Transmission

Transmission 0.4 has been released

-Uses less CPU downloading torrents with many pieces

-The UI could freeze when the hard drive was having a hard time - fixed

-Fixes for difficult trackers, which require a 'key' parameter or a User Agent field

-OS X: Cleaner look, unified toolbar

-OS X: Added a document icon for torrent files

-OS X: Added a Pause/Resume button for each torrent, and a "Reveal in Finder" button

-OS X: Added a contextual menu

-OS X: Sometimes torrents kept "Stopping..." forever - fixed

-OS X: Several minor improvements or fixes: allows column reordering, fixed resizing on Panther, remember the position of the window, fixed display of Unicode filenames, added menubar items and keyboard shortcuts, made the simple progress bar switch to green when seeding

http://transmission.m0k.org/

Yesterday I made this future Transmission look mockup. The current toolbar buttons don't really match Unified if you ask me, so that's why I requested Mail like buttons.

So far Transmission's GUI guy seems to like the idea and is looking into it. :cool:

transmission1wv.png

P.S.

The badgets are just a placeholder. Altho the Delete and Preference ones look fine to me.

^ that looks really good, that should definitely be the GUI, but i the only way IMO that transmission will be perfect as soon as it gets trackerless support, that's why azureus will never leave my comp, it starts all of the stubborn torrent files

^ that looks really good, that should definitely be the GUI

586830019[/snapback]

Then don't forget to support my idea here:

http://transmission.m0k.org/forum/viewtopi...der=asc&start=0

:laugh:

But i the only way IMO that transmission will be perfect as soon as it gets trackerless support, that's why azureus will never leave my comp, it starts all of the stubborn torrent files

586830019[/snapback]

The developers really seem to listen to people, so just request the feature on their forums.Transmission is only few months old so I'm positive more advanced features will appear in later versions. :)

I like it :)

My suggestion would be to move the icons over to the left a little (so they aren't centered) & have a green plus sign for add torrent rather than white. I like the current info button (blue circle with white i). I wonder if that would work inside the mail style glassy button or not? hmm.gif

Good work so far :)

You should make those badges if my idea is really pushed through.

There is a problem tho, the way Mail handles those toolbar buttons seems to be undocumented so the developers don't have a clue of how to program them into the application. :/

??

No normal toolbar buttons work very different from the ones Mail uses:

-One button with three different sections;

-Mouse over state;

-Inactive state.

You can't just paste in the image resources and expect Transmission to display the combined buttons like Mail does.

The different states is something we can worry about later, but first someone needs to figure out how to combine three buttons into one.

Edited by Neowave