The switch? Would you recommend it?

Originally posted by Ravager

Wow... that's only been posted about 5 times already...

So sue me; I don't scrub every thread of the forums making sure what I'm about to post hasn't been posted already. I figured it was relevant to the topic in light of Apple's blatant lying on their ads and it does fit into his decision to buy a Mac if he's a gamer. Who cares if it's been posted already and what difference does it make that you need to point it out?

Anyone know of a company that makes two button, scroll mice that look like the standard Apple mouse?

http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html

They have a few colors there. It looks like a one button mouse, but if you press the left side down, you get a left click and when you press the right side down, you get a right click. I had one of these mice and it was pretty and it glowed blue and everything...until I dropped it and it doesn't work anymore :(

poo

Originally posted by bogd

http://www.dumpcomputers.com/crysneonopmo.html

They have a few colors there. It looks like a one button mouse, but if you press the left side down, you get a left click and when you press the right side down, you get a right click. I had one of these mice and it was pretty and it glowed blue and everything...until I dropped it and it doesn't work anymore :(

poo

/me drools

my pc: 1.6GHz P4, 1GB DDR PC2100 RAM, 2x80GB ATA133 HDs, 2x40GB ATA133 HDs, GeForce3 Ti200, 24x CD-RW, DVD-Rom, and 18.1" NEC flat panel...runs XP Pro like a dream.

my Mac (just got it late last week): :) DUAL 1-GHz G4 processors, 1.5GB RAM, 2x72GB Ultra160 SCSI HDs (can't even get 1 freakin Ultra SCSI 20GB HD to work properly on my XP box), nVidia GeForce4 Titanium (128MB), SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW), 22" Flat Panel Cinema Display, and 10GB iPod...runs OS X (10.1.5) like a dream on ecstacy.

my point? my PCs got it's uses, as does my Mac. why did i shell out an arm and an arm and a leg for the new Mac? because it's worth it. unless you've used one, you probably won't understand. in any case, the Mac vs PC debate will rage on for years to come. and in the end, when you're on your deathbed...no one will give a rat's bootie if you've used a Mac, or a PC.

(all-in-all, there's better things to get belligerent about) :)

Originally posted by jawshoouh

my pc: 1.6GHz P4, 1GB DDR PC2100 RAM, 2x80GB ATA133 HDs, 2x40GB ATA133 HDs, GeForce3 Ti200, 24x CD-RW, DVD-Rom, and 18.1" NEC flat panel...runs XP Pro like a dream.

my Mac (just got it late last week): :) DUAL 1-GHz G4 processors, 1.5GB RAM, 2x72GB Ultra160 SCSI HDs (can't even get 1 freakin Ultra SCSI 20GB HD to work properly on my XP box), nVidia GeForce4 Titanium (128MB), SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW), 22" Flat Panel Cinema Display, and 10GB iPod...runs OS X (10.1.5) like a dream on ecstacy.

my point? my PCs got it's uses, as does my Mac. why did i shell out an arm and an arm and a leg for the new Mac? because it's worth it. unless you've used one, you probably won't understand. in any case, the Mac vs PC debate will rage on for years to come. and in the end, when you're on your deathbed...no one will give a rat's bootie if you've used a Mac, or a PC.

(all-in-all, there's better things to get belligerent about) :)

Why the uber-setup?

--

unspec

Originally posted by jawshoouh

You've got waaay to much money on your hands, my friend. Let ol' cerbero releave you from some of that eh? :knocked-o :D

Seriously though, sounds like a kick ass setup. Kudos :)

Originally posted by unspec

Why the uber-setup?

unspec

i was upgrading from a G4/500 with 1GB RAM and 2 18GB UltraSCSI HDs and i wanted something that would blow it out of the water and...

Originally posted by cerbero

You've got waaay to much money on your hands, my friend

unspec

winning $10,000 in a scratch-off lottery ticket doesn't hurt, either :D

Originally posted by Cowpie

Just a quick question, has anyone tried running windows via the lil virtual pc thingy? Does it run smooth?

Satisfactory, no more. I run windows 98 on VPC simply for converting the psd of my Mac icons into XP icons.

Running 2k is better apart from the boot time, XP is a dog. I suppose turning off the themes and stuff would make a slight difference but not that much.

Put it this way, I would only use it if forced to, not by choice.

Originally posted by persianpsycho

i wish i could install os x on my pc...

Don't we all....Well, i think Macs are amazing machines, but i seriously have no money. If i ever do get a Mac(which i hope i do) i'll also have a pc along side, or maybe not. It all depends if i'm still a gamer....