[Review] iMac 17" G5 Rev.C

Lepoard  :woot:  When is that slated to come out?

Thanks for the links, they will come in handy :)

586838916[/snapback]

Late 2006 or early 2007, around the same time as Vista.

And your welcome :)

Saxondale,

I'm getting an iMac myself, I will be reinstalling tiger on it from scratch (I like to do this on every new computer I get). My question is about the Imac's included CD's or DVD's.

Does the Imac include a separate cd or dvd with both front row and photobooth, or do these apps come bundled in the Tiger DVD? :unsure:

Could you please let me know which cd's and dvd's you received with your Imac?

Thanking you in advance.

586839238[/snapback]

wha?? why would you do that. its not a dell where they install 10gb worth of bloatware.

at least this post got a good laugh around the office here. :laugh:

I will be reinstalling it since it will be my first mac and I'd like to get to know the installation process.

I know that Mac's are designed to work out of the box , but that doesn't mean that you can do with your hardware and software what you want. :cool:

Saxondale,

I'm getting an iMac myself, I will be reinstalling tiger on it from scratch (I like to do this on every new computer I get). My question is about the Imac's included CD's or DVD's.

Does the Imac include a separate cd or dvd with both front row and photobooth, or do these apps come bundled in the Tiger DVD? :unsure:

Could you please let me know which cd's and dvd's you received with your Imac?

Thanking you in advance.

586839238[/snapback]

yep, the additional software will install with the os

when you do install from scratch, make sure you do a custom install, its easily missed if you dont look out for it ;)

Nice going saxondale, you deserve a treat like that!

You're going to love OS X!:D:D

586847822[/snapback]

Hehe thank:):)

Oh i do love i:D:D

man congrats!! i love Macs, but i dnt have money :p the new iMacs repel any of those "wait for Intel" comments, itll go strong for many years to come.

congrats again!

If anyone wants to know anything about the iMac i will try my best and answer them. If you want some pictures of anything, then i will gladdly take some :)

If anyone wants to know anything about the iMac i will try my best and answer them. If you want some pictures of anything, then i will gladdly take some :)

586860584[/snapback]

Right... :rolleyes:

Shouldn't we wait till Jan 06 for Intel based Macs.

586855100[/snapback]

No not really, can you keep this stuff out of my thread please.

586855120[/snapback]

I'm actually interested in that as well, what will the differences be between the Intel ones and the current ones (aside from the obvious..)?

It's quite some time now that I'm thinking about buying an iBook or Powerbook (addicted to mobility :p) but the prices are just a bit too high :/. I'm also waiting for Intel and benchmarks to compare. I'm probably gonna get me one next year. They say the prices will be dropped with Intel so I'm hoping for it :D.

Looks lovely mate :yes:, i was considering getting one for christmas, but i've gone for a 15" Powerbook instead so i can use it in college etc. another bloke in my class just got an iMac, he loves his to :happy: