Logitech UltraX Keyboard

I've had mine for about 15 months now and the keyboard still works like a charm. I have spilled some coke on this thing but it's easy to clean up.

I can't see how it's possible to break the keys in half =/. IMO they're quite durable.. but don't ever hit them with a screwdriver...

• 4 weeks later...

My ultra-x just arrived, its the old revision but I think it looks better than the new.

The button in the top right corner of keyboard keeps flashing. WTF? What is that button anyway?

I love my ultraX, I soak it in water once every 3 months or so, and let it dry for a day or two, comes out totally clean and working just like new. thats to all of you people with "sticky" keys.

I love my ultraX, I soak it in water once every 3 months or so, and let it dry for a day or two, comes out totally clean and working just like new. thats to all of you people with "sticky" keys.

Is it ok to soak it in water? Wont it damage it in anyway?

Not if you let it dry off completely before plugging it in again.

Lots of people put their keyboards in the dishwasher then stick them in the airing cupboard to dry them off.

Woah, looks really nice. I might consider getting one of these soonish.

Been using a Logitech internet navigator keyboard for what seems like forever, not that there's anything wrong with it, but it doesn't look the sex :(

And from what I've read, many people have found themselves able to type faster with the Ultra-X due to the laptop keys, so that's always a plus! :)

My ultra-x just arrived, its the old revision but I think it looks better than the new.

The button in the top right corner of keyboard keeps flashing. WTF? What is that button anyway?

:rofl:

The top right flashing button is to indicate something in your sys tray flashing, msn messenger as an example.

Not if you let it dry off completely before plugging it in again.

Lots of people put their keyboards in the dishwasher then stick them in the airing cupboard to dry them off.

I normally just suck all the dust out with a hoover!

I might try "washing" it sometime though, thanks for the top :)

Out of interest, how do you guys minipulate the top buttons to make them do other things?

You don't; there are no drivers, it simply uses the registry settings for the default app, etc. For example, if Opera is active, pressing the E-mail button will open Opera's E-mail client, but if you click the taskbar firs, or another window, the default E-mail client will open.

You don't; there are no drivers, it simply uses the registry settings for the default app, etc. For example, if Opera is active, pressing the E-mail button will open Opera's E-mail client, but if you click the taskbar firs, or another window, the default E-mail client will open.

Its just I found that Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.3 when set to internet keyboard covers all the buttons on the ultra-x and you can minipulate their functions. Apsolutely awesome! :devil:

Clicky :)

Or scan here or overclockers!

Got mine from scan while I was ordering an opty :D

Its just I found that Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.3 when set to internet keyboard covers all the buttons on the ultra-x and you can minipulate their functions. Apsolutely awesome! :devil:

Thanks, I'll have to try that with my Kensington SlimType when it arrives next week. I believe it works without drivers like the UltraX does. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can just agree there, have had the UltraX for running 19 months now. Still runs amazing! Dropped a bit of ice cream on it, and had to clean it up with a wet cloth, but wow it still works amazing. For 21? it was a steal and a half! Never been more satisfied!

Have recently finished typing out my final Master's thesis with it... pure bliss!

• 1 year later...

I've had my ultraX for about a year now. No problems at all, even through all of the abuse I put it through (spilling of drinks and food crumbs). Definitely my favorite keyboard.

I just got a Benq A800. As a replacement for the Logitech UltraX.

It was ?15 cheaper, and it's a lot tougher. I'd recommend this over that.