The switch? Would you recommend it?

I've been watching some of the 'TV Ads' on Apple.com, Interesting I say.

But I wouldnt mind having a switch myself, So.. Would any of you recommend the switch?

What are advantages and disadvantages of the iMac?

:)

It looks cool? Sorta? In a lamp-ish kinda way? People won't be wanting to jump on your system to play games? It's white? Um....hmm...did I mention it looks cool?

(this was a joke, don't flame me, I like macs, just not the lame-ass commercials and the imac.)

I sure hope your reasons for wanting to switch are better than the ones those losers claim in the apple ads.

I would sugest that you write a list of pros and cons and come up with the decision yourself.

In my opinion there really isn't a much of a reason to switch if you have a nice computer and a good, stable OS like XP.

On the other hand, if you have a older computer and you are planning on buying a new one anyway, then I think a MAC could be considered as an option.

You a gamer? - Stick with a PC

You a tweaker? - Stick with a PC

You happy with your PC? - Stick with a PC

You upgrade often? - Stick with a PC

The Mac commercials are all lies. If you wanna switch to a Mac, go ahead. But you honestly need to have good reasons to do so. Cuz if you don't, you'll regret it.

Originally posted by Ravager

The Mac commercials are all lies. If you wanna switch to a Mac, go ahead. But you honestly need to have good reasons to do so. Cuz if you don't, you'll regret it.

LOL be prepared for apple fans to get you on the gaming thing :)

i dunno whrer the pple get the fantasy that the mac carnt be upgraded. i will conced that the i/emac carnt but they aint suposed to be.

games. unless ure a hardcore gamer then the mac will bide u well.

Why not run both? I'm thinking about picking up an iBook or something along those lines. Just as a toy, of course.....

Out of the following games I list, tell me which are on Mac.

Grand Theft Auto 3

Need For Speed 5

Half Life

Jedi Knight 2

The Sims

Simcity 3000

Ghost Recon

Out of the following apps, which are on PC:

iTunes

iMovie

iPhoto

iSync

iCal

etc etc

:rolleyes:

On the following app, list which one is on the mac :

Minesweeper

Man you can't give argument for the mac with software that are made by apple... This is not the point..

All those games listed in the above post, are not made either by MS or Intel, or by Apple..

But they exist only for x86...

iTunes

iMovie

iPhoto

iSync

iCal

etc etc

**PLUG**Well, iTunes is out on the PC on its own, but with my cool skin for WMPXP it sure looks like it!!

Get it here

And the dark version here! ** END PLUG**

Also, Aqua-soft.org are making apps called look and act just like there OSX counter parts. They are:

AquaFinder

AquaBrowser

AquaMail

and no doubt they do more in the future.....

+++++++++++++++++

Please note: Copy and paste the links otherwise you'll get a 404 error. Damn Spaceports!!

=================

Originally posted by Dr.Jones

On the following app, list which one is on the mac :

Minesweeper

Man you can't give argument for the mac with software that are made by apple... This is not the point..

All those games listed in the above post, are not made either by MS or Intel, or by Apple..

But they exist only for x86...

Oh my god, it was just an example. There's plenty of exclusive software I was just making a point. The point being how pathetic listing a few apps is.

Omniweb, Chimera, reason 2 etc etc. You know I could go on, but what's the point.

In fact, what's the point in having a Mac forum in a Windows web site just so every thread can be bombarded with anti apple crap.

****es me off, I'll let someone else answer the question.

Originally posted by Davidc2001

Also, Aqua-soft.org are making apps called look and act just like there OSX counter parts. They are:

AquaFinder

AquaBrowser

AquaMail

and no doubt they do more in the future.....

Yeah, and they are not available for mac! :p

Grand Theft Auto 3

Need For Speed 5

Half Life

Jedi Knight 2

The Sims

Simcity 3000

Ghost Recon

jedi knight 2

the sims

whats your point?

Originally posted by Davidc2001

**PLUG**Well, iTunes is out on the PC on its own, but with my cool skin for WMPXP it sure looks like it!!

Get it here

And the dark version here! ** END PLUG**

Error 404, where else can I get those skins?

Also, is it possible to have a dual boot setup with linux and MacOS? Also, how/can you run windows on a mac? I have seen it done before so it has to be possible.

A Linux/MacOS/Windows triple boot setup would be sweet.

If this is possible even with just linux I might also consider "the switch".

Grand Theft Auto 3

Need For Speed 5

Half Life

Jedi Knight 2

The Sims

Simcity 3000

Ghost Recon

Already out:

Simcity 3k

jk2

the sims

being ported atm:

Ghost recon.

will never happen.

GTA 3,

NFS5

was going to hapen:

Half Life. they started a port then canceled

Originally posted by Dazzla

iTunes

iMovie

iPhoto

iSync

iCal

etc etc

:rolleyes:

lol...nice comeback!

Originally posted by DigitalDJ

macs r for ppl that format alot..everythings preinstall with Mac OS X :D:D:D lololol

Lol, I can format and reinstall the OS in just Over 10 minutes from the standard OS X CD.

iTunes

iMovie

iPhoto

iSync

iCal

....Just one question...Does mac have WINdows media player ?

or WINdows messenger or TweakXP or StyleXP.. ?

Then again...when was the last time u saw something on windows that starts with an 'i' ??? iDows Media Player...hmmmmm:ermm:

Each system has it's advantages..and disadvantages [pointing that towards macs]

you can't upgrade anything on a MAC.,..........only 3 thing can be done to it and they are harddrive,ram& last but not leaset The OS....that it

after that you screw big.........$1600+ every upgrade

that plus yopu can pretty much do the same thing on a PC now and then some

i say go for the switch, apple is kinda moving into games so over the next 6 months u'll see quite a few games on the mac, i mean look at wcIII it came out hte same time as the pc version!!! very nice,

dont bring aquasoft into this ;)

and there is a wmp for hte mac there is a msn for the mac there are A ****LOAD OF TWEAKS for the mac and there are a few theme changers for the mac :) u tell me one thing besides games that a pc can do that a mac can't and crashing doesnt count :)

Originally posted by JnCoKiLLa

you can't upgrade anything on a MAC.,..........only 3 thing can be done to it and they are harddrive,ram& last but not leaset The OS....that it

after that you screw big.........$1600+ every upgrade

that plus yopu can pretty much do the same thing on a PC now and then some

yea but on a mac u dont need to upgrade every week as a mac u upgrade yearly if that long.

and there is a wmp for hte mac there is a msn for the mac there are A ****LOAD OF TWEAKS for the mac and there are a few theme changers for the mac u tell me one thing besides games that a pc can do that a mac can't and crashing doesnt count

it was a joke ? :rolleyes:

Macs are really nice machines, but so are pc's. It really depends on what you do more, are you a gamer or designer? Well, at least Mac has WarCraft3, not that's a tight game. So, it all depends on what you do. What do you do on your pc?