Wear your damn cap straight!

If a player want to wear his cap askew then let them, its not hurting anyone. So its not "America's greatest pastime" standards. Paul Lukas and Uni Watch doesnt like it "because it looks so totally stupid", so thats what he thinks. if the players like it then so what, as long as the game goes on no problems.

Is "Uni Watch" some organization or just the name of his online opinion column? If its the second then he need to stop writing in third person like its a big deal. "No, Uni Watch is opposed to the off-center cap for one reason and one reason only: because it looks so totally stupid"

patches_1930.jpg

i like that pic the best

Edited by dolimite35

I'm glad that the Yankees have such a strict code. Chacon's hat was actually a little off the first game he pitched for us and now it's much more centered, although still flattened out.

Should be allowed to customize their caps.

I guess they think its the military.

586362225[/snapback]

When you go to a business meeting, you wear a suit and tie. You dress to the level of expectations. These guys are millionaires and also dress appropriately. What they wish to wear off the field is none of my concern, but, on the field, they should be dressed to meet certain expectations.

When you go to a business meeting, you wear a suit and tie. You dress to the level of expectations. These guys are millionaires and also dress appropriately. What they wish to wear off the field is none of my concern, but, on the field, they should be dressed to meet certain expectations.

586362258[/snapback]

Well said!

outside the court/field or whatever you name them, then they can wear whatever eh

Cap Nazi's, who is to say wahts professional and what isnt its a matter of opinion, hell i dont care how they ware it as long as they give me a good game to watch

I don't give a damn how they wear them, if they wanna look dumb, let them...

586362222[/snapback]

Your logic is flawed. there is, or i should say no "set" rules as to how a cap is worn when it was invented.

586362258[/snapback]

Business meetings and baseball games is like comparing apples to oranges.

If that is the case then shouldn't the fans dress "appropiately" to view the game as well?

Hmm I never noticed Cameron wheres his hat askew. I wonder why? Maybe it's becuase I'm usually too occupied watching him make a great play in the field to CARE what his hat looks like. This whole strict interpretation of uniform rules thing (though I don't think there's even a rule about this it's just people complaining) is getting a little out of hand. I remember last year (or the year before) some pitcher (I think he was with the Blue Jays) caused a big stir because his tattoos were distracting hitters so they made him wear a long sleeve on that arm. I mean while we're at it, why are guys like Steve Kline and Craig Biggio allowed to use the headgear they do? Kline's hat is one of the filthiest in the leauge and Biggio's helmet has so much pinetar that the Astros logo is barely visible. As long as they're wearing regulation uniforms I really couldn't care less. I mean would you force a guy to wear his pants long (or short) depending on your attitude towards sitrrups?

Yeah, they're getting paid for it but let's remember it's a game. The guys aren't causing trouble, they're not throwing fits, they're just wering their hats a bit unorthodoxly. They're going out there to get paid and to entertain fans. Last I checked creativity isn't against the rules. In fact, it could add a little spice to a game that can become boring at times (3.5 hour games). I just don't see why this is such a terrible thing. If people are gonna complain about something complain about the increasing amount of body armor guys are wearing to the plate. THey're starting to llok like football players. Or the increasing amounts of "bling." Now that I could understand being disctracting what with the sun reflections and all lol.

Edited by bigbluepride35

If that is the case then shouldn't the fans dress "appropiately" to view the game as well?

586362363[/snapback]

:yes: I agree

586362258[/snapback]

First off, just because they're millionaires (which you don't know for sure, they could spend alot of their money as they get it), doesn't mean they have to "dress appropriately". Secondly, I understand that baseball is their job, but seriously, they're on a baseball field. It's a baseball game, not a fashion show. If he feels more comfortable wearing his hat that way then he should be able to.

586362363[/snapback]

The fans aren't the ones representing an organization. If I were a player or office person with any baseball team, I'd want to know we were all being represented properly. One person's actions can determine how a person views the entire group. There's simply no excuse or legitimate reason for any player (except the main one in the article) to have to wear their hat off center. This isn't a fashion show, this is something they are being paid highly to do. They are professional players and should act as such.

First off, just because they're millionaires (which you don't know for sure, they could spend alot of their money as they get it), doesn't mean they have to "dress appropriately".  Secondly, I understand that baseball is their job, but seriously, they're on a baseball field.  It's a baseball game, not a fashion show.  If he feels more comfortable wearing his hat that way then he should be able to.

586362705[/snapback]

But they don't wear it for comfort, they do it for the look. You did say it's not a fashion show, right?

But they don't wear it for comfort, they do it for the look. You did say it's not a fashion show, right?

586362719[/snapback]

And how do you know this? Have you gon up to them and ask them the reason for them wearing there cap that way? I know i worn my cap sideways or backwards for comfort.

The fans aren't the ones representing an organization. If I were a player or office person with any baseball team, I'd want to know we were all being represented properly. One person's actions can determine how a person views the entire group. There's simply no excuse or legitimate reason for any player (except the main one in the article) to have to wear their hat off center. This isn't a fashion show, this is something they are being paid highly to do. They are professional players and should act as such.

586362715[/snapback]

last time i remember players represented a "sport" not an "organization, there "representation" should show in gameplay not appearance, this is not saying they should go out looking like total bums. but wearing your ball cap off center shouldn't be offensive and "non-representational" isn't the whole point of a game is to have fun? Isn't there better things to worry about? isn't ther a bigger picture to this certain case?

And how do you know this? Have you gon up to them and ask them the reason for them wearing there cap that way? I know i worn my cap sideways or backwards for comfort.

586362729[/snapback]

If it weren't the current trend in hip hop, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's as simple as that and using any other excusesdoesn't cover up the obvious reasoning.

last time i remember players represented a "sport" not an "organization, there "representation" should show in gameplay not appearance, this is not saying they should go out looking like total bums. but wearing your ball cap off center shouldn't be offensive and "non-representational" isn't the whole point of a game is to have fun? Isn't there better things to worry about? isn't ther a bigger picture to this certain case?

586362744[/snapback]

When they put on the uniform, they represent their organization just like the guy wearing a McDonald's polo and visor represents McDonalds. All corporations and businesses have a dress code and those that have a uniform also have strict rules regarding their uniform. If I have to dress appropriately for $9 an hour, these guys can do the same for a lot more money.

No bigger picture. If an employer has a dress code, you follow it or you're gone.

Simple as that.

I agree with this, on both points.

#1. It's idiotic, whoever does it.

#2. If my employer tells me I have to wear my hat straight or go home, I wear my hat straight.