 12mbps if you are using the USB port (USB1.1=12mbps max).

Cable just owned ADSL, i feel sorry for anyone thats now tied into a 12-month ADSL contract.

Anyone getting their BB via a set-top box better phone up customer services and get it swapped for a modem.

Sorry but cable still sucks in Canada, Quebec depending on the residentual nodes and how many houses are using it up to the next node. I got screwed into the 6mbps, only to find out 19 people using it on the block and the best time for downloads or even uploads or gaming without jacking was from 3 am to 7am. Sad thing is it was when the uncapped it finnaly from the extreme folks. Then found out Sympatico was uncapping so I went back.

With speeds like that in Europe you would think they would eventually improve speeds in my area (midwest usa), but if you thought that, your probably wrong. Will will be lucky to get speeds like that by 2008 (if were lucky). Right now I'm stucking pay $30 (give or take a few bucks) for a 45kb/s max download! :no: :no:

I'm still celebrating this!!!

I've been mightly peeved off that likes of UKOnline saying the maximum I could

receive from them is 4MB (as i live 0.5km further from the exchange..)

The words i'm looking for rhyme with "clucking bell"

So I signed with Telewest 4MB.. Which has been very very kewl...

But now getting 10MB makes everything soooo much better..

And all those runts who taunted me that they have 8MB with 100Gig caps..

Can burn...

TELEWEST I LOVE YOU.....

I LOVE YOU :woot:

I LOVE YOU :woot:

1.8TB of storage is going be filled in weeks.!

wow i just found out! i was thinking about moving a few weeks back and now i'm glad i didn't. i'm on the 1Mb now so i'll be more than happy to get 4Mb with 384k upstream. thank you blueyonder!

So if they domerge will my speed increase once again im on 2mb with ntl so will i be boosted to 10mb if they merge? hope so i only just upgraded to 2mb aswell lol

• 2 weeks later...

Lads do any of you know if Blueyonder will need to swap out the old Motorolla SB4200 SURFboard cable modems for use on the new 10MB service?

To be honest the only reason I'm asking is that I REALLY REALLY want the newer Motorolla SB5100 cable modem and would upgrade my service to the new 10MB one for a few months if there was a chance of getting the newer modem.

Wondered if any of you guys had contacted Blueyonder and asked for a newer modem in the past and what their reply was?

Thanks for reading :)

Lads do any of you know if Blueyonder will need to swap out the old Motorolla SB4200 SURFboard cable modems for use on the new 10MB service?

To be honest the only reason I'm asking is that I REALLY REALLY want the newer Motorolla SB5100 cable modem and would upgrade my service to the new 10MB one for a few months if there was a chance of getting the newer modem.

Wondered if any of you guys had contacted Blueyonder and asked for a newer modem in the past and what their reply was?

Thanks for reading :)

586410360[/snapback]

the motorolla modems take speeds of up to 14mbit

I went from 2 to 1 mb as I moved home recently, I doubt AOL will give anyone 10mgb, Broadband @ anything below 6mb is really narrow band.

Well I bet the time AOL give us 10mb you will be on 100mb.

My friend just told me about this (I missed the thread) and I'M LEAPING FOR JOY!

I love you Telewest, BEST ISP BEST ISP BEST ISP!!! :D :D :D :D

4Mbit here I come unless I coax mum into 10Mbit. :D :D :D :D

Can't wait, no more lousy 128kbit upload speed either. :D :D

YAAAAY

• 2 weeks later...