AutoPatcher XP October 2005

^ yes we know (or at least i do).

its just a temporary page while the rest of the site is being worked on (which btw is looking amazing so far)

Just a couple of quick questions about AutoPatcher,

1. I noticed that AutoPatcher contains a number of extras which aren't obtained through regular Windows Updates (eg. extra programs, tweaks etc.) Is it possible to disable these and only install what Windows Update would normally install?

2. Are there any differences between a system updated using Windows Update and a system updated using this patch (apart from the included extras), and can Windows Updates still be performed normally after using AutoPatcher?

Just a couple of quick questions about AutoPatcher,

1. I noticed that AutoPatcher contains a number of extras which aren't obtained through regular Windows Updates (eg. extra programs, tweaks etc.) Is it possible to disable these and only install what Windows Update would normally install?

2. Are there any differences between a system updated using Windows Update and a system updated using this patch (apart from the included extras), and can Windows Updates still be performed normally after using AutoPatcher?

586756671[/snapback]

1. yes, when you run autopatcher you get to select exacty what you install.

2.no difference, except the possibility of a few additional 'hotfix' updates which arent available through windows updates.

there will be no change to how windows update works

I need some help urgently

Recently I noticed that there was no AutoPatcher XP for September 2005. So does that mean that XP October 2005 includes udates for September as well. Also, how can i verify this??

One more thing, I started using AutoPatcher since the July 2005 version for my WinXP Pro SP2, and i have never used the Windws Update feature before that. So does that mean I dont have any updates (released before July) installed? Or did AutoPatcher XP July 2005 detect the missing updates and install it for me

Desperately seeking a reply. Plz reply at suyash_jaiswal 'at' hotmail.com

A million thanks to the person willing to help me on this

please dont use all caps! - theblazingangel

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

AutoPatcher XP October 2005 Detects all the missing updates and installs them for you

Sleep well, if You can

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

AutoPatcher XP October 2005 Detects all the missing updates and installs them for you

Sleep well, if You can

586759016[/snapback]

by "all", u really mean ALL?i.e. right since the launch of windows xp?

by "all", u really mean ALL?i.e. right since the launch of windows xp?

586761644[/snapback]

By "all" he means since the launch of Windows XP ServicePack 2. AutoPatcher XP is based on this Windows XP ServicePack 2. So, all the updates for SP1 aren't included!

If you install a fresh Windows XP OS (Home or Professional) and you are going to use Windows Update Service. You'll see that you have to download 30 Essential updates and 6 Optional updates. After that you need to reboot your system and go on using Windows Update Service that shows you that you need to install 1 essential and 2 Optional updates.....download and reboot again......are you finished? Nope, let's check what the Windows Update Service will say......1 Essential update is waiting for you....downloading and you are done. If you have to do this all by a dialup connection.......pffffffff

AutoPatcher will offer you to do this all at once, and if you want...select MSN messenger, Windows Messenger, backgrounds for your desktop, screensavers, tools and much more..... the only thing you have to do is select what you want and confirm your action by clicking the update button!

If microsoft doesn't change any update or hotfix, you are up-to-date while you are drinking coffee or maybe a beer :D

By "all" he means since the launch of Windows XP ServicePack 2. AutoPatcher XP is based on this Windows XP ServicePack 2. So, all the updates for SP1 aren't included!

If you install a fresh Windows XP OS (Home or Professional) and you are going to use Windows Update Service. You'll see that you have to download 30 Essential updates and 6 Optional updates. After that you need to reboot your system and go on using Windows Update Service that shows you that you need to install 1 essential and 2 Optional updates.....download and reboot again......are you finished? Nope, let's check what the Windows Update Service will say......1 Essential update is waiting for you....downloading and you are done. If you have to do this all by a dialup connection.......pffffffff

AutoPatcher will offer you to do this all at once, and if you want...select MSN messenger, Windows Messenger, backgrounds for your desktop, screensavers, tools and much more..... the only thing you have to do is select what you want and confirm your action by clicking the update button!

If microsoft doesn't change any update or hotfix, you are up-to-date while you are drinking coffee or maybe a beer  :D

586761775[/snapback]

thanks mate, it helped me a lot.

just one last question...i had installed all critical and recommended updates of autopatcher xp august 2005. then now i installed everything given in autopatcherxp october 2005(which was about 45 in number). so that means these 45 updates were released by microsoft during september and october, right?

^ no, there ware something like 9 new updates released in october.

all autopatcher releases are culmutive, meaning they include everything in the last release.

the exception is an 'update' release which is designed to just update the previous months release with current months stuff.

when you run autopatcher for a second time, you should notice that the updates that are already installed are highlighted in blue and are unchecked. theres no need to install these again.

autopatcher includes all updates found through windows update, plus a few more, since the release of SP2. you should have SP2 installed first.

I've been using AutoPatcher for a while now and I love it! I'm a PC/Network Tech in PA (USA) and will reload several PCs every week :blink: ! AutoPatcher helps me greatly! Thanks!

Now for my query...

This Fix I keep reading about... What does it fix? I downloaded the AutoPatchers for Win2K3, WinXP & Win2K. Do I need the fix?

11-3-05

1028 EST

^ microsoft made a mistake with one of the october updates and so an update was missed out from the xp october release.

the 'fix' release will add the module for the missing update and also remove a few older modules that are no longer necessary.

^ microsoft made a mistake with one of the october updates and so an update was missed out from the xp october release.

the 'fix' release will add the module for the missing update and also remove a few older modules that are no longer necessary.

586762550[/snapback]

So, I'm guessing, you're saying I should download & use the fix...

I can make the version in Italian inasmuch as the English version does not work on systems translate in Italian? it is much difficult one to make the support for one language?

hi

My problem is simple but I cant fix it :) so I just install all of add-ons (security,speed...) and after that I cant share anything.

tweak uninnstaler havent got this option so help me PLS :blink:

with best regards

hi

My problem is simple but I cant fix it :) so I just install all of add-ons (security,speed...) and after that I cant share anything.

tweak uninnstaler havent got this option so help me PLS  :blink:

with best regards

586789119[/snapback]

it looks like....the DisableIPCshare tweak that you are talking about and not the addons.... What is the language that you have downloaded?