Google Talk's very first secrets

I have made a patch that modifies the .exe. Once applied, you won't need to write /nomutex. It is forced by default.

The patch is suppoused to be post on www.messengeradictos.com, before night falls (in europe:pp)

586430198[/snapback]

I could have it hosted in a few minutes if ya pm it to me.

i've been working on modding GT a little bit, and came out with this

untitled5wy.th.png

i can't really mod where the contacts are and i can't mod where the text goes in the IM window, also if you try to mod some bitmaps like the M mail icon or the minimize and close button, they automatically disappear

also, here's a link to dock google talk into google desktop 2

http://kevingc.blogspot.com/2005/08/integr...ith-google.html

Edited by oxygenn3

I like it, its nice and clutter free. MSN (which is my usual IM) is cluttered, full of useless junk (even with APatch) I dont use, the default skin is fugly and its generally an average IM. WIth Gtalk if they add:

- File Transfers

- Multiple people in one conversation

- Emoticons

- Webcam Support

then it will be one awesome IM in my opinion.

586429450[/snapback]

I don't want emoticons in an IM tool. That is the worst crap ever. The problem with them is that they upset the flow of text, and cause massive gaps between lines.

i have the same problem, my default browser is maxthon too. buttons worked with IE set as default browser...

how about opera or other browsers? does it work? does anyone got these buttons working with maxthon?

586430112[/snapback]

I have the same problem. I am using IE7 and the 2 links dont work.. andwhen I click the M inthe newmessagedialog at the bttom, nothignhappens.

How is the colouring of conversation windows done? Editing the images in reshacker?

Sprocket has made a button which should open the debug window, but how can he actually make it open it?

yeah, i just copied the images in googletalk.exe using reshack, then pasted it into an image editor (i used paint :D ) and then went back to the image using reshack and replaced it with the new one. it takes a long time because there are a lot of parts and it's very tedious

I'm really not sure whether emoticons would work in GTalk... I think they'd just get in the way... I suppose we'll have to wait and see what Google's grand plan is.

guys, i got really bored with nothing new being found, so i started making color themes

googletalkcolors1ya.th.jpg

(low quality pics)

586432008[/snapback]

They look absolutely awful. :no:

I don't really see the need for themes - they're unnecessary and impractical like those silly backgrounds you can add to chats in MSN Messenger. Once you start with that where do you stop? Animated emoticons? Annoying flash animations with sounds? The ability to nudge other people's messenger windows? :no:

They look absolutely awful. :no:

gee, thanks :(

i don't really care, i was just doing that for myself, i was really bored and had lots of free time, but felt like sharing :)