Logitech UltraX Keyboard

Logitech UltraX is a keyboard designed with keys like laptops. That is with a very short 'click'. The keyboard is simply incredible.

In the shop I've thought it looks a bit cheap made, but when I took it home and had a closer look it looked far better. The keys feel great, exactly like on my friends laptop.

After 10 hours of typing yesterday I didn't have any problems with it and the feeling while typing is great. The pressure needed to press a key is far less and thus you don't get tired as with a normal keyboard after a while. I'm also making far less typos than with my old Zboard/MS one. :happy:

Can't make any pics, but there's more info on it and some pictures at the Logitech website.

Just thought I'd give those that have been thinking of getting a new keyboard a bump to try this out. If you don't like laptop keys then this is not your thing, otherwise I haven't seen a better one yet (well except perhaps for the DiNovo thingy.. but the price of it is way to much for most people). ;)

Cool keyboard. I just got myself a Logitech MX3100 and the typing is really great. I just have to get used to it and it will be even better. Good luck with your keyboard. ;)

I have that keyboard...

I bought it from buy.com. Buy.com is the only place that offers it like Logitech.com shows it...as a combo with an optical mouse. Everywhere else sells is OEM, keyboard only.

Buy.com was selling it for $32 when i bought it. Its now at $35 i believe.

The keyboard is amazing. My typing speed has increased a lot with it.

Its very fast response, its the ONLY keyboard (which is affordable) that offers the laptop keys with the standard 104 key keyboard layout. I say "which is affordable" because the Logitech DeNovo offers the same deal...laptop keys with the standard layout, but its over $200!!!. Every other "affordable" keyboard which offers laptop keys offers a non-standard layout...layouts which mimic laptop layouts, where the pgdn/pgup/end/insert are on the right side of the keyboard, and where there is no numpad, rather its integrated into the letter keys and are accessed with a function key, something i find very annoying.

It comes with a 2-button, scroll-wheeled (which of course is also a button in itself) optical mouse. Its pretty much your standard Microsoft Intellipoint mouse...just logitech brand. Its a very good mouse if you dont need 4 or 5 buttons. It of course matches the keyboard! :).

Its a very cheap combo for a great keyboard and an optical mouse.

Both are wired; both are PS2 connections.

I have that keyboard...

I bought it from buy.com.  Buy.com is the only place that offers it like Logitech.com shows it...as a combo with an optical mouse.  Everywhere else sells is OEM, keyboard only.

Buy.com was selling it for $32 when i bought it.  Its now at $35 i believe.

The keyboard is amazing.  My typing speed has increased a lot with it.

Its very fast response, its the ONLY keyboard (which is affordable) that offers the laptop keys with the standard 104 key keyboard layout.  I say "which is affordable" because the Logitech DeNovo offers the same deal...laptop keys with the standard layout, but its over $200!!!.  Every other "affordable" keyboard which offers laptop keys offers a non-standard layout...layouts which mimic laptop layouts, where the pgdn/pgup/end/insert are on the right side of the keyboard, and where there is no numpad, rather its integrated into the letter keys and are accessed with a function key, something i find very annoying.

It comes with a 2-button, scroll-wheeled (which of course is also a button in itself) optical mouse.  Its pretty much your standard Microsoft Intellipoint mouse...just logitech brand.  Its a very good mouse if you dont need 4 or 5 buttons.  It of course matches the keyboard! :).

Its a very cheap combo for a great keyboard and an optical mouse.

Both are wired; both are PS2 connections.

586678510[/snapback]

Mine is on USB, altough it came with a PS2 adapter. And agreed my typing speed went up a lot in the past few days since I've got it. And the typos went down as well. ;)

I have that keyboard...

I bought it from buy.com.  Buy.com is the only place that offers it like Logitech.com shows it...as a combo with an optical mouse.  Everywhere else sells is OEM, keyboard only.

586678510[/snapback]

Nah, here in Belgium it has the optical mouse aswell.

Couldn't find it but:

Are there buttons on it that helps with playing music? (as in stop, play, next, pauze etc etc.)

586679528[/snapback]

Theres media, play/pause, mute, favourites, e-mail,,www.

From my experience those media keys on most keyboard don't work that good anyway. This is exactly what I like about this keyboard. No additional software needed, all keys exactly where they should be (no weird keys moved somewhere and no FN key ala MS). And the feeling while typing is great. ;)

I second that. Great keyboard, great typing, nice looks and a great combo with e.g. Logitech MX700. I rarely use the media keys, but what I like is that they're small keys which adds a nice something to it :)

It's not that easy to get in here Holland; only a few stores sell this keyboard (it's OEM officially).

Recommended!

Great keyboard. I love this thing  :D

Is there any way to program the hot keys? I use mostly winamp, so the play/pause button is useless for me.

586709205[/snapback]

Unfortunately not, it uses whatever is the default application at the time. If your desktop is active, Outlook will open, for instance. If Opera is active, Opera's mail will open.

I don't know if I really enjoy the laptop keyboard keys for my desktop, aren't they supposed to be harder on your fingers?

586691717[/snapback]

I find that for my keyboard (look at my earlier post) its actually alot nicer on the fingers. Seen alot less pressure needs to be exerted there is less fatigue and stuff in your hands, wrists and fingers. I actaully like it with no wrist rest to as I would always put my hands on the rest when typing (which is a no) but when there is no rest I lift my hands. :)

If only they made this keyboard (or mine) in a ergonomic split key keyboard design, then it would pwn all keyboards and be the most 1337 keyboard there is.

I got this keyboard through the mail this morning and it's absolutely fantastic! :) The keys are way better than my old Internet Navigator. The simplicity of this keyboard is also fantastic :)