Office 12 Beta 1 Released

OK, I got Office 12 Beta installed without a hitch but there is a problem in my Outlook program. All others work fine but when I open Outlook and try to open up an email I get an error message: Cannot Open this Item. Viewing it in a reading pane does the same thing, anything that has to do with received/sent emails just gives me that error. I have no clue why it would do that. Any ideas how to fix it?

--Alex

is office 12 beta faster than office 12 prebeta? whats the difrance? i dont wanna have to re-download the bootlegg version of it again :s

586834667[/snapback]

I can imagine it would be faster, yes...

OK, I got Office 12 Beta installed without a hitch but there is a problem in my Outlook program. All others work fine but when I open Outlook and try to open up an email I get an error message: Cannot Open this Item. Viewing it in a reading pane does the same thing, anything that has to do with received/sent emails just gives me that error. I have no clue why it would do that. Any ideas how to fix it?

--Alex

586834624[/snapback]

i assume you aren't a beta tester because if you were, you wouldn't post something like this here, you would report it to ms like you are supposed to :/

hey is anyone having issues with memory leaks from office 12? I ran outlook and it was syphoning 180mb... close to 200 actually, I think that's abit much. anyhow I would like to know who else is having that issue.

I extracted frontpage and onenote. dropped the files in office pro files and the installer picks frontpage and onenote files fine.. saved me from making a AIO menu.. Also looked at the .xmls and you can put key, username, organization etc. so it wont ask you for product key anymore.. the unattendent file is almost vista beta 1 style../quote]

What do you mean by "office pro files" here? I'd like to try that...

Just skimmed over the license agreement and found this part interesting:

16. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover up to US $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.

$5? :laugh:

is office 12 beta faster than office 12 prebeta? whats the difrance? i dont wanna have to re-download the bootlegg version of it again :s

586834667[/snapback]

yes, RAM usage is significantly decreased (or improved, whatever your wording might be) in the beta than in the prebeta. some small bugs here and there are fixed as well. minor visual improvements, etc.

I really don't think Office 12 is that amazing. It's a nice change but the ribbon bar has me confused sometimes.

-Page Font Preview is pooched.

-Tables (editing and formatting) is at best unreliable.

-That Calibri font sucks.

-The UI is too much like Office for Mac 2003.

Maybe Beta 2 will impress me.

Does anybody know, how I can use grammar check for Dutch language In Word 12? I only get the English ones  :)

Thank you!

586843586[/snapback]

Install office 2003 proofing tools.

Is anyone else experiencing slow response times with Outlook 12? I type really quickly and all and it gets EXTREMELY slow when I type and all. It misses letters that I know I typed, it even misses entire words sometimes. Anybody else experiencing this?

--Alex

Is anyone else experiencing slow response times with Outlook 12? I type really quickly and all and it gets EXTREMELY slow when I type and all. It misses letters that I know I typed, it even misses entire words sometimes. Anybody else experiencing this?

--Alex

586848183[/snapback]

No. I type fast too.

Must be specific to your configuration.

You should file a bug with good reproduction steps.

(You don't have a surreptitiously installed key logger, right? :rofl: )