Google's Jabber Server Works

I'm on too, unfortunately it's incredibly annoying that it tries to add itself to my startup programs every time I start it, minimize it, or maximize it from the tray (I use StartupMonitor) :(.

The interface is very nice and responsive, though I prefer programs that use the OS theming system since they blend in much better with existing programs (and are easy to change their look by changing themes, using the built-in theming engine or WindowBlinds).

LOL Yeah nothing special yet, it's fun though! I like the status mesasges, just like iChat. Would be niec to see a OS X client too. Wishing I could add MSN people and AIM too though!

Anyone notice the weird numbers in the About box?

post-33328-1124854350.png

[edit] Also, for those people wondering about RAM usage, it uses ~6mb for me no matter if it's open or minimized. For comparison, Xfire and MSN Messenger use 11mb/20mb when open and 3mb/10mb when minimized (respectively). [/edit]

Edited by IGx89

this also works for gaim (just tried it, and im on)

586422777[/snapback]

Works on Trillian! I'm chatting with myself right now. ;-)

Sign in with your Gmail Email address username@gmail.com and password, and then click the Change button and enter the following settings:

Server Host: talk.google.com

Server Port: 5222

Authenticate As: username

Resource: GoogleIM

I'm not 100% sure about the Resource setting needing to be set to GoogleIM. According to the Download Squad article, the service will be open to supporting any client. Although, they may be trying to block most users from connecting until the public launch.

post-967-1124854676.jpg

Anyone notice the weird numbers in the About box?

post-33328-1124854350.png

[edit] Also, for those people wondering about RAM usage, it uses ~6mb for me no matter if it's open or minimized. For comparison, Xfire and MSN Messenger use 11mb/20mb when open and 3mb/10mb when minimized (respectively). [/edit]

586423195[/snapback]

Those numbers are for a small easter egg.

In the about box (right click the taskbar icon) there should be this

play 23 21 13 16 21 19 . 7 1 13 5

substitute letters for numbers and you get

"wumpus.game"

add this to to your freinds list minus the quotes and play an old irc game!

As taken from: http://googletalk.proboards59.com/index.cg...read=1124859283