Do games promote violence?

They don't physically hurt people, but they show young children that violence is ok. Now adays you see a lot of violence in the media. The more children see violence the more they come to know it as ann every day thing, and not as something that is wrong. Another problem with the violence is the fact that children don't see the long term effects of it. They don't see how much pain the person being battered is feeling, they usually move on to a quick death. The violence also neglects to show the family's pain and suffering due to the loss of a loved one. (unless you're watching Lifetime) Killing someone is being made into a game, and that's wrong.

No, I mean How would it, just because it shows it? It is up to the Parents to decide that if they want there child should play the game or not, The ERSB? I think that is all bull :devious:

"I just shot somebody in the head in CS, it looked so cool. I wonder if that happens in real life. Maybe ill go find out"

just doesnt seem like it would happen to me...

maybe not having relieve stress by not playing games could screw someone up. just sit at home staring at gun mags when you could be killing ppl with the same gun in the magazine.

Originally posted by aem4162

They don't imo. I think there is something wrong in a person's life if they let a game influence them. A game should be entertainment.

In my case, Doom and Doom II helped a ton when I worked for a former employer. Things were so bad that I pictured my supervisor's head on the shoulders of all the monsters. I played in god mode with my bfg9000 and killed him every time I saw him. Kept me from wishing I could do the same in real life and I left when my 401k was fully vested.

:D:D:D:D:D

anita

Entertainment? Yeah, you get same amount of gore from a mouse as you would get from an elephant. Blood all over the place... SQUISH, SPLATT. WOOHOO!

No, its enterainment ... and for those who cannot distingush enterainment and reality ... its their problem, as many more people can distingush the differences, making them a minority with reality impairment, IMHO.

haha, good one... i don't think so tho.. i play shooting games and all that and it don't make me wanna go kill someone. When i was younger tho after watching a Karate movie we would all play fight doing karate moves but that was as far as it went. I don't think i'd go out and and hunt down someone to see if i can give them a karate chop!

The US government doens't have the balls to ban games. Games are what this ****ed society needs to escape our reality. Without games, we would be tempted to explore guns and weapons on our own. Guns don't promote voilence. Wasting our lives working endless hours in horrendous jobs then coming home to the television creates psychos that end up killing people.