[NCAA FB]will USC lose this year

will USC lose this year  

48 members have voted

1. 1. will USC lose this year

• Yes
    • No

Im calling it because i have seen it in past years. USC will lose the last game of the season to UCLA. ( i am a fan of USC so it hurts to say.) But every year they get in a close game with a Pac 10 Team. and UCLA will be there as that tough team that will oust them from there nat champ spot. :x

@L3thal

USC isnt #1 because anti-west coast.

586724708[/snapback]

O yeah becuase Texas is so East Coast :rofl: . USC isn't number 1 because the formula the computers use is whacky and makes no sense to humans who have the ability to use reason and not just formulas for determining who should be number 1. Considering USC is #1 in BOTH human polls that would definitely not suggest a West Coast bias.

computers don't use reason and humans do? i'm going to have to disagree with that one. computers are 100% unbiased, while the coaches/pollsters watch 5 games and think they know who is best out of everyone? and then you have mack brown crying on TV for more votes? and then you have rutgers and baylor getting votes in the polls this week?

i would trust a computer (assuming the software was programmed from a fair standpoint) over any human poll any day of the week.

the only poll that counts is the "computer" poll(i bet some guy is telling it to not pick west coast.

quote of the day(the truth)becuase anti-west coast.

computers don't use reason and humans do?? i'm going to have to disagree with that one.? computers are 100% unbiased, while the coaches/pollsters watch 5 games and think they know who is best out of everyone?? and then you have mack brown crying on TV for more votes?? and then you have rutgers and baylor getting votes in the polls this week???

i would trust a computer (assuming the software was programmed from a fair standpoint) over any human poll any day of the week.

586725019[/snapback]

Touche lol. I do agree that the human polls aren't perfect but I still think that the BCS computers need their formulas changed. Not just based on this one poll but I remember last year there was one of the computers ranking a team number 1 that clearly did not deserve it. Can't remember who though. Do the computers take strength of schedule and all that other fun stuff into account? If so, and both teams go undefeated, USC will be number 1 when it's all over because they will have played more top 25 teams, I think lol.

the only poll that counts is the "computer" poll(i bet some guy is telling it to not pick west coast.

586725090[/snapback]

Um no, the Harris and USA Today polls are put into the BCS formula. In fathinknk they make up two-thirds of it. Let's just stop with the conspiracy theories. Wait till the regular season is done and see where everything stands before crying foul (literally if you're Mack Brown lol).

• 2 weeks later...

news

UCLA got killed

Cal lost

UCLA = lucky team that got many OT wins cant beat USC

Cal = not as good as last year team and cant beat USC

Fresno St. = the only team that won this week cant beat USC :p

now lets change the topic alittle which team will stay in the game the longest?

Cal

Fresno St

UCLA

i will say fresno St. USC will be beaten up kinda from Cal games(that game will be good for the 1st half), and be looking at UCLA (that game will be good in the 4th Qrt. but will be over by 1st half).

Fresno St. will stay in the game untill 3rd with 10:45(USC will get 6 or 7 TDs in the 2nd half)

USC's defense is it's Achilles heel (no pun intended). If a team could put up a huge lead in the first half, maybe they could demoralize USC. A defensive team will never beat USC because their offense is unstoppable...

You still have hope that Fresno St. can pull off an upset? They will get blown out in the second half like most teams that play USC.

Fresno St. beat teams better then them, they lose to teams not better then them. so i think Fresno St can beat them but i think Fresno St will have to have their best game of the year and USC will have to be off.

Fresno St can run the ball and will run on USC, so if they have a big lead at half and USC dont get it going untill the 4th Fresno St. will win. :cry:

@L3thal

that is funny Texas beat USC

586717325[/snapback]

Not saying that Texas is definitely gonna win, but they just killed a decent Baylor team 62-0. I know Baylor is at the bottom of the Big 12 but they did beat a top 30 or 35 team in Iowa St. and played competitive with Oklahoma and Nebraska. USC has looked bad starting off many games this season, they usually do blow them out at the end. Notre Dame almost beat USC, Texas is a better team than USC, it's pretty funny if you think Texas has no chance at USC. I see it as a 50-50 game. Also, it's pretty funny that you think Fresno St. can beat them but Texas has no chance. :laugh: That's funny.

well 1 thing, USC will get 1 month time to get ready for TX, they killed a great OKlanhma team. and USC will be fresh well fresno St is going to play them after Cal, even if the game will not be close at the 4th. also they will play UCLA a game that will be good untill 4th too. Fresno St has the best chance to get a big lead and keep it beacuse they will be over look well Tx will be looked that as a team that will beat them and they will have a D sceam for TX, the offence will have a month to make the perfect start. i think TX will not be as ready as USC. i still think Fresno St will lose, well i know Fresno St will lose but like i said they will have the best Chance to beat USC.

if Fresno St plays TX, TX would win most likely 99.9% of the time.

Oklahoma killed teams too.

many times in sports, the little team can win.

...get ready for TX, they killed a great OKlanhma team...

Oklahoma? they suck this year, no where near what they were the previous year. Last year, Texas got its ass kicked, but not this year. Its not only because texas got better this year, the main reason is because OU lost a lot of talent.

Oklahoma? they suck this year, no where near what they were the previous year. Last year, Texas got its ass kicked, but not this year. Its not only because texas got better this year, the main reason is because OU lost a lot of talent

i was talking about last year OU vs USC, OU was a great team, and they got killed by USC.

sorry about that

BroChaos is right.

i know Why USC is so good, many players are from califorina.

:)

i hope they keep winning, the east cant stop the pimpin'

586698107[/snapback]

That's a cold hard fact that the black players out here are a lot more bulky and just all around better football players. Compare a California High School team to a East Coast team and you will notice a huge difference. Lot of Somoans out here also.

Im just afraid that NCAA might turn into the NFL where it's all just big defense guys. I like the action and the field is always moving.

It's a hard choice about USC mostly because Leinart is not consistant and making some mistakes, but they have experience and the players over anything. Just expect Oklahoma series all over again. I can remember that everybody from Oklahoma was so hyped that they were actually gonna beat USC, than after that 1st quarter it was the most eerie quietness.

Im just afraid that NCAA might turn into the NFL where it's all just big defense guys

i will love the NCAA to turn into the NFL, with down hill running, passing to the TE,and all that good stuff.

i was talking about last year OU vs USC, OU was a great team, and they got killed by USC.

sorry about that

586783410[/snapback]

Last year's USC and OU teams are irrelevant. College teams can change dramatically over a single year because of seniors or other players leaving for the draft.

Last year's USC and OU teams are irrelevant. College teams can change dramatically over a single year because of seniors or other players leaving for the draft.

i know that. im saying last year USC team was doing the samething as OU killing teams 50- 10 , then in the BCS champianship game USC killed OU, was USC that much more talented then OU no. it was the coaching. and 1 month for USC coaching = poor other team.

You guys should start having some wages set. Something like if USC wins you have to have something in your Sig for a whole month or something corny like that, I dunno spice it up.

if i recall correctly, last yeard was the first time EVER in the history of CFB that 3 major conference teams went undefeated. don't expect it to happen again.