My Defense of Hip-Hop...

Whoa! Only thing I disagree with. Kanye is a great influence in my opinion. Now to each his own, but Kanye doesnt promote violence or anything like that. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard a song from him where he mentions even beating someone up. Kanye, just like any other artist, has taken what he loves to do and became a millionaire off of it.

Not neccesarily. Most rap nowadays on the radio and mainstream TV is party/club rap. Nothin violent. The rap on TV hardly has substance, it's just good music IMO.

586657944[/snapback]

Do not qoute part of my post as if it accounted for my whole post. I said he was an idiot for what he pulled on TV which has nothing to do with his music.

Do not qoute part of my post as if it accounted for my whole post.  I said he was an idiot for what he pulled on TV which has nothing to do with his music.

586658050[/snapback]

I qouted half of your post for a reason. I was just stating why he IS a good influence. It's not like I edited it, it's still up there for everyone to see.

But on another note, what 6-10 year old you know would be watching a telethon? And please be honest, were you watching it, or did you just hear about it?

I qouted half of your post for a reason. I was just stating why he IS a good influence. It's not like I edited it, it's still up there for everyone to see.

But on another note, what 6-10 year old you know would be watching a telethon? And please be honest, were you watching it, or did you just hear about it?

586658079[/snapback]

Lol, since when did you have to physicially see something to call it what it is? Am I not a racist if you never see it? Am I not an idiot if I never show it to you? Am I not a murderer if I'm never caught?

That whole line of reasoning is incredibly broken, people are free to make thier opinions of Kanye whether or not they watched the telethon. And besides we have more proof of Kanye not being too bright, than we do of some 9/11 conspiracy yet you seem perfectly intent on judging that just from second hand information.

586658079[/snapback]

Ok so you qouted half my post and commented on that half as if it expressed my entire view, wrong.

And because not everyone was watching it does not mean he didn't say it. Doesn't that get rid of your whole argument. If most kids don't listen to this good Rap and most listen to violent rap does that mean that the bad rap is all that matters because that is what is mainstream.

And on the whole 9/11 conspiracy do yourself some good and do a little research on the truth as recorded by scientist, physicists, engineers and other profesionals.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages...e_evidence.html

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/refute.htm

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/cgvlab/projects/p...agonVis2003.mpg

Kanye West is an idiot and a bad influence for kids.  It is one thing to say things in your lyrics but a completely different thing to get on a telethon for a national disaster and tell everyone that Bush hates black people. 

586657894[/snapback]

"George Bush doesn't CARE about black people"

I did not mean to shift the focus to 9/11, I'm just merely pointing out that we judge things without actually seeing them live all the time, and to say that we can in say government but can not or should not over a telethon is pretty silly, but lets not turn this to a 9/11 discussion we have tons of those.

I dont see how any person could be influenced by songs, I mean dont people have brains no self control?

586660399[/snapback]

Some guy listened to a black metal band...then burnt down a century-old church. Sad really. I listen to alot of death, black metal and never got caught up in the lyrics. I just enjoy the music.

This post is going to sound real ignorant because im am partially biased against Rap, but here it goes:

Everyone in my class at school listens to rap and all i ever hear is them talking about hopping into their low riders, blasting away bloods or whatever gang they are fighting, and slapping up their bitches. In addition to that, they are always discussing what rapper got shot that day. Tell me thats a good role model.

On the flip side of thay, rock can bet pretty bad as well. It talks about some disturbing stuff too. Adults have the right to listen to whatever they want, however i do not belive that some rock and rap is a good influence.

BTW: I don't hate pop, in fact i love prince and i know that his stuff is not exactly good clean lets-sing-at-church music.

This post is going to sound real ignorant because im am partially biased against Rap, but here it goes:

Everyone in my class at school listens to rap and all i ever hear is them talking about hopping into their low riders, blasting away bloods or whatever gang they are fighting, and slapping up their bitches. In addition to that, they are always discussing what rapper got shot that day. Tell me thats a good role model.

On the flip side of thay, rock can bet pretty bad as well. It talks about some disturbing stuff too. Adults have the right to listen to whatever they want, however i do not belive that some rock and rap is a good influence.

BTW: I don't hate pop, in fact i love prince and i know that his stuff is not exactly good clean lets-sing-at-church music.

586665135[/snapback]

Wow, what school do you go to? i have never been apart of a conversation like that and I lived in Canarsie. (Brooklyn NY) Contrary to popular belief, rappers are shot every day.

Wow, what school do you go to? i have never been apart of a conversation like that and I lived in Canarsie. (Brooklyn NY) Contrary to popular belief, rappers are shot every day.

586666531[/snapback]

That's how it was in my son's school (primarily black)... right between White Plains and Yonkers... it's funny... cause every town surrounding the school is always ranked among the richest, safest places to live in the country every year... yet the kids were always so "ghetto"

Well there it is.  You pretty much hit nail right on the head.  The rap that most people listen to is horribly negative, the rock that most people listen to not so much.

586657927[/snapback]

I can't say ALL rap is horribly negative in the mainstream, mostly yes. Actually, yeah, I agree with you. No I'm not contradicting myself, before I was backing up the fact that there is good rap/hip hop out there, but the popular stuff is more negative than most of the mainstream rock..