Transmission

Grab the source from CVS.

Drop the icns file into /macosx/images/

Pop open Info.plist in /macosx/ (Should open in propery editor)

Under 'Root' > 'CFBundleDocumentTypes' > '0'. Create a new child called 'CFBundleTypeIconFile' and give the string the name of the icns document.

Open MainMenu.nib (in /macosx/English.lproj/) in Interface Builder, drag the icon into the project.

Hop into terminal, "./configure", "jam" ... job done. A freshly compiled client with document icons :)

I like that. Should ask Everaldo if it can be used officially :yes:

(Along with the car on it's own for the app icon)

586698027[/snapback]

Yea you could try it. But there is very little feedback around the forum from the developer itself.

He meant the guy who made the icon, not the transmission developer :)

586703903[/snapback]

Yeah I understand that, but you still have to "request" the developer for using Everaldo's icon instead of the current one. Which is like talking to a brick wall or driving through a one way street. ;)

Edited by Neowave

Hi.. well i download Transmission but when i try to download a file i get only like 12 peers and 0kbps download speeds and i have a T1 connection..! does someone knows whats hapening??

Thanks

there are a number of factors that make a torrent download slow. Tracker, number of seeds and such. And a number of other things. It's not the program. Go test it by finding a file that has like 5000 seeders and see what happens....

Transmission is awesome!

Also keep in mind that multi-tracker support hasn't yet been implemented into Transmission, therefore a torrent may have 1000 seeds yet you're only able to connect to a portion of them as not all trackers are recognised/connectable.

But I, any many others, do not have a problem obtaining full speed downloads with Transmission which indicates that there is no problem with the client itself :)

Hi.. well do i have to install it to use it or i can just download the file and open the .app and download cause thats what im doing and i cant download a ****..

Thansk

Dan

Uhm no you just copy Transmit.app to your Applications folder or whatever and launch a .torrent file with it. Make sure the torrent you're using has enough Seeds and Peers (viewable on the website you got it from).

Uhm no you just copy Transmit.app to your Applications folder or whatever and launch a .torrent file with it. Make sure the torrent you're using has enough Seeds and Peers (viewable on the website you got it from).

586736064[/snapback]

Or in this case Transmission.app. :p

• 3 weeks later...