George Bush: God told me to kill

BBC has made a documentary called "Israel and the Arabs: Elusive Peace", and in this documentarys one of the subjects is how Bush told folks at middle-east that god told him to kill. George sayd:

God told me: "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." and that?s what I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ?" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

---------------------------

I dont think that god would use wars and violence as a solution to anything.

Edited by hardbag

It may be powerphrasing but he did say that God told him to invade Iraq. The worrying thing is that Bush can say that and many people will take that as a valid reason to do whatever he does.

Is that really word for word what he said?

586646148[/snapback]

He says: "President Bush said to all of us, 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me: George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.

'And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq?and I did.

'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me - go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it'."

Source: http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml...7/ixportal.html

many more:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=qWt&hl=e...nG=Search&meta=

So i guess it is true.:s:s But to say that god is condoning one man to kill people - I thought that was the complete opposite of what god wanted?

If you ask me Dubya is nothing more than a mass murder trying to commit genocide in the name of "god".

There seem to be a whole bunch of gods playing us off against each other!!!

^ That was a joke btw. I find this situation beyond belief, it's insane. Absolutely insane.

(BTW, I'm guessing you meant paraphrasing not powerphrasing lol)

Edited by Jon

Bush = idiot, retard

Only he could make such a statement.

586647053[/snapback]

Amazing coming from someone who apparently idolizes an asassin

well adonai, do u think its good that the president of the united states is taking orders from god!?! do u really think that its a good thing that if this is true that he goes to bed, wakes up and says

"Well guys after my tequila and cocaine, I went to bed. And i think i had a vision, though it could be a dream, but anyhow, god told me to invade iraq, so i think we should. Lets go smoke em out! FREEDOM!!!"

Let's make a comparison: Imagine if a Muslim leader ordered death on behalf of Allah. Imagine how that would be universally condemned.

But now a Christian leader of America says that...Quickly, the Christian right leaps to action and sweeps it under the rug.

Let's make a comparison: Imagine if a Muslim leader ordered death on behalf of Allah. Imagine how that would be universally condemned.

But now a Christian leader of America says that...Quickly, the Christian right leaps to action and sweeps it under the rug.

586649338[/snapback]

:blink: Do you keep up with the news? Muslim leaders ordering death on behalf of Allah is pretty common, but extremely poorly reported by mainstream media.

well adonai, do u think its good that the president of the united states is taking orders from god!?!

586648114[/snapback]

I most certainly do, although he didn't say that to the Palestinians. That's why I voted for him twice.

586649338[/snapback]

Why is this still alive? The Administration declared this false and the original Palestinian source stated they were not quoting Bush but interpreting what he said 3 years ago during this meeting.

It may be powerphrasing but he did say that God told him to invade Iraq.

586646182[/snapback]

what-a-phrasing...? How about para-phrasing.

:unsure: I thought God said, "Thou shalt not kill ..."

586649713[/snapback]

No, someone else who supposedly had communication(one sided or otherwise) with God said: 'thou shalt not kill'.

There is a theoretical loophole in the bible allowing for war, contained in the passage about "a time for...". Conceivably, if there is a 'time for peace' then there has to be a time for war, since you "cant have light without a dark to stick it in" so to speak.

And Besides that, God is all-powerful, supposedly. He supposedly issued the giant flood, to kill-off people that displeased him. If he so chose to wipe-out more people that displeased him, by choosing a representative on earth to forward said initiative, what makes you think he wouldn't?

what-a-phrasing...? How about para-phrasing.

No, someone else who supposedly had communication(one sided or otherwise) with God said: 'thou shalt not kill'.

There is a theoretical loophole in the bible allowing for war, contained in the passage about "a time for...".  Conceivably, if there is a 'time for peace' then there has to be a time for war, since you "cant have light without a dark to stick it in" so to speak.

And Besides that, God is all-powerful, supposedly.  He supposedly issued the giant flood, to kill-off people that displeased him.  If he so chose to wipe-out more people that displeased him, by choosing a representative on earth to forward said initiative, what makes you think he wouldn't?

586650692[/snapback]

You guys are all missing the biggest problem here a biased Arab interpreter says that Bush said this. You guys act as if this is fact. And none the less this story is from 2003. Stop taking what the media shovels in your brains for face value and THINK.

586649338[/snapback]

On the contrary, you could also see it like this:

Imagine a president of the United States is apparently reported to say this and gets flak from all around the world and is universally condemned.

But then, a Muslim leader says that...Quickly, the irrational left leaps into action and sweeps it under the rug, claiming "America deserves what it gets."

On the contrary, you could also see it like this:

Imagine a president of the United States is apparently reported to say this and gets flak from all around the world and is universally condemned.

But then, a Muslim leader says that...Quickly, the irrational left leaps into action and sweeps it under the rug, claiming "America deserves what it gets."

586687129[/snapback]

I don't see the connection. Why would the "american left" say america deserves it, if a muslim leader says the same thing.

I don't see the connection. Why would the "american left" say america deserves it, if a muslim leader says the same thing.

586687580[/snapback]

Because many on the extreme left wish to dissolve America as we know it. Why else would they spread class-envy, racial divisiveness, etc.