[ REVIEWS ] F.E.A.R

So, who's played it so far, how do you like it?

Store date is next week, but it's clearly been circulated.

586670508[/snapback]

Uhm, it's not out yet, how do you expect us to have it, warez monkey?? (I'm buying it currently form a torrent store, at 25kb)

586670542[/snapback]

You do know that alleging to do piracy is against Neowin's rule and might lead to a warnng or banning the account?

K'

oh come on he only asked if anyone has played it before... that counts the single player and multiplayer demo right?

well, true there's the gamespot review. Clicky.

well, as for me i played both the demo's. i.m.o, its a pretty radical game. the weapons are damn cool.(gotta love the nailgun). the first single player demo scared the living crap out of me... and i played it in the middle of the night :p

cant wait to get it!

You do know that alleging to do piracy is against Neowin's rule and might lead to a warnng or banning the account?

K'

586670556[/snapback]

Now now, dude, I haven't suggested where to get it from, nor have I discussed warez, so no ground for any action! Private use of warez is OK, as long as you dont give any info on it, or how to get it.

Private use of warez is OK, as long as you dont give any info on it, or how to get it.

586670790[/snapback]

yeah right, whatever you like to believe :rolleyes:

Anyway played the SP demo and it's fantastic. All the reviews seem positive.

If you are indeed looking for ppls respose to the demo why dont you just look for the thread about the demo, its like 12 pages and will have all you need. Since you are after demo oppinions and all.....

So far, so good.  Bummed there's no WIdescreen mode though.  Got use to HL2 in 1680x1050...

586674215[/snapback]

Agreed, WS should be a standard in todays games :/ Maybe with the release of next gen consoles it will be adopted fully across the board.

Luckily though you can force WS like with BF2 etc... Although you are just stretching it really...

Somewhere in this dir

C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\

Open the settings.cfg file with notepad

Edit the numbers for "ScreenWidth" and "ScreenHeight" to whatever you want.

Save & close.

apparently the real games maps have alot of entry and exits into key rooms. Still will be a linear game but it supposedly does give qyuite a bit of freedom as to how you approach each fight

Fun game! The maps are very linear.. I just keep on coming back for the enemy AI and particle FX!

Here's a screenshot I took. 1600x1200 FSAAx2 AAx2 Textures and everything else maxed out. Soft shadows ON.

fear1mr.jpg

played the MP demo was great soo fun. However im still not sure i kinda got bored dunno if im fully going to purchase it will need to see if it kicks off like cs.

Took a few more:

The first 3 screens are using the same settings as above.. the last 3 are w/ FSAA, AA, and Soft Shadows OFF. For a more playable experience. :)

fear51nc.jpg

fear61zy.jpg

fear73nt.jpg

fear21fx.jpg

fear32ur.jpg

fear44ap.jpg

Took a few more:

The first 3 screens are using the same settings as above.. the last 3 are w/ FSAA, AA, and Soft Shadows OFF. For a more playable experience. :)

Jesus man you ever heard of re sizing images for viewing.

I am playing alot of the multiplayer version of the game and I think its all right. It definatly does not have the smooth network code of the Quake series. I wish I could carry more weapons with me at a time. The nades and explosions are pretty cool.

Uhm, it's not out yet, how do you expect us to have it, warez monkey?? (I'm buying it currently form a torrent store, at 25kb)

586670542[/snapback]

25!! man I payed 50! lol :ninja:

Norton Mapes has that crappy music when he appears?

In the PC Zone review the had a picture of Norton Mapes and the caption below was "Norton Mapes, ######". They also said he kind of ruins alot of the game for not being actually a comedy interlude.