Logitech UltraX Keyboard

• 2 weeks later...
is this available in australia?? if so where can i find it

586765925[/snapback]

Yeah I'm having a hard time tracking down one of these keyboards down as well. :(

Edited by ghoul2oo2

because it's more expensive...

there's several reasons why i love my ultrax, firstly because it's so damn good looking, none of that extra stuff that just looks out of place and secondly because I can press as many keys at the same time as I want (good for gaming) which some keyboards have issues with.

the only real qualm I do have is the fact that because the keys are so thin, I had to turn my keyboard slightly so I could hit the space button easier, apart from that it's great!

I was just about to buy Ultra-X and I saw your post, can you expand please as to why its so much better?

Thanks!

586779476[/snapback]

Sry for the late reply. Well I think UltraX works as good as Speedlink but Speedlink is much nicer to use because of the laptop keys, UltraX doesn't really have that. Other thing is that Speedlink is all silver, all metal, really flat and clean.

Sry for the late reply. Well I think UltraX works as good as Speedlink but Speedlink is much nicer to use because of the laptop keys, UltraX doesn't really have that. Other thing is that Speedlink is all silver, all metal, really flat and clean.

586788371[/snapback]

Er? .. the UltraX has laptop keys. It's the whole point why I like it so much. :rolleyes:

Er? .. the UltraX has laptop keys. It's the whole point why I like it so much. :rolleyes:

586788442[/snapback]

It doesn't. Keyboard layout is just like in regular keyboards.

this is laptop layout.

sl-6465_1.jpg

Edited by Joni_78

So this UltraX is PS2 only? wonder if the PS2 to USB adapter from the mx1000 will work with it so can hook it upto the Mac.

hmm or is it USB... http://strony.aster.pl/barton/hardware/Log...aX_Keyboard.jpg

Was maybe thinking of getting this, but don't know yet. The flat look seems stunning.

586788503[/snapback]

It has a USB to PS2 converter that comes with it.

Had the same microsoft keyboard for 10 years almost...its buttons are perfect, and its the curve design, without the stupid small arrow keys that are now included in every keyboard design. When this keyboard dies, I dont know what I will do.

When we refer to the Ultra X having "laptop keys" we mean that it has thin (short) keys like a laptop. That actual layout is the same as a standard desktop keyboard.

I tried it, not bad at all. But if you really want the best keyboard money can buy (OK it's maybe not an ultra-cool look), but it is absolutely the best keyboard available the famous IBM with UltraNav just as great as the famous IBM ThinkPad keyboards, with the same notebook layout and look and feel.

IBM UltraNav Keyboard

It doesn't. Keyboard layout is just like in regular keyboards.

this is laptop layout.

sl-6465_1.jpg

586788529[/snapback]

I was talking about the keys themselves, not the layout. Ah well, to each their own I guess. I do like a normal sized keyboard more for desktop work and gaming than a laptop layout.

Oh and to ^ IBM.. eww it really looks bad bad. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought also this keyboard Logitech UltraX Media Desktop, but it has a different design than the one on thier homepage. It has up a a black line where are the media buttons and it's totaly flat, on their website I saw that is a little going up on the row where are the F key.

My question is for those who has this keyboard.

When playing Counter-Strike I have my own config and I can't do this:

Go forward (E key), crouch (A key) and while going forward crouching to switch the weapon (Q key).

It seems that all this key pressed all togheter will beep a sound from my computer speaker and won't take Q key action.

Try pressing E, A and then Q and keep them pressed for 1 or 2 seconds.

On my old MS keyboard I can do that.

Hi,

I bought also this keyboard Logitech UltraX Media Desktop, but it has a different design than the one on thier homepage. It has up a a black line where are the media buttons and it's totaly flat, on their website I saw that is a little going up on the row where are the F key.

My question is for those who has this keyboard.

When playing Counter-Strike I have my own config and I can't do this:

Go forward (E key), crouch (A key) and while going forward crouching to switch the weapon (Q key).

It seems that all this key pressed all togheter will beep a sound from my computer speaker and won't take Q key action.

Try pressing E, A and then Q and keep them pressed for 1 or 2 seconds.

On my old MS keyboard I can do that.

586831587[/snapback]

Some keyboards can only take a certain amount of keys.

My old MS keyboard couldnt take 3 keys but my new keyboard can take up to 3 keys.

I guess your outta luck dude.

It can take 3 keys for sure, I use 3 keys in ET all the time. Probably even 4.

Do you have it connected on USB or PS2? I've got it on USB and it's working without probs for me.

When we refer to the Ultra X having "laptop keys" we mean that it has thin (short) keys like a laptop.  That actual layout is the same as a standard desktop keyboard.

586790426[/snapback]

I have this one, i love it.

It can take 3 keys for sure, I use 3 keys in ET all the time. Probably even 4.

Do you have it connected on USB or PS2? I've got it on USB and it's working without probs for me.

586831832[/snapback]

First I had it on PS2 and now I've put it on USB same result.

Try in Total Comander or notepad ... to press E key ... keep it press then press A key ... also keep it press both keys E and A .. and then press Q key ... you'll see that Q is not typed anymore ... but if you click R key ... with both other keys press R is typed.

Tell me if you can type Q with both E and A keys pressed.

Thanks

Some keyboards can only take a certain amount of keys.

My old MS keyboard couldnt take 3 keys but my new keyboard can take up to 3 keys.

I guess your outta luck dude.

586831771[/snapback]

Thats accually a BIOS problem. If you update your BIOS, itll problably let you more than 3.