Australia beats Uruguay!

im all for australian winning that game, but i feel guilty in retroscpect that we (the crowd etc.) werent very sportman like, with the boo-ing during the uraguay national anthem

Now noone likes to see us Australians win more than me,

but lets be realistic here. We've only managed to delay the

arse-whipping we're going to get.

Still nice to see the long term guys like Vidmar and Aloisi who have

given much of their lives to getting to this point get there finally!

Ill still keep my fingers crossed!

586820625[/snapback]

dont be so pessimistic...ifngers crossed :)

im all for australian winning that game, but i feel guilty in retroscpect that we (the crowd etc.) werent very sportman like, with the boo-ing during the uraguay national anthem

586820662[/snapback]

dude u have no idea what it was lyk in last world cup qualfiers(me thinks 2003) when aus went to uruguay....much much worse......booing, spitting on aus players. etc......booing of their anthem was nothing compared to this

Good on Australia, and suck Uruguay, you had it coming... a bunch of thugs.

Deuz:

Did you see the picture in the paper of a stuffed kangaroo with an arrow throw its neck? Devine right my arse..

i went to the game. i must say i felt glad for Mark, great saves, goalies are always undervalued, and that it was rememberence for the great Johnny Warren. Hopefully this will push football in Australia real high! However i was really sad and upsetting hearing nearly all 82,000 of the crowd booing the Uruguayan nation anthem. right, Uruguayans spat on Australians, booed the national Anthem, what like 4 people ?? the fanatic ********s that every country has?? its sad, but acceptable. 82000 people booing the national anthem was just uncalled for and downright disgusting.

And people critisising Uruguayans, have you by any chance been there? have u seen football in other countries around the world? Ignorancy gets you nowhere, saying they were cheats for diving. Its a tactic of football, it happens all over the world. And besides why are u complaining? Australia won! does it affect you in any way? Austrlia flew back acroos the Pacific like kings, first class all the way, Uruguay on the other hand, came on a commercial flight, flying economy, cause they dnt have the funds at their disposable like Australia. The night before the game, people kept annoying the squad until six in the morning. And the police took 45 minutes to do something about it. You cant say Uruguayans are thugs, every country and cultures have people like that.

I am for both, cause my mum, But seriously, Australias going to Germany next year, why bother with the complaining, Australia had it ALL going for them, and it happened, they would have been left ridicule if they didnt.

i went to the game. i must say i felt glad for Mark, great saves, goalies are always undervalued, and that it was rememberence for the great Johnny Warren. Hopefully this will push football in Australia real high! .... ETC

586821088[/snapback]

Well said.

SAINT HIDDINK!

i went to the game. i must say i felt glad for Mark, great saves, goalies are always undervalued, and that it was rememberence for the great Johnny Warren. Hopefully this will push football in Australia real high! However i was really sad and upsetting hearing nearly all 82,000 of the crowd booing the Uruguayan nation anthem. right, Uruguayans spat on Australians, booed the national Anthem, what like 4 people ?? the fanatic ********s that every country has?? its sad, but acceptable. 82000 people booing the national anthem was just uncalled for and downright disgusting.

And people critisising Uruguayans, have you by any chance been there? have u seen football in other countries around the world? Ignorancy gets you nowhere, saying they were cheats for diving. Its a tactic of football, it happens all over the world. And besides why are u complaining? Australia won! does it affect you in any way? Austrlia flew back acroos the Pacific like kings, first class all the way, Uruguay on the other hand, came on a commercial flight, flying economy, cause they dnt have the funds at their disposable like Australia. The night before the game, people kept annoying the squad until six in the morning. And the police took 45 minutes to do something about it. You cant say Uruguayans are thugs, every country and cultures have people like that.

I am for both, cause my mum, But seriously, Australias going to Germany next year, why bother with the complaining, Australia had it ALL going for them, and it happened, they would have been left ridicule if they didnt.

586821088[/snapback]

Sorry dude, but as an Australian with an Argentine-background, I can tell you that all of South America knows how low Uruguay sinks in football. Lets face it. Uruguay didnt fly back in first class because they couldnt get a chartered flight back at the time they needed. It was their fault for ruining our plans and setting the game early. In the end, im happy Uruguay isnt going. They resorted to a number of tactics to unsettle the Aussies. They used their power in FIFA to change the times, referees, and so forth. Their days of glory are long gone. And they were beaten off the park by a better team.

Wow.. it reminds me of when Hiddink put South Korean soccer team in the 4th place of World Cup 2002. Hiddink became an instant hero of Korea and the government even granted him an "honorable citizenship" thingy.

Congrats Aussies. Under Hiddink's leadership I believe Australian team will do an excellent job at the World Cup.

Good on Australia, and suck Uruguay, you had it coming... a bunch of thugs.

Deuz:

Did you see the picture in the paper of a stuffed kangaroo with an arrow throw its neck? Devine right my arse..

586821001[/snapback]

nope but see what i mean

Regardless, I would have to say Australians try to be good sports most of the time. Because some other countries can be bad sports, it doesn?t excuse Australians for doing it.

586821020[/snapback]

im not excusing it im jus syaing that they have done worse.....

hiddink is coo:cool:l:

THAT truely was one of the most amazing saves in the history of Football. Just amazing.

586817280[/snapback]

ugghh that was awfully shooted, it wasnt even close enought to the post (sp?) and of course he failed to trick the keeper.

anyhow, good for Australia they are finally back on the world cup :)

Congrats for the qualify.  :D

I have one question.

Why does the Australia uses green/yellow uniform in some sports ?

(i dont see those colors in their flag)

586817154[/snapback]

yea good point...something we must fix.... :yes: