Presenting the new Neowin Logo

Well then you should go ahead and post a screen (Y)

586365919[/snapback]

hehe That's just what you'd like me to do... but I'm not. ;) We have to leave some things up to the imagination.

@mercuryx013 - It will be similar to what we use currently for the Lite theme, just tweaked so it fits the current mockup's themeing... like so:

post-21616-1123858171.png

Don't quote me on it being exactly like that, but something close.

logo for the lite theme

N

586365938[/snapback]

:p

N00bs calling it ...

It looks sort of like something a power ranger would wear on his chest.

Hrm ...

No comment.

586365933[/snapback]

sorry I had to! :rofl:

Behold the red neoranger! :ninja:

neoranger.jpg

hehe  That's just what you'd like me to do... but I'm not.  ;)  We have to leave some things up to the imagination.

@mercuryx013 - It will be similar to what we use currently for the Lite theme, just tweaked so it fits the current mockup's themeing... like so:

post-21616-1123858171.png

586365961[/snapback]

I like this clean version. Not as much fuzzy glitz that looked out of focus.

Don't worry about what the others are saying FlishFun, I like the new logo  :yes:

586366012[/snapback]

Awww... well as long as you do, SkArN, I'll be happy.... :wub: lol

And remember, this logo (and mockup) is built so that not only most of you like it... Neobond, Redmak, and Daniel also have to love it.... and they're very particular about what they like (and this, they like). :yes:

@matt74441 - You're the first to post something about that. As I said, this is the new logo... the entire logo, so to *really* compare, the new old one to compare it to is this one:

neologo.gif

So yeah, the text seems to have vanished... where did it go? Oh noes! lol

Is the font the same? We'll have to wait and see.... :ninja:

Other than the eye candy (new logo, new skin, etc..) what other new "Features" or things that we can look foward to? :D

586366053[/snapback]

Plenty! Plenty, plenty! Until Steve (Neobond) wants to reveal them, they'll be hidden, but do know there will be quite a few new features and usability tweaks. :) The new Neowin isn't going to be just eyecandy... trust me on that.

@Neobond - :rofl:

I must agree with the minority, it lacks a certain finese that the current one holds. Albiet FlishFun; you're right, it's like a diamond without it's ring. I'll keep an open mind until I see it in it's complete form.

edit: The logo seems more like a v3.9B Than a v4.0

I must agree with the minority, it lacks a certain finese that the current one holds. Albiet FlishFun; you're right, it's like a diamond without it's ring. I'll keep an open mind until I see it in it's complete form.

edit: The logo seems more like a v3.9B Than a v4.0

586366077[/snapback]

I'd love to show you even just a piece of the site, so you could see what I mean, but that's not gonna happen. Why? Because we're cruel, horrible people who like to make members suffer... :devil:

Can mods see the new site.

Maybe surscribers can get a shot posted in the surscriber fourm (with a ban if they leak it to teh main forum so nobody does)

That would bring LOADs of surscribers in.

Does look good, would have to see how it fits on the new site before you can fully comment on it. I do however prefer the older one. The glass and more simple shading appeals to me more. On the new one the bevel looks a little too tight in the side bits. Still it's a (Y)

Lite one is excellent, nice and simple.

Maybe surscribers can get a shot posted in the surscriber fourm (with a ban if they leak it to teh main forum so nobody does)

586366095[/snapback]

Nope... most of the mods hadn't even seen the logo until it was posted right here. This entire thing is being done with just a few hands in the pot (admins, coders, graphics, and supervisors)... the smods, newsposters, mods, etc... haven't seen any of the mockups. So, unfortunately, the odds of the Subs getting a sneak peak is slim.

586366095[/snapback]

uh.. no

that would kill the excitement. i dont ask for anything jsut because i donated.

Plenty!  Plenty, plenty!  Until Steve (Neobond) wants to reveal them, they'll be hidden, but do know there will be quite a few new features and usability tweaks.  :)  The new Neowin isn't going to be just eyecandy... trust me on that.

586366065[/snapback]

Ohh cool then. When is the 5th anniversary? Sorry, I dont know abt it.

@Neobond -  :rofl:

586366065[/snapback]

Ohhh.. was that sarcastic?

Nice, I must say I do like it, well done Flish. :)

But I am also looking forward to seeing it all seem together into one layout, then I think people would love it a lot more. ;)

JMann

586366136[/snapback]

Yep, once you see it all together, you'll understand what I mean about it. :happy: