Apple announces iPod nano

when are they gona "open up" this thing just as they do with most new apple/sony products? i want to see how the guts fit together.

I had a similar idea to this when the iPod mini was unveiled. Only, my idea had the interface of the 3G ipod.

I still think that the 3G style buttons are better than the clickwheel. The orange lights are also an element that would have been much enjoyed on the current models.

I am happy that Apple has chosen to place the headphone jack on the bottom. It makes more sense, as the wire runs down when you are holding it, and sticks out when you put it in your pocket. I am unsure what they did with the dock connecter, but suspect that they made it integral with the headphone port in a similar fashion which Mpio did with their FL350 series dap.

I am unhappy with the overall aesthetics of the nano. The outer design is generally more important in small portable devices than their regular sized counterparts. The shape of this iPod looks odd and unfamiliar. I suspect that the shape is due to the lack of a harddrive, thus the ability to trim an inch off the width. I would have prefered top dimensions in the same ratio as the 3g iPod. Basically picture a smaller, thinner 3g ipod with a colour screen and the features of the colour iPod.

omg wtf,

what did they do to iTunes?!!?

anyone have a link so I can install 4.9 back?

iTunes 5 is garbage.

586492102[/snapback]

wroung. this is the nano thread anyways.

iLounge editors got their hands on one and this what they noticed:

• The nano dock is the first to have a "variable line-out port"
  • Universal Dock Adapter is bundled with nano
  • Audio quality is similar to existing iPods
  • Stop watch and timer features work well and sport a metallic interface (like that of OSX)
  • Security screen lock and world clock are also good features
  • nano not compatible with Apple’s or other photo connectors for straight-to-nano digital picture transfers

I am so Annoyed that i spent ?219 on iPod 4th at Christmas!

I want a Nano! I can't sell my iPod cos it has my name engraved in the back of it:((

......must....not.........click...................going......................toooo........cave.....sooooon.......blllaccckkk too nice...

Oh Man.

Nice move by Apple - thats freaking Awesome...I have a 3rd Gen 40Gb iPod - but oh man...im THIS CLOSE >||< to buying one RIGHT NOW...

If they had announced a 6gig model, I'd order one today price be damned! But alas, I have 4.32 gig of music and I'm SOL.  :(

586492210[/snapback]

You know you dont have to have an mp3 player has a complete storage solution. I would rather get a smaller player for the sake of small amounts of playable content and then update it as needed. I have an external harddrive as a full storage device for my mp3s.

definitely;

i just sold my 20gb ipod (monochrome 4th gen) and am picking up one of the nano's tomorrow.. i went to teh local apple store and they didnt get their shipments. im sick of ordering things online and waiitng for shipping lol