AutoPatcher XP October 2005

aaaa.... sorry, but... i can't install royal theme, again (in August too), cuz AutoPatcher copying only Royale.Theme to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes, only!.. why you've removed inst. version of this theme?- i've no problems with royal 'till July releases...

586695545[/snapback]

The Royale theme in its original format uses a default destination directory for installation of the files. When you do this manually, you can change the choice of installation destiny directory. When we do this in AutoPatcher, running a silent installation there?s nothing to change.

That?s the reason why this is installed at the location ?C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes? is default! Means that not AutoPatcher, but Microsoft is installing it at that location.

If I?m correct, this issue should be solved in the October release.

I already made the steps given for all of you, including running those two files... but it stills give me the error!

586699362[/snapback]

okay, try this solution

go to start > run, type REGSVR32 SCRRUN.DLL and press enter

Sorry. My post was stupid, cuz I haven't said that it copying just one file "Royale.Theme", there's no "royale" folder in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes, only one file of Royale Theme!

^ try this copy

ive added instructions to create the directory structure in which to copy the other files, that might fix the problem.

ive also adjusted the instructions slightly because it seemed to be copying a couple of files to the wrong folder structure.

extract the contents of the zip file to C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\AddOns\Themes

download here

I downloaded AutoPatcher XPSP2 and patched my system but forgot the fix. So I redl it and applied fix. AutoPatcher (Margaret Thatcher gor an honorary Ph.D. at Manhattanville College) says I'm running XP SP2 Professional which I'm not XP SP2 Home. Is this a glitch from the FIX? Or do I need to send $ to $MS?

I downloaded AutoPatcher XPSP2 and patched my system but forgot the fix. So I redl it and applied fix. AutoPatcher (Margaret Thatcher gor an honorary Ph.D. at Manhattanville College) says I'm running XP SP2 Professional which I'm not XP SP2 Home. Is this a glitch from the FIX? Or do I need to send $ to $MS?

586704937[/snapback]

:huh: :laugh:

Ol? a todos, nas vers?es anteriores do autopatcher pt encontrei o seguinte (c/nc-cr?ticas/n?o cr?ticas; =-substituintes):

actualiza??es em falta:

s? ingl?s:

scripten.exe=scripptg.exe

888240©

obsoletas:

873333©=894391(n/c)

884020(n/c)=893066©+889527(n/c)

885222(n/c)=904412-V2

886185©=889527(n/c)

890175©=896358©

893086©=900725

898461(n/c=903235

Algu?m pode confirmar?

Carlos

PS: props Gandolas

I just ran AutoPatcher on one of my XP computers, and I have found some duplicate updates. The security update for .net framework show up twice, there is 2 versions of msn messenger, and the 897663 update shows up twice. Just thought I'd let you know this obvious bug.

the_guy

@the_guy you probably extracted autopatcher over a previous release.

delete everything in C:\Program Files\Autopatcher, and re-extract the latest copy from the release you downloaded.

I just installed the Oct. 05 Autopatcher on 2 different computers that are running Win XP Pro SP2, and they have never had Autopatcher installed or executed on the current windows installation before. I selected ALL of the available options to install (besides the ones that were already installed and indicated by the blue text), and both times the installation stopped @ 12-13% during the KB885626 update. I'd let it set for 10+ min and no change. Eventually the OS would lock up when I tried to access the task manager. After powered off the computer and restarted I started Autopatcher again and noticed that it did install several updates like powertoys, etc., so I would select all of the items again and it would complete the installation the 2nd time around.

Any ideas?

Edited by device manager

Hello,

When I install Autopatcher Oct Full (5.1), I get the error:

Module Panic on Delete Old Screen Savers!

You are running Windows XP Professional SP2

Parent and/or Prerequisite Item Missing?

Any ideas?

I have Vista Transformation Pack 2 Installed, might this be the problem, and how should i fix it.

Thanks,

jfletcha

I have problem and i need help :)

so I just installed all of add-ons and patches but I forgot to unchek "Disable File Sharing" so now I cant share anything ....

please help me how to change this option. :D

Best reguards from Bulgaria.

I have problem and i need help :)

so I just installed all of add-ons and patches but I forgot to unchek "Disable File Sharing" so now I cant share anything ....

please help me how to change this option. :D

Best reguards from Bulgaria.

586717474[/snapback]

Have you tried running Autopatcher again and this time uncheck the box?

PaulK_CMF yes I tryed :wacko: notting happen

So I have and other problem with my langugahe bar (its hided) - OK but my shortcut keys dosnt work!

Edited by xahc

PaulK_CMF yes I tryed?:wacko:: notting happen

So I have and other problem with my langugahe bar (its hided) - OK but my shortcut keys dosnt work!

586717517[/snapback]

Run the tweak undo.exe, located in the \tools directory. Select the tweak that you want to undo.

btw, it's located the installation directory of AutoPatcher.