Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread

Well since I can't edit no more, double post for me!

Calgary lost 5-2 to the BlackHawks ending the 8 game winning streak. Damn I was hoping they would have at least gotten to 9 and won against Edmonton and tied the Franchise record of 10. O well, it was good game, Blackhawks came back 2nd and 3rd to win it.

And whoever scored it (can't spell the name) ties the league goal scorer.

586827107[/snapback]

you mean Simon Gagne pronounced See-mon Gan-yay... ties Jagr and Alfredsson for first in goals with 18. Pretty good. Of those 18 goals Gagne has scored, i bet 16 or 17 have been assisted by Forsberg :) What a great combo.

You mean when the rich teams could buy all the talent, leaving no chance for the bottom rung teams? When scoring was so low, you may as well have been watching a soccer game? Yes, that WAS a great period in the NHL.  :rolleyes:

586819829[/snapback]

Yes. I loved low scoring, when games were competitive, instead of 9-1 everyday. Scoring doesn't equate excitement. Powerplays repeatedly definitely does not equal excitement.

As for teams buying championship rings, that doesn't neccessarily work. Detroit Red Wings have an amazing scouting and training system. Rangers did not win. New Jersey, a team that did not spend excessively on free agents, was very successful. In the last several years, teams that did not buy their way to the Cup Finals included Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Calgary Flames, Washington Capitals, Anaheim Mighty Ducks, Buffalo Sabres, and Carolina Hurricanes enjoyed success in this 'era of money.' Besides, that was covered by the salary cap, not the new rules which are detestful.

The era of higher salaries and low skill was caused by the rapid expansion to crappy markets for hockey, allowing for low competition and unskilled players to take over.

Flames are  9-1-0 this month, and have a share of

the division lead. I hope they can keep this up.

586839506[/snapback]

They better. They are doing really well. Last night game was tough and was played very well. Both teams played good with Avalanche getting better goals. But overall it was a good effort on both teams.

Flames can go 12-1 this month if the win against Sharks, Oilers and Predators. Which I believe they can, so let's hope so.

They better. They are doing really well. Last night game was tough and was played very well. Both teams played good with Avalanche getting better goals. But overall it was a good effort on both teams.

Flames can go 12-1 this month if the win against Sharks, Oilers and Predators. Which I believe they can, so let's hope so.

586841843[/snapback]

Calgary struggled at the start, but with Kiprusoff readjusting to the new rules and Regehr returning, they are becoming really strong. Also, although he is ignored, Dion Phaneuf is the best rookie in the league, and has become another excellent member of the strong defence core.

Went to the Rangers game Sunday with my pops. Great game against Boston. And the win over Buffalo with Jagr finally scroing in a shootout :yes: . Man I can't be more impressed with the Rangers so far this year :D

Went to the Rangers game Sunday with my pops. Great game against Boston. And the win over Buffalo with Jagr finally scroing in a shootout :yes: . Man I can't be more impressed with the Rangers so far this year :D

586845615[/snapback]

Jagr's shootout goal was outstanding. I listen to it on xm, but luckly sportscenter showed a replay of it. The Rangers are off to a great start. I hope they continue this play up through out the season. If they do, they should easily challenge for the division title or get a 4th seed in the playoffs.

The Leafs won against Montreal in overtime to put them 3-0 this year during the overtime period.

The don't seem to fare so well in the shootout, however, as they have only ever scored once (Eric Lindros) but that was good enough for a shootout win versus Boston. Their overall shootout record is 1-3.

Anyone else catch the Malik goal in the shootout? The only shootout so far this year that had me excited was that...The most beautiful goal I've seen in two or three years.

Anyone else catch the Malik goal in the shootout? The only shootout so far this year that had me excited was that...The most beautiful goal I've seen in two or three years.

586864764[/snapback]

NHL 2006 Skill Skick. Press Down with the Right Analog Stick when you're near the goalie with a "star" player. :laugh: :rofl: :D

586864764[/snapback]

Yeah, I just saw it on SportsNet's highlight of the night (on in the case of a Monday, of the weekend).

hey now, we were missing our top 3 D-men and our top forward that game. In all reality you should have blown us out of the water like 8-0... much like u did to the Maple Laffs :)

Anyways, i'm sure they're gonna start engraving the names of the Sens players on the cup once the trade deadline is reached.

Man what a series of bad luck for the habs

Kovalev - Injured: Recovering

Koivu - Injured

Souray - Injured

Komisarek - Family issues

Markov - Suspension

our best forwards and D are out for who knows how long!

Well, the Sens have been doing amazing this season (if you ignore the loss against Boston), and Nashville has been quite a surprise. I knew moving to Ottawa from Toronto would be good (then again, I was antiToronto in the middle of Toronto, lol.