Transmission

It's still in early beta stage...

At the bottom of the screen you can see the total amount uploaded.

Anyway I can't stand Tomato Torrent (even the name is bad) so I rather use this.

586573012[/snapback]

Thats the speed total, not the amount of data transferred. Also, that wasn't so much bashing Transmission, as it was saying that Tomato actually has things in it the Transmission doesn't, so how could it be more polished.

Also, that wasn't so much bashing Transmission, as it was saying that Tomato actually has things in it the Transmission doesn't, so how could it be more polished.

586573283[/snapback]

Yeah, that's probably because they just started with this project... Tomato Torrent has been around longer, so naturally it has more features atm.

Thats the speed total, not the amount of data transferred.  Also, that wasn't so much bashing Transmission, as it was saying that Tomato actually has things in it the Transmission doesn't, so how could it be more polished.

586573283[/snapback]

features != polish

Looks even better with UNO applied :yes:

tm.png

I'd like it to remember the window size I set it to from last time I used the app, & a 'Reveal in Finder' button so that when you've completed a d/l you can jusmp straight to it :)

586568821[/snapback]

Dj Clue - Operation Desert Storm

Lil' Kim

Can't read the last one :ninja:

It's crashed a few times with big files. :(

586584255[/snapback]

That's so weird, I used it to download files of 700 MB ~ 2,2 GB it didn't crash once. One thing that does bother me is the time it takes to quit the application when a torrent is downloading.

That's so weird, I used it to download files of 700 MB ~ 2,2 GB it didn't crash once. One thing that does bother me is the time it takes to quit the application when a torrent is downloading.

586585412[/snapback]

I've found that around 10 torrents causes it to crash, regardless of filesize.

I had a problem where it reported the download of a file was complete, i.e. the progress bar was complete and the status was "seeding" but it showed that the file was still downloading i.e. I was getting a "D/L speed" still. It was really strange and or course the file would not work (it was a TV show). Other than that, it has worked okay without any crashes. It really could use a better app icon though.

It really could use a better app icon though.

586586491[/snapback]

Yea, I saw him appealing for a new icon. (Maybe on his site or in the Readme file, somewhere like that).

Looks like Busta Rhymes? ?:cool:l:

586586558[/snapback]

Correct

Lil Kim - The Naked Truth (Explicit Version) although I'm not sure if it says version or something else.

586590563[/snapback]

Correct (Explicit Retail)

Collect your prizes on the way ou:p:p(Note to self: Set the pixilation filter to 4 rather than 3 next time:whistle:e: )i>

Is this program going to offer support for something like SafePeer?  Or like a built in PeerGuardian?

586591498[/snapback]

It's been requested, but titer (the developer) is a busy guy and has not yet replied to the idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this program going to offer support for something like SafePeer?  Or like a built in PeerGuardian?

586591498[/snapback]

I hope not, PeerGuardian is useless.

2005/10/19: Transmission 0.3 released

Transmission 0.3 is feature-wise similar to 0.2, it is mainly a bugfix release:

Fixed "Sometimes sends incorrect messages and looses peers"

Fixed "Crashes with many torrents or torrents with many files"

Enhancements in the "End game" mode

Is nicer to the trackers

Asks for the rarest pieces first

OS X: Universal binary for PPC and x86

OS X: Fixed "Progress increases every time I pause then resume"

OS X: Fixed "Sometimes crashes at exit"