Neowin.net is a blank page?

Originally posted by shockz

IgwanaRob relax :)

Removing the sigs can help in a small way... by removing the bbcode that shows the sig in the user control pannel. Its not alot of space, but it does help a little.

Amazing...

How do you think it knows to display something in the first place? It has to check to see if there is something there. Whether there is or not make NO DIFFERENCE, it's still checking. Removing the link will only return a different result than if there was a link there. Which part of "Removing them has absolutely NO EFFECT on Neowin's servers" are you failing to understand?

Like I said, anyone who removed their sigs thinking that it did anything is delusional. Anyone who believes it made any difference at all is delusional as well.

i bet it was someone hammering the server from australia with their l33t 56k modem

:D

Originally posted by IgwanaRob

Amazing...

How do you think it knows to display something in the first place? It has to check to see if there is something there. Whether there is or not make NO DIFFERENCE, it's still checking. Removing the link will only return a different result than if there was a link there. Which part of "Removing them has absolutely NO EFFECT on Neowin's servers" are you failing to understand?

Like I said, anyone who removed their sigs thinking that it did anything is delusional. Anyone who believes it made any difference at all is delusional as well.

Ok... like i said...

The bbcodes used in the sig are STORED on Neowin. They removed the STORED code - to save space for Neowin. But Neowin has plenty of space.

example:

somebody puts in their sig:

<pre>[img]whatever.gif[ /img]</pre>

<- thats stored and takes up space (very little, but still)

They were just trying to help, even if they helped very little, you still don't need to get all hot about it.

Ok... like i said...

The bb codes used in the sig are STORED on Neowin. They removed the STORED code - to save space for Neowin. But Neowin has plenty of space.

example:

somebody puts in their sig:

&lt;pre&gt;[img]whatever.gif[ / img]&lt;/pre&gt;

<- thats stored and takes up space (very little, but still)

Using your logic, then Neowin would need about 1 million people with coded sigs linking to an external image to generate a few megabytes worth of space - and you really think that would effect the servers in any way? Seriously?

You inability to grasp a simple idea, and posting this respone, most likely took up more room than every sig file link in this thread...

Originally posted by IgwanaRob

You inability to grasp a simple idea, and posting this respone, most likely took up more room than every sig file link in this thread...

^ - Throwing your quote right back at you.

I KNOW IT DOSEN'T REALLY HELP... its very little space. I KNOW THAT. OK! GOT IT! I don't have a sig, I hate them. I am just telling you what the people that removed their sig did, and why. Man... unbeliveable. :right: :mad:

(this is where i come in)

dudes!

sit back.

take a breath.

read what was posted.

realize that you're both pretty much saying the same thing with only a slight spin at the end.

kiss and make up.

thank you.

Yeah. I am not going to deal with him anymore. I tried making my point, he disagreed, I supported my point, and now i'm done. He can agrue all he wants, but I am going to ignore him.

Yeah. I am not going to deal with him anymore. I tried making my point, he disagreed, I supported my point, and now i'm done. He can agrue all he wants, but I am going to ignore him.

good thinkin ;)

i'm glad this comes to a peaceful end.

all in a day's work for the Neowin Fire Department Chief ;)

/me goes to bed :sleeping:

Stop flaming each other and realize you are both probably wrong. The only one who can answer this would be Neobond himself. So just chill, drop it and close this thread.

There is no need to argue whether you should turn off your signature or not. If you want to turn it off believing that it might help Neowin in a way, go ahead, thank you for trying to help but remember this, Redmak has already said that if he need to turn off signature, he can use his secret almighty big black dark switch :)

It's odd how it happens all of a sudden (the serverload skyrocketting), the admins should really look into it.
They are currently looking into it.

Originally posted by BxBoy

It's odd how it happens all of a sudden (the serverload skyrocketting), the admins should really look into it.

yup, they have absolutely no idea, that its happening, but magically everyones avatar is off, and the page was blank, nope redmak and neobond are totally clueless :right:

:D

:sarcasm of the day:

/me feels much better now.

Originally posted by xStainDx

yup, they have absolutely no idea, that its happening, but magically everyones avatar is off, and the page was blank, nope redmak and neobond are totally clueless :right:

probably...

but at least they're doing their best to find out what it is and fix it