Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread

Canucks rule.

You all know that right?

And for the Canadians out there, be happy the CBC is gone, things have only gotten better for the media. TSN ROCKS CBC SPORTS ANYDAY! Thank God the hockey games are on TSN now.

586629692[/snapback]

a) The CBC is back.

b) Are you claiming the TSN broadcasts a superior product? :wacko:

For many people, the NHL season will start on Saturday with Ron and Don.

red wings crushed the blues. :D really impressed with the new guys so far. :yes:

586629711[/snapback]

The Blues are expected to be pretty weak this year.

I have been watching every morsel of NHL coverage that I can. Toronto and Ottawa shootout! Ovechkin 2 goals! Brule and Crosby an assist each! Rookies are doing extremely well! Dumont scored first goal of the season! This is all blowing my mind! I can't stop watching!

man the leafs make me angry, why can't they hold on to a lead :angry:

why can't they score when they had SOOO many power plays. :angry:

why can't any leafs score on the shootout :angry:

urgh the leafs werer superior for most of the game and then they just got robbed.

Habs played okay tonight, Glad to see our younger guys playing hard (except for that slow poke Dagenais... Theodore (as tough as i am on him) played a great game except for that 1 goal by Bergeron. He owned the Ruins all night. He was the core of our PK i think.

Go Rangers!!! :whistle:

So far it looks like its going to be a good year.

586629492[/snapback]

Wouldn't get too excited just yet. The Rangers have found a way in the past of disappointing fans again and again. I don't care if they lose the rest of their games for the year though as long as they win January 12th-the night I'm going to see them retire Messier's number. :D (Not really. It would be nice to have a .500 or better season again.)

w00t!!!!? Rangers win!!!:DD:DD

586629589[/snapback]

If Jagr stays happy it might be fun, after all. Hoepfully, with Straka as a linemate again that might be possible too.

So the first games of the new NHL season were played last night, all 30 teams were in action and many of the arenas were sold out. What did you guys think of the first game? Personally i was dissapointed the Avs lost and it's a shame to see Forsberg in a flyers jersey, but it's good to have the NHL back.

So what were your first impressions of the new game?

The Leafs lost in a shootout which I'm not used to seeing. Well, not the losing part just the shootout part.

When Baseball had their strike it really affected fan interest. The NHL lock-out has not seemed to have had that effect. It is like no time was lost at all.

[Threads Merged]

Shame the avs lost. I think they are gonna miss Forsberg (and Karya and Selane and Foote...) I tried 2 record it cos it's on at half past midnight where i live but i couldn't get my vcr to record :crazy:

Saw the Caps beat the Blue Jackets 3-2 and picked up my special miniature Stanely Cup with a "Dear Fans" message from the league.

Sports-Leafs_Logo_Old.gif

(good old fashioned Leafs.... GO BOYS IN BLUE GO!!!! )

Damn... I forgot the season started last night. What was the score on the Avs game? It does suck that Forsberg is gone but they will still be good. Go Avs!

They lost 4-3 to the Oilers which sucked a bit. But then as Aebshier (sp?) said "It's just one game". Im lookin forward to the first Avs - Red wings game, thats gonna be sweet :yes: :D

That's cool that your an Avs fan and you live in the UK. I'm a fan because I live in Colorado. I never even knew anything about Hockey until it came here and now I love it. smile.gif

Yea i been a hockey fan since the 2003-2004 season. Most of the english games don't interest me, football (or soccer) doesn't interest me cos as soon as there is any contact they get strechered off which is lame. Nuthin like a bit of hard hittin. I wud love to watch an nhl game, somethin for me to save up for.

Ach, Vancouver won! Nooooo!

They only won because of Naslund and some luck. They barely beat one of the worst teams.

Good to see the Leafs lost (Western Canadian hate, sorry to all Leafs fans).

Rookies certainly made an impact (Ovechkin, Parise, Fritsche, etc.).